GMAT Question of the Day - Daily to your Mailbox; hard ones only

It is currently 15 Aug 2018, 11:54

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Close

Request Expert Reply

Confirm Cancel

IMD MBA Admissions and Related Blogs!

new topic post reply Update application status  
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Exploring Prague  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 23 Jul 2018, 04:00
FROM IMD Admissions Blog: Exploring Prague
Enjoying beautiful sunsets and the city of Prague!

Suyun

ImageImageImage
ForumBlogs - GMAT Club’s latest feature blends timely Blog entries with forum discussions. Now GMAT Club Forums incorporate all relevant information from Student, Admissions blogs, Twitter, and other sources in one place. You no longer have to check and follow dozens of blogs, just subscribe to the relevant topics and forums on GMAT club or follow the posters and you will get email notifications when something new is posted. Add your blog to the list! and be featured to over 300,000 unique monthly visitors
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Making the most of the last week of vacation!  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 24 Jul 2018, 05:00
FROM IMD Admissions Blog: Making the most of the last week of vacation!

Cabo de São Vicente – Sagres, Portugal. “Connecting to my cultural origins amid the intense self-discovery process enabled by the IMD MBA program — Andre

Greetings from Helsinki! — Sakshi

#rendezvous in Paris#eurotripcontinues# — Ashish
ForumBlogs - GMAT Club’s latest feature blends timely Blog entries with forum discussions. Now GMAT Club Forums incorporate all relevant information from Student, Admissions blogs, Twitter, and other sources in one place. You no longer have to check and follow dozens of blogs, just subscribe to the relevant topics and forums on GMAT club or follow the posters and you will get email notifications when something new is posted. Add your blog to the list! and be featured to over 300,000 unique monthly visitors
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Majorca beach time  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 25 Jul 2018, 03:00
FROM IMD Admissions Blog: Majorca beach time
”Beach-hopping in a convertible, we found freedom in sunny Majorca.”

Veronika and Neharika

Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Sara – Reaching for the stars while remaining firmly anchored  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 27 Jul 2018, 02:00
FROM IMD Admissions Blog: Sara – Reaching for the stars while remaining firmly anchored
With the start of the second half of the program just around the corner, our participants begin again to share their profiles and offer a glimpse into why they joined IMD and what they’re getting out of the program. Here Sara shares a bit about herself and her learnings so far…

Today is a windy day on Hyères Peninsula (South East of France). I came here to enjoy a week kitersufing and take a real break from one of the most intense and exciting years of my life.

The Mediterranean oak and pine forests, the relaxing sound of waves, the singing cicadas and the orange blossom give me the illusion of being in my two countries at the same time. I couldn’t find a better place to recharge my batteries after the first half of IMD.

My name is Sara, I am French and Moroccan, I am an aerospace engineer by training, and a sports lover.

I grew up in Meknès, close to the Middle Atlas Mountains of Morocco.

I had the chance to grow up in a family of explorers who put me on a pair of skis at 5, and encouraged me to travel around the world and try exciting activities like paragliding quite early.

As I grew up, I focused on tennis, which I played at national level. Tennis is a great sport that teaches you how to combine resilience and self-discipline with strategic thinking to harvest your potential, manage your energy levels and optimize your progress at every scale (a point, a set, a match, a competition, a season…).

My open mind and passion for exploration also shaped my education: I wanted to know all about mathematics, physics and flight mechanics. After receiving my degree in aerospace engineering in France, I joined Airbus where I explored various functions and roles that involved both technical and leadership responsibilities. My greatest challenge was to deal with the inertia and resistance to change of a Blue Chip company and maintain my drive to move traditional lines and accelerate innovation.

As I grew in the company, I realized that I was not a typical engineer. I wanted to become familiar with everything that drives a business, be it technical, political, financial, personal…I felt I was missing a part of the puzzle that would enable me to fully explore my potential and become a better self and a better leader. This brought me to IMD.

IMD is a perfect combination for me. In addition to being a well-rounded curriculum that covers business fundamentals as well as recent trends in digitalization and social responsibility, IMD offers a unique leadership stream and a safe environment where we can try, test, fail and improve in an accelerated manner. As for the people, I am delighted by the faculty and class diversity, my classmates’ benevolence and their level of intellectual and human stimulation. As many alumni say, I believe that the great friendships I am making here will last forever.

Most importantly, I feel much more grounded than I was before entering IMD. The leadership sessions, the group dynamics, the feedback and, in general, the intensity of the program teach me how to better connect to my inner self while remaining open to the outside world.

A pragmatic dreamer, driven by ideals of progress, respect and wellbeing, I am building on my intuition, my cartesian character and my courage to make things happen.

I believe that my experience at IMD is providing me with the toolkit I need to keep building my way towards making a meaningful impact in society that resonates with who I am and where I come from.

Sara

Linkedin
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Nowhere like home to relax and recharge…  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 29 Jul 2018, 08:00
FROM IMD Admissions Blog: Nowhere like home to relax and recharge…
….especially when home looks like this!

