Last visit was: 24 Apr 2024, 18:51 It is currently 24 Apr 2024, 18:51

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
SORT BY:
Date
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 23 [0]
Given Kudos: 1
GMAT Date: 05-26-2012
GPA: 3.2
WE:Supply Chain Management (Health Care)
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 5 [0]
Given Kudos: 2
Concentration: Marketing, Strategy
GMAT Date: 11-12-2012
GPA: 3.42
WE:Operations (Telecommunications)
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Given Kudos: 18
GMAT 1: 700 Q47 V40
GMAT 2: 740 Q48 V44
GPA: 3.48
Send PM
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 596 [0]
Given Kudos: 82
Send PM
Re: 3rd Attempt, what to do differently? [#permalink]
HImba88 wrote:
You should be able to generate reports on the MGMAT website that can tell you which question areas you got correct and which were incorrect. I found those helpful in finding my weak areas.

Also, are you going through the OG problems and finding WHY you got them incorrect?

can u tell me how to generate reports on MGMAT WEBSITE??
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 10 [0]
Given Kudos: 7
GMAT 1: 620 Q49 V26
Send PM
sanjoo wrote:
HImba88 wrote:
You should be able to generate reports on the MGMAT website that can tell you which question areas you got correct and which were incorrect. I found those helpful in finding my weak areas.

Also, are you going through the OG problems and finding WHY you got them incorrect?

After log-in (CAT Exams), you will find "your assesment report" between " Exam Instruction" and " CAT exams".
Click generate assessment report and customize in your way.

BTW, error-log maintanance and follow-up can be helpful for you. And whenever take the simulation, set timed condition.
HTH.
Manager
Manager
Given Kudos: 18
GMAT 1: 700 Q47 V40
GMAT 2: 740 Q48 V44
GPA: 3.48
Send PM
G800 wrote:
sanjoo wrote:
HImba88 wrote:

After log-in (CAT Exams), you will find "your assesment report" between " Exam Instruction" and " CAT exams".
Click generate assessment report and customize in your way.

BTW, error-log maintanance and follow-up can be helpful for you. And whenever take the simulation, set timed condition.
HTH.

Thanks G800. Took the words right out of my mouth
Intern
Intern
Send PM
All, thanks for the responses. I've done the assessment at MGMAT. I mean I was scoring 97% on the verbal! Not many weak areas there! So I'm just confused why I bombed the real thing.

I haven't tried the Gmat Club tests yet but not sure if more tests is the answer. I need to find out what I need to do differently for this next exam as I think if I just repeat and "study harder" I will fall into this trap again.

Any other thoughts?
Intern
Intern
Send PM
GmatSlayer112 wrote:
All, thanks for the responses. I've done the assessment at MGMAT. I mean I was scoring 97% on the verbal! Not many weak areas there! So I'm just confused why I bombed the real thing.

I haven't tried the Gmat Club tests yet but not sure if more tests is the answer. I need to find out what I need to do differently for this next exam as I think if I just repeat and "study harder" I will fall into this trap again.

Any other thoughts?

idea of "go through" is not enough when you have already eliminated 3 options and confused between 2 remaining ! Here comes the question of internalization of a concept. Now a days "pick me" type questions are avaiable only in practice materials NOT in REAL EXAM.

IMO indepth study is must to hold nerve and to answer efficiently on G-day.

MUST: Re-do OGs - 10,11,12,13 with explanation and error-log management.
1. Emphasis on MGMAT CAT 1,2 (they are much harder than 3,4,5- personal opinion)
2. MGMAT SC + CR Bible + Aristotle (vebal referenc)
3. Emphasis on MGMAT Ouant 1,2 (number propertise and inequality)- DS and most of the PS will be covered
4. Geometry: Varitas prep

Again, take exam in timed condition and save energy for verbal !
Intern
Intern
Send PM
G800 wrote:
GmatSlayer112 wrote:

Any other thoughts?

idea of "go through" is not enough when you have already eliminated 3 options and confused between 2 remaining ! Here comes the question of internalization of a concept. Now a days "pick me" type questions are avaiable only in practice materials NOT in REAL EXAM.

IMO indepth study is must to hold nerve and to answer efficiently on G-day.

MUST: Re-do OGs - 10,11,12,13 with explanation and error-log management.
1. Emphasis on MGMAT CAT 1,2 (they are much harder than 3,4,5- personal opinion)
2. MGMAT SC + CR Bible + Aristotle (vebal referenc)
3. Emphasis on MGMAT Ouant 1,2 (number propertise and inequality)- DS and most of the PS will be covered
4. Geometry: Varitas prep

Again, take exam in timed condition and save energy for verbal !

Thanks. With your comment of practice exams vs real exam, that could be a problem. If the practice materials are that much easier then what do you study to get yourself up to the READ EXAM level?
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Personal opinion: 2 contender pactice materials frequently appear on mgmat cat1 and 2 BUT not in later cats.
When we test ourselves in timed condition, we simply develop the attitude to cope a 4 hr exam, answer 37 maths without any break,answer 41verbal with 4 boaring rc and ir and essay in a row. And we study to have the confidence, nerve and ATTITUDE on the gday.

Posted from my mobile device
GMAT Club Bot
Moderator:
Founder
37301 posts