GMAT Question of the Day - Daily to your Mailbox; hard ones only

It is currently 22 Jul 2018, 05:56

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Close

Request Expert Reply

Confirm Cancel

Lampard appeared for an examination that had only two categories of

  new topic post reply Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
Author Message
TAGS:

Hide Tags

Manager
Manager
User avatar
G
Joined: 15 Dec 2015
Posts: 120
GMAT 1: 660 Q46 V35
GPA: 4
WE: Information Technology (Computer Software)
Lampard appeared for an examination that had only two categories of  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post Updated on: 30 Jul 2017, 20:22
5
00:00
A
B
C
D
E

Difficulty:

  45% (medium)

Question Stats:

67% (01:59) correct 33% (02:40) wrong based on 54 sessions

HideShow timer Statistics

Lampard appeared for an examination that had only two categories of difficulty levels, category A that had all difficult questions and category B that had all moderate difficulty level questions.60% of the total questions in the paper were multiple choice and rests were subjective whereas only 30% of all questions were subjective questions in category B.If Lampard answered to the category B questions only, what percentage of the subjective questions were not answered by Lampard?

A. 20%
B. 25%
C. 30%
D. 40%
E. 42 %

Originally posted by DHAR on 30 Jul 2017, 08:50.
Last edited by DHAR on 30 Jul 2017, 20:22, edited 2 times in total.
Expert Post
Math Expert
User avatar
V
Joined: 02 Aug 2009
Posts: 6277
Re: Lampard appeared for an examination that had only two categories of  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 30 Jul 2017, 10:31
DH99 wrote:
Lampard appeared for an examination that had only two categories of difficulty levels, category A that had all difficult questions and category B that had all moderate difficulty level questions.60% of the total questions in the paper were multiple choice and rests were subjective whereas only 30% of all questions were subjective questions in category B.If Lampard answered to the category B questions only, what percentage of the subjective questions were not answered by Lampard?

A. 20%
B. 25%
C. 30%
D. 40%
E. 42 %



Hi...

the Q is all about understanding it well..
Two cases- difficult and moderate..
60% of T are multiple type so remaining 40% are subjective..
30% of T are subjective in B, so L missed out answering 10% of T, which were subjective and were in A..
so percentage of the subjective questions were not answered by Lampard = ( 10% of T/40% of T ) * 100 = \(\frac{1}{4}*100=25%\)
B
_________________

1) Absolute modulus : http://gmatclub.com/forum/absolute-modulus-a-better-understanding-210849.html#p1622372
2)Combination of similar and dissimilar things : http://gmatclub.com/forum/topic215915.html
3) effects of arithmetic operations : https://gmatclub.com/forum/effects-of-arithmetic-operations-on-fractions-269413.html


GMAT online Tutor

Expert Post
Math Expert
User avatar
V
Joined: 02 Sep 2009
Posts: 47168
Re: Lampard appeared for an examination that had only two categories of  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 30 Jul 2017, 11:15
DH99 wrote:
Lampard appeared for an examination that had only two categories of difficulty levels, category A that had all difficult questions and category B that had all moderate difficulty level questions.60% of the total questions in the paper were multiple choice and rests were subjective whereas only 30% of all questions were subjective questions in category B.If Lampard answered to the category B questions only, what percentage of the subjective questions were not answered by Lampard?

A. 20%
B. 25%
C. 30%
D. 40%
E. 42 %


Please name topics properly. Read rule 3 in our RULES OF POSTING. Thank you.
_________________

New to the Math Forum?
Please read this: Ultimate GMAT Quantitative Megathread | All You Need for Quant | PLEASE READ AND FOLLOW: 12 Rules for Posting!!!

Resources:
GMAT Math Book | Triangles | Polygons | Coordinate Geometry | Factorials | Circles | Number Theory | Remainders; 8. Overlapping Sets | PDF of Math Book; 10. Remainders | GMAT Prep Software Analysis | SEVEN SAMURAI OF 2012 (BEST DISCUSSIONS) | Tricky questions from previous years.

Collection of Questions:
PS: 1. Tough and Tricky questions; 2. Hard questions; 3. Hard questions part 2; 4. Standard deviation; 5. Tough Problem Solving Questions With Solutions; 6. Probability and Combinations Questions With Solutions; 7 Tough and tricky exponents and roots questions; 8 12 Easy Pieces (or not?); 9 Bakers' Dozen; 10 Algebra set. ,11 Mixed Questions, 12 Fresh Meat

DS: 1. DS tough questions; 2. DS tough questions part 2; 3. DS tough questions part 3; 4. DS Standard deviation; 5. Inequalities; 6. 700+ GMAT Data Sufficiency Questions With Explanations; 7 Tough and tricky exponents and roots questions; 8 The Discreet Charm of the DS; 9 Devil's Dozen!!!; 10 Number Properties set., 11 New DS set.