Enjoying the sunset at the beach in Mauritius

Its not the beaches that are awesome in Mauritius…. the landscape and greenery are pretty breathtaking too Image

Raj Ramful

LinkedIn
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Who were we, what have we become?  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 30 Jul 2018, 01:00
FROM IMD Admissions Blog: Who were we, what have we become?
The second half of the program starts today, and Shubham shares some of his insights and expectations.

A lot of my classmates have looked back on our journey of the last 6 months and described what being at IMD has been like. What I find amazing, is that while the individual nitty-gritty of our journeys might have been different, all of us have been through the same roller coaster of emotions, failures, awe-inspiring moments, heartaches and joys.

In the process, I believe, I have become a different person, we have become different people!

Back in December, I thought conquering the world was merely 12 months away. I knew my life would change but only on the outside, on paper, with a fancy MBA degree – enough to earn me a lot of respect for my freshly acquired applicable skills. In the bigger scheme of things, before the start I expected this year to provide a sort of instant gratification and perhaps ammunition to carry on with life afterwards. At the start, I was convinced that I had it pretty much figured out!

Among the innumerable things I have learnt thus far, the IMD MBA has grounded me. I no longer view this year as an end, rather the means to an end. I have grown more and more attached to the journey of perpetual learning and realized that the MBA is not the silver bullet. It has made me aware of not only the hard-outside realities but more importantly, the complexities within. The meticulously designed coursework has opened my mind towards the joy of learning which encourages me to attempt to untangle and continue making sense of the world around me. It has helped evolve my imagination and while I did manage to learn a fair bit, the experience has made me a lot more curious than before.

The summer break has given us the opportunity to step out and back into our own worlds, which has helped me personally to gain additional perspective. The conversations I have these days have moved from whats and hows to a whole bunch of whys! While I have started viewing my surroundings with a different lens, I, having cleared what earlier blocked my vision, have managed to get a clearer view of my own self.

3 weeks of vacation are gone, less than 1 remains. The next few months will be intense. I have already assured myself of what is to come – which is more of what we have already been thorough – the roller coaster of emotions, failures, awe-inspiring moments, heartaches and joys. The part that excites me most though, is that all of that will unfold in completely different contexts and unique circumstances which I am intently looking forward to.

Irrespective of what transpires next, I will emerge wiser from the IMD MBA experience.

Shubham Jain

Linkedin

Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Veronika lives life on the edge  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 07 Aug 2018, 01:00
FROM IMD Admissions Blog: Veronika lives life on the edge
“I want to stay as close to the edge as I can without going over. Out on the edge you see all kinds of things you can’t see from the center.” (Kurt Vonnegut)

Typecasting millennials as fidgety adventure-seekers has become burrowed into our collective consciousness to such an extent that we barely pause to think about it anymore. But we should, to leave space for personal journeys, cultural influencers, family histories that make the generational generalities so individually unique still.

I am Veronika, the 32-year-old daughter of an artist mother and an engineer father, who themselves grew up in a different world, the Hungary of the Eastern Bloc – a country nicknamed ‘the happiest barrack’ where nonetheless travel was curtailed, and pursuing a life abroad was a thing of dreams (or a thing of carefully executed all-or-nothing, one-shot criminal offences).

I, on the other hand, grew up in a Hungary where the Berlin Wall was but a memory, sweets from the West were available even in my tiny local village corner store (so much so that ‘Fanta cheesecake’ become a well-loved family recipe), and the sorcery of Schengen not only entitled me to ­leave the country, but allowed me to study and work in London, build a career in Belgium, and start exploring the world in a way my parents never could.

With the desire to explore, comes a hunger to understand, to dissect, to synthesize and to story-tell. These are strokes that followed me through my studies in Science & Technology, my work as Policy Officer of a space science research infrastructure, managerial functions held in Sales, IT and Business Processes at an Industrial Manufacturing company, and eventually my MBA at IMD.

Throughout my career, I’d seen a lot of what a company does on a day-to-day basis across all functional areas; I wanted to learn more about why a company does what it does, filling in the missing strategic pieces of the puzzle.

Halfway into the course I can already say I definitely found what I was looking for. I have been introduced to new perspectives, practices, and possibilities. I have travelled around the world on a Discovery Expedition, and have had the world brought to me daily by amazingly international classmates. Through lectures, team projects, and learnings from my IMD family, every day I feel more and more equipped to keep pushing boundaries – to keep as close to the edge as I can.

Veronika

Linkedin
Veronika lives life on the edge &nbs [#permalink] 07 Aug 2018, 01:00

Go to page   Previous    1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   [ 187 posts ] 

IMD MBA Admissions and Related Blogs!

new topic post reply Update application status  

Events & Promotions

PREV
NEXT

GMAT Club MBA Forum Home| About| Terms and Conditions and Privacy Policy| GMAT Club Rules| Contact| Sitemap