Last visit was: 24 Apr 2024, 18:06 It is currently 24 Apr 2024, 18:06

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
SORT BY:
Date
Director
Director
Status:My Thread Master Bschool Threads-->Krannert(Purdue),WP Carey(Arizona),Foster(Uwashngton)
Own Kudos [?]: 277 [0]
Given Kudos: 57
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 239 [0]
Given Kudos: 94
GMAt Status: Quant section
Concentration: Finance, Real Estate
Schools: WBS (D)
GMAT Date: 12-30-2011
GPA: 3.2
Send PM
Director
Director
Status:My Thread Master Bschool Threads-->Krannert(Purdue),WP Carey(Arizona),Foster(Uwashngton)
Send PM
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 148 [0]
Given Kudos: 35
GMAT 1: 780 Q49 V50
WE:Research (Other)
Send PM
Re: 320 to 460 now what? [#permalink]
prateekbhatt wrote:
Today i gave my 3 rd mock test Princeton review CAT1 360 Q22/37 and V14/41..

Day before yesterday i gave kaplan score 460 with Q13/37 and V14/41....

How is this possible.........

Which was more accurate Princeton review or Kaplan....Totally confused...

I wouldn't really trust either the kaplan or princeton much, I've found them both to be off in their scoring. Try the manhattan tests, or try the other GMATprep.

What is your target score?
Director
Director
Send PM
hi Thanks for the advise today i will give MGMAT CAT 1.......

My target is 680+

Looks really difficult from my present score..and the way my scores are declining....Cant really understand with same no. of verbal correct and a better quant how can i score 100 points low.......

anyways i guess they are just good for practice and not for measuring scores.......
Director
Director
Send PM
Power Prep 1 320 Q22 V11
Power Prep 2 500 Q36 V22
Kaplan CAT 2 460 Q28 V26
Princeton review1 360 Q32 V09

I guess its rare to see a graph declining like this........

Will try MGMAT CAT 1 Today..........
Director
Director
Send PM
Power Prep 1 320 Q22 V11 (01/07/11)
Power Prep 2 500 Q36 V22 (03/08/11)
Kaplan CAT 2 460 Q28 V26 (09/09/11)
PR CAT 1 360 Q32 V09 (11/09/11)
MGMAT CAT 420 Q33 V17 (12/09/11)

I guess it rare to see scores declining like this......I know i need to work in both the sections but majorly in Verbal......Confused where to start ? should i again start reading my basic books.....

I have.....
Princeton review
Kaplan premier
Kaplan 800( havent started yet)
Manhattan SC(started reading)
OG 12 (completed)

Havent Test myself on Gmat prep yet..Guess will write it day after!!!!!

any suggestions on how to improve my scores drastically are welcomed.....

Thanks
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 148 [1]
Given Kudos: 35
GMAT 1: 780 Q49 V50
WE:Research (Other)
Send PM
Kudos
Hey Prateek, I wouldn't necessarily bother taking another practice test yet since you have already taken 2 other ones this week. There may be a large difference between the scores of the tests that you have taken so far, but it is clear that you are still a ways from your goal, and even your best score indicates that you are probably lacking an understanding of many fundamental principles.

When I started studying for the GMAT my math was very poor. I would recommend looking into the Foundations of Math book by Manhattan, I found it to be a very good resource for learning all of the basics. I worked through it cover to cover over the course of 3 weeks, and my practice scores improved by 50 points - all in math.

Maybe someone else can give you some advice on verbal, I haven't studied it much because it has always been my strong point. I have heard the powerscore CR bible is good, as are the MGMAT verbal guides.

My last tip is to stay away from advanced guides right now, such as the Kaplan 800. There is no point in trying to learn tricks to crack the toughest problems without learning the underlying principles. You'll never see those problems on the real thing without mastering the lower level problem types.

So yes, study basic material, try to learn the fundamental concepts and then take another test in a couple weeks. A 200 point improvement is possible if you study smart and have enough time. If just depends on when you are planning to apply to schools...
Director
Director
Send PM
Hi rjdunn03

Appreciate your reply....Yes i am not talking any CAT for a while....Started working on Verbal may be after two weeks will try my 1st gmat prep....

I do understand what are you saying....I will review my concepts again in quant...

As for SC i have a manhattan and for CR have just downloaded powerscore bible....

Hope the next test may change things a bit for me...

I want to apply For this fall 12 Not sure if i can complete my gmat before R2.....

If not have to postponed it for fall13...Hope this dosent happen....

Chaw
GMAT Club Bot