GMAT Question of the Day - Daily to your Mailbox; hard ones only

It is currently 13 Nov 2018, 08:09

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Close

Request Expert Reply

Confirm Cancel
Events & Promotions in November
PrevNext
SuMoTuWeThFrSa
28293031123
45678910
11121314151617
18192021222324
2526272829301
Open Detailed Calendar
  • Essential GMAT Time-Management Hacks

     November 14, 2018

     November 14, 2018

     07:00 PM PST

     08:00 PM PST

    Join the webinar and learn time-management tactics that will guarantee you answer all questions, in all sections, on time. Save your spot today! Nov. 14th at 7 PM PST
  • $450 Tuition Credit & Official CAT Packs FREE

     November 15, 2018

     November 15, 2018

     10:00 PM MST

     11:00 PM MST

    EMPOWERgmat is giving away the complete Official GMAT Exam Pack collection worth $100 with the 3 Month Pack ($299)

550 to 650

  new topic post reply Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
Author Message
Manager
Manager
avatar
B
Joined: 20 Jun 2018
Posts: 61
Location: India
CAT Tests
550 to 650  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 02 Nov 2018, 21:02
1
I'd say that I'm in the 550 range right now, however, I want to score 650 on the GMAT. Have completed the OG along with the separate books for Verbal and Quant, please suggest FREE or maybe FREE TRIAL resources that would help me achieve that score of 650, I sit for my exam next month i.e December so please suggest accordingly.
_________________

PLEASE GIVE KUDOS IF YOU WERE ABLE TO SOLVE THE QUESTION. THANK YOU.

General GMAT Forum Moderator
avatar
V
Joined: 29 Jan 2015
Posts: 1001
Location: India
WE: General Management (Non-Profit and Government)
GMAT ToolKit User Reviews Badge CAT Tests
Re: 550 to 650  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 02 Nov 2018, 23:51
1
Shbm wrote:
I'd say that I'm in the 550 range right now, however, I want to score 650 on the GMAT. Have completed the OG along with the separate books for Verbal and Quant, please suggest FREE or maybe FREE TRIAL resources that would help me achieve that score of 650, I sit for my exam next month i.e December so please suggest accordingly.


Hi Shbm,

You try out free access to EmpowerGMAT, Magoosh and E-gmat and TTP as they have great reviews on GMATCLUB. Also I would recommend that you visit this link https://gmatclub.com/marketplace/free-stuff?fl=menu. I am sure you will find it helpful.

Further I would also highly recommend that you watch Ron Purewal's videos. They are the best free resources available for GMAT. You can find them here. https://gmatclub.com/forum/manhattan-s- ... 23612.html.

Hope this helps. All the best!
_________________

If you liked my post, kindly give me a Kudos. Thanks.

VP
VP
User avatar
G
Joined: 27 Mar 2010
Posts: 1019
Location: Bangalore, India
Re: 550 to 650  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 03 Nov 2018, 21:23
Hi! What have your sectional splits been and which areas do you consider your areas of weakness?
_________________

Thanks,
Ashish
EducationAisle, Bangalore

Sentence Correction Nirvana available on Amazon.in and Flipkart

Now! Preview the entire Grammar Section of Sentence Correction Nirvana at pothi.com

Manager
Manager
avatar
B
Joined: 20 Jun 2018
Posts: 61
Location: India
CAT Tests
Re: 550 to 650  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 03 Nov 2018, 21:26
EducationAisle wrote:
Hi! What have your sectional splits been and which areas do you consider your areas of weakness?



I'll say my weak areas are probability, combinations & everything related to geometry. Can you help? Don't have any sectional spilts at hand right now.
_________________

PLEASE GIVE KUDOS IF YOU WERE ABLE TO SOLVE THE QUESTION. THANK YOU.

Target Test Prep Representative
User avatar
P
Status: Founder & CEO
Affiliations: Target Test Prep
Joined: 14 Oct 2015
Posts: 4155
Location: United States (CA)
Re: 550 to 650  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 06 Nov 2018, 19:17
Hi Shbm,

As rohan2345 mentioned, you could use the TTP course for 5 days, as we do offer a free trial through GMAT Club. That being said, since your current score is 550, it’s clear that you lack the GMAT quant and verbal fundamentals necessary for a high score, right? Thus, rather than bouncing around between free trials, you should consider using a paid course, so you can follow a linear and structured study plan, spending the time you need to improve your skills.

If you’d like some specific advice on how to improve your verbal and quant skills, feel free to reach back out, and I’d be happy to help. Also, you may find it helpful to read this article about how to score a 700+ on the GMAT.

