Last visit was: 05 May 2024, 21:19 It is currently 05 May 2024, 21:19

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
SORT BY:
Date
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 87 [0]
Given Kudos: 297
GMAT 1: 650 Q44 V35
Send PM
GMAT Club Legend
GMAT Club Legend
Affiliations: EMPOWERgmat
Own Kudos [?]: 11674 [0]
Given Kudos: 450
GMAT 1: 800 Q51 V49
GRE 1: Q170 V170
Send PM
Target Test Prep Representative
Affiliations: Target Test Prep
Own Kudos [?]: 22142 [0]
Given Kudos: 283
Send PM
GMATWhiz Representative
Own Kudos [?]: 1802 [0]
Given Kudos: 68
GMAT 1: 740 Q50 V41
GMAT 2: 760 Q51 V40
Send PM
Re: 30 Days Study Plan for Verbal [#permalink]
Expert Reply
Mck2023 wrote:
Hi GMAT Conquerors!
I hope you all are doing well.

I tried a lot, searched and read almost all related articles in forum but could not make a good plan for my verbal studies. I want to make a robust plan which I can follow thoroughly.
When I analyzed my GMAT journey so far, I found that I lack a systematic approach to learning. I see I stuck on a problem which I had attempted smoothly after reading the chapter related to that problem. This happened mostly in Quant. However I think I can balance my Quant. But problem is in verbal. So please guide me on my verbal study plan.
Mainly I am very bad at reviewing and analysis of my mistake. So help me make a plan where following things are well mentioned:
1. When to read the which concept?
2. Order of the Sections and whether they should be studied and practiced simultaneously or finishing one first then another.
3. When to start practicing the question?
4. When to review the topics and the mistake. ( I will use the GMAT Club Error Log)

To mention more, I have got V18 in my last official practice CAT.

Thank You

Best Regards
Mck2023

Hi,
First of all, it’s good that you have identified the main problem. Most students don’t do that and they end up solving more and more questions without improving their score.

GMATWhiz actually answers all your queries. Let me elaborate that to you. You are absolutely right that you need to have a systematic approach of learning to score good on GMAT. For a systematic approach, you need to have a proper study plan with clear deadlines.

A proper study plan would consist of the following :

Step 1 - Start working on one module at a time. I recommend starting from your stronger section. Now in this module take up one topic at a time and master this topic in 3 simple phases
Phase 1 - learn the concepts tested on GMAT.
Phase 2 - learn a methodical approach to solve questions. This is the most crucial step. Most people don't do this and that's where they struggle. You can check out GMATWhiz as it is an application driven course that teaches you a methodical approach for every question.
Phase 3 - Practice questions and identify your weak areas right away to improve them. Don't move to the next topic unless you're getting at least the easy and medium questions right consistently.
Follow these 3 phases to learn all topics.
Step 2 - Once you've learned all topics, then start ironing out the gaps by taking sectional tests. Take a sectional test for each module (read SC, CR, RC, etc.) and then identify weak areas and work on improving them.
Repeat step 2 and take a few mocks until you reach your target. While doing so focus on improving the method you follow to solve questions because that's what stops people from scoring 700+. Hope it helped.

I think the above points answer all your questions. GMATWhiz is one such unique source which provides you with all the above features on a single platform.
GMATWhiz uses AI to provide you with real time improvement modules after every practice quiz. This helps you to review your mistakes and analyse the,.
• And moreover, once you are done with a topic and move on to the next, the practice quiz tests you on the multiple topics covered in the previous sessions so that you do not lose touch with them.

You can actually check out the free trial of GMATWhiz at https://www.gmatwhiz.com and decide whether it is the one you are looking for.
Hope this helped and feel free to contact if you have any further queries.
GMAT Club Bot
Re: 30 Days Study Plan for Verbal [#permalink]