GMAT Question of the Day - Daily to your Mailbox; hard ones only

It is currently 19 Nov 2018, 23:50

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Close

Request Expert Reply

Confirm Cancel
Events & Promotions in November
PrevNext
SuMoTuWeThFrSa
Open Detailed Calendar
  • How to QUICKLY Solve GMAT Questions - GMAT Club Chat

November 20, 2018

November 20, 2018

09:00 AM PST

10:00 AM PST

The reward for signing up with the registration form and attending the chat is: 6 free examPAL quizzes to practice your new skills after the chat.
  • The winning strategy for 700+ on the GMAT

November 20, 2018

November 20, 2018

06:00 PM EST

07:00 PM EST

What people who reach the high 700's do differently? We're going to share insights, tips and strategies from data we collected on over 50,000 students who used examPAL.

4th attempt scheduled for 1.5 months from now, is my strategy sound?

new topic post reply Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
Intern
Intern
B
CAT Tests
4th attempt scheduled for 1.5 months from now, is my strategy sound?  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 06 Sep 2018, 17:00
Hello Everyone,

Before I start, I wanted to thank the GMATClub community for being the best source of knowledge and motivation there is for anyone that has embarked on the crazy journey that is the GMAT. It's comforting to know that we're all in this together.

3 attempts:
1st: 650 (43Q 37V)
2nd: 700 (45Q 40V) 45 in RC
3rd: 670 (47Q 35V) 29 in RC (RC was brutal)

I subscribed to Target Test Prep after my 2nd attempt and kept scoring 49+ in Quant on the GMATPrep Exams (new version.) No repeats. Taken at the library in exam-like conditions. For the 2nd attempt, I mismanaged my time and did not let go of questions I clearly should have let go of. Did GMATClub tests before 3rd attempts, got my scores that ranged from 29Q to 47Q which brought down my morale. Got 47Q on 3rd attempt which is better, but I did not feel confident when answering the questions (maybe the GMATPrep tests are too easy.)

For Quant, the plan is to go through the GMATClub Question Bank untimed, by topic, reviewing the explanations of questions I got right and wrong and bookmarking any noteworthy questions. Is that enough? I'm thinking about resubscribing to TTP because I remember really feeling like I had a good grasp of the concepts by the time I was done with the course. Then I started becoming less and less of a master on each topic as time went by and I started doing official questions and GMATClub tests.

For Verbal, I have an e-GMAT subscription (came with GMATClub tests) that will hopefully improve my SC score even further. For CR, I read the Powerscrore CR Bible in 2 days (yes, you read that right) and it got me to 40, but I want to read it again and practice the tricks. As for RC, I think luck had a lot to do with it but I'll be practicing this section more as well for my own peace of my mind.

Does this sound like a good plan? Any feedback welcome!
SVP
SVP
V
GMAT 1: 780 Q50 V51
GRE 1: Q170 V169
Re: 4th attempt scheduled for 1.5 months from now, is my strategy sound?  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 06 Sep 2018, 21:01
tuttifrutti453 wrote:
Hello Everyone,

Before I start, I wanted to thank the GMATClub community for being the best source of knowledge and motivation there is for anyone that has embarked on the crazy journey that is the GMAT. It's comforting to know that we're all in this together.

3 attempts:

I subscribed to Target Test Prep after my 2nd attempt and kept scoring 49+ in Quant on the GMATPrep Exams (new version.) No repeats. Taken at the library in exam-like conditions. For the 2nd attempt, I mismanaged my time and did not let go of questions I clearly should have let go of. Did GMATClub tests before 3rd attempts, got my scores that ranged from 29Q to 47Q which brought down my morale. Got 47Q on 3rd attempt which is better, but I did not feel confident when answering the questions (maybe the GMATPrep tests are too easy.)

For Quant, the plan is to go through the GMATClub Question Bank untimed, by topic, reviewing the explanations of questions I got right and wrong and bookmarking any noteworthy questions. Is that enough? I'm thinking about resubscribing to TTP because I remember really feeling like I had a good grasp of the concepts by the time I was done with the course. Then I started becoming less and less of a master on each topic as time went by and I started doing official questions and GMATClub tests.

For Verbal, I have an e-GMAT subscription (came with GMATClub tests) that will hopefully improve my SC score even further. For CR, I read the Powerscrore CR Bible in 2 days (yes, you read that right) and it got me to 40, but I want to read it again and practice the tricks. As for RC, I think luck had a lot to do with it but I'll be practicing this section more as well for my own peace of my mind.

The GMATPreps are not "too easy" :-) You should back yourself to do as well on the GMAT as you did on your GMATPreps.

1. I suggest you time yourself on all the questions you do. Take more time during review, but timed practice is very important.
2. It is a good idea to get high quality practice material if you need it.
3. There are no "tricks" in CR, and with a V40, you are well beyond the score ranges where shortcuts have even a chance of working.
4. It is always a good idea to practice all question types (to maintain skill levels, if nothing else).
5. You should get more GMATPreps if you haven't already taken all 6.

All the best for the next attempt!

Ascore Prep | Live Online

Intern
Intern
B
CAT Tests
Re: 4th attempt scheduled for 1.5 months from now, is my strategy sound?  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 07 Sep 2018, 13:18
AjiteshArun wrote:
tuttifrutti453 wrote:
Hello Everyone,

3 attempts:

The GMATPreps are not "too easy" :-) You should back yourself to do as well on the GMAT as you did on your GMATPreps.

1. I suggest you time yourself on all the questions you do. Take more time during review, but timed practice is very important.
2. It is a good idea to get high quality practice material if you need it.
3. There are no "tricks" in CR, and with a V40, you are well beyond the score ranges where shortcuts have even a chance of working.
4. It is always a good idea to practice all question types (to maintain skill levels, if nothing else).
5. You should get more GMATPreps if you haven't already taken all 6.

All the best for the next attempt!

Thanks for the feedback AjiteshArun! I'll do the GMATClub questions timed and take my time reviewing them then.

For CR, it used to be my weakness in Verbal, so the 40 I got in that section was welcome, although I don't know if it was a fluke at this point so I want to re-read the book. It can't hurt!

I did all 6 GMATPrep Tests and got 710-770. I'm really in the zone usually in Quant for those tests but maybe I got lucky with the questions I got. The questions on the actual test are similar but there's something about them that throws me off and I don't feel like I answer them as confidently.
Intern
Intern
B
CAT Tests

Show Tags

New post 07 Sep 2018, 22:11
Any other recommendations or general comments welcome!

Posted from my mobile device
GMAT Club Bot
Re: 4th attempt scheduled for 1.5 months from now, is my strategy sound? &nbs [#permalink] 07 Sep 2018, 22:11

4th attempt scheduled for 1.5 months from now, is my strategy sound?

new topic post reply Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  

Moderator: HKD1710

Copyright

GMAT Club MBA Forum Home| About| Terms and Conditions and Privacy Policy| GMAT Club Rules| Contact| Sitemap