What are GMAT Club Tests?
Extra-hard Quant Tests with Brilliant Analytics

Manager
Manager
avatar
B
Joined: 07 Jun 2017
Posts: 103
Re: Lampard appeared for an examination that had only two categories of  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 31 Jul 2017, 18:44
chetan2u wrote:
DH99 wrote:
Lampard appeared for an examination that had only two categories of difficulty levels, category A that had all difficult questions and category B that had all moderate difficulty level questions.60% of the total questions in the paper were multiple choice and rests were subjective whereas only 30% of all questions were subjective questions in category B.If Lampard answered to the category B questions only, what percentage of the subjective questions were not answered by Lampard?

A. 20%
B. 25%
C. 30%
D. 40%
E. 42 %



Hi...

the Q is all about understanding it well..
Two cases- difficult and moderate..
60% of T are multiple type so remaining 40% are subjective..
30% of T are subjective in B, so L missed out answering 10% of T, which were subjective and were in A..
so percentage of the subjective questions were not answered by Lampard = ( 10% of T/40% of T ) * 100 = \(\frac{1}{4}*100=25%\)
B


Dear,
Which part of the question mentioned L missed out answering 10% of T?
Thank you so much
Expert Post
Math Expert
User avatar
V
Joined: 02 Aug 2009
Posts: 6277
Re: Lampard appeared for an examination that had only two categories of  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 31 Jul 2017, 18:52
pclawong wrote:
chetan2u wrote:
DH99 wrote:
Lampard appeared for an examination that had only two categories of difficulty levels, category A that had all difficult questions and category B that had all moderate difficulty level questions.60% of the total questions in the paper were multiple choice and rests were subjective whereas only 30% of all questions were subjective questions in category B.If Lampard answered to the category B questions only, what percentage of the subjective questions were not answered by Lampard?

A. 20%
B. 25%
C. 30%
D. 40%
E. 42 %



Hi...

the Q is all about understanding it well..
Two cases- difficult and moderate..
60% of T are multiple type so remaining 40% are subjective..
30% of T are subjective in B, so L missed out answering 10% of T, which were subjective and were in A..
so percentage of the subjective questions were not answered by Lampard = ( 10% of T/40% of T ) * 100 = \(\frac{1}{4}*100=25%\)
B


Dear,
Which part of the question mentioned L missed out answering 10% of T?
Thank you so much


hi..

say category A has A Q and Category B has B q..
so A+B =t, that is total..
we are looking at subjective only..
now subjective is in category A and B both..
category B has 40% of (A+B)or 40% of T..

Quote:
only 30% of all questions were subjective questions in category B

this means he answered these 30% of T..

what subjective he didnot answer 40%of T - 30% of T= 10% of T..

total subjective were 40% of T and he did not answer 10% of T ..
so 10/40=25%
_________________

1) Absolute modulus : http://gmatclub.com/forum/absolute-modulus-a-better-understanding-210849.html#p1622372
2)Combination of similar and dissimilar things : http://gmatclub.com/forum/topic215915.html
3) effects of arithmetic operations : https://gmatclub.com/forum/effects-of-arithmetic-operations-on-fractions-269413.html


GMAT online Tutor

Intern
Intern
User avatar
B
Joined: 09 Dec 2014
Posts: 37
Re: Lampard appeared for an examination that had only two categories of  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 31 Jul 2017, 23:01
DH99 wrote:
Lampard appeared for an examination that had only two categories of difficulty levels, category A that had all difficult questions and category B that had all moderate difficulty level questions.60% of the total questions in the paper were multiple choice and rests were subjective whereas only 30% of all questions were subjective questions in category B.If Lampard answered to the category B questions only, what percentage of the subjective questions were not answered by Lampard?

A. 20%
B. 25%
C. 30%
D. 40%
E. 42 %


Let the total number of questions in the exam be 100.
# of multiple choice questions= 60
# of subjective questions= 40 ("rests were subjective")
Out of 40 subjective questions, 30 are Subjective-B and 10 are Subjective-A. ("30% of all questions were subjective questions in category B": 30% of 100 questions)
Lampard answered all category B questions --> He answered 30 of the subjective questions and did not answer 10 of the subjective questions.
We have to find 10 is what percent of 40.
40*(x/100)=10 ==> x=25
Answer: B
_________________

Thanks,
Ramya

Re: Lampard appeared for an examination that had only two categories of &nbs [#permalink] 31 Jul 2017, 23:01
Display posts from previous: Sort by

Lampard appeared for an examination that had only two categories of

  new topic post reply Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  

Events & Promotions

PREV
NEXT


GMAT