Good luck!
_________________

Scott Woodbury-Stewart
Founder and CEO

GMAT Quant Self-Study Course
500+ lessons 3000+ practice problems 800+ HD solutions

Manager
Manager
avatar
B
Joined: 20 Jun 2018
Posts: 61
Location: India
CAT Tests
Re: 550 to 650  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 06 Nov 2018, 19:57
ScottTargetTestPrep wrote:
Hi Shbm,

As rohan2345 mentioned, you could use the TTP course for 5 days, as we do offer a free trial through GMAT Club. That being said, since your current score is 550, it’s clear that you lack the GMAT quant and verbal fundamentals necessary for a high score, right? Thus, rather than bouncing around between free trials, you should consider using a paid course, so you can follow a linear and structured study plan, spending the time you need to improve your skills.

If you’d like some specific advice on how to improve your verbal and quant skills, feel free to reach back out, and I’d be happy to help. Also, you may find it helpful to read this article about how to score a 700+ on the GMAT.

Good luck!


I completely understand your point but I'm very short on time and hence won't be able to do justice to the paid course so it seems better right now to juggle between free stuff. How good/bad are the GMAT Club tests? I got a free month's trial for that.
_________________

PLEASE GIVE KUDOS IF YOU WERE ABLE TO SOLVE THE QUESTION. THANK YOU.

Intern
Intern
User avatar
B
Joined: 16 Mar 2017
Posts: 28
Location: France
Concentration: Marketing, Strategy
GMAT 1: 640 Q38 V40
GMAT 2: 710 Q47 V41
WE: Marketing (Retail)
CAT Tests
Re: 550 to 650  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 07 Nov 2018, 04:27
Shbm wrote:
ScottTargetTestPrep wrote:
Hi Shbm,

As rohan2345 mentioned, you could use the TTP course for 5 days, as we do offer a free trial through GMAT Club. That being said, since your current score is 550, it’s clear that you lack the GMAT quant and verbal fundamentals necessary for a high score, right? Thus, rather than bouncing around between free trials, you should consider using a paid course, so you can follow a linear and structured study plan, spending the time you need to improve your skills.

If you’d like some specific advice on how to improve your verbal and quant skills, feel free to reach back out, and I’d be happy to help. Also, you may find it helpful to read this article about how to score a 700+ on the GMAT.

Good luck!


I completely understand your point but I'm very short on time and hence won't be able to do justice to the paid course so it seems better right now to juggle between free stuff. How good/bad are the GMAT Club tests? I got a free month's trial for that.


Hi, you will find in my below post under the chapter the "rebound" all free material you need here present on this forum, and a proposition of study plan. Don't hesitate to PM me. Cheers
https://gmatclub.com/forum/how-gmatclub ... l#p2166575
_________________

710 "en image": how one overcame its difficulties in Quant (Q38 toQ47)

Target Test Prep Representative
User avatar
P
Status: Founder & CEO
Affiliations: Target Test Prep
Joined: 14 Oct 2015
Posts: 4155
Location: United States (CA)
Re: 550 to 650  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 08 Nov 2018, 18:55
Out of curiosity, if you don’t achieve a 650 in one month, will you still apply or will you continue studying and apply to school at a later date?
_________________

Scott Woodbury-Stewart
Founder and CEO

GMAT Quant Self-Study Course
500+ lessons 3000+ practice problems 800+ HD solutions

Manager
Manager
avatar
B
Joined: 20 Jun 2018
Posts: 61
Location: India
CAT Tests
Re: 550 to 650  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 08 Nov 2018, 19:04
ScottTargetTestPrep wrote:
Out of curiosity, if you don’t achieve a 650 in one month, will you still apply or will you continue studying and apply to school at a later date?



I'd study and apply for the 2020 intake. I'm already a bit late in applying as it is, so a lesser score would be feasible only when I would have applied in the 1st round itself since I'd get a lot more to compete on apart from my GMAT score. I'm sure that most schools have a good number of candidates by now that they'd rather choose.

Are GMAT clubs worthy enough? I just got a month's free subscription and have been doing just them for the past week or so and they seem to be alright for now.
_________________

PLEASE GIVE KUDOS IF YOU WERE ABLE TO SOLVE THE QUESTION. THANK YOU.

GMAT Club Bot
Re: 550 to 650 &nbs [#permalink] 08 Nov 2018, 19:04
Display posts from previous: Sort by

550 to 650

  new topic post reply Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  

Moderator: HKD1710



Copyright

GMAT Club MBA Forum Home| About| Terms and Conditions and Privacy Policy| GMAT Club Rules| Contact| Sitemap

Powered by phpBB © phpBB Group | Emoji artwork provided by EmojiOne

Kindly note that the GMAT® test is a registered trademark of the Graduate Management Admission Council®, and this site has neither been reviewed nor endorsed by GMAC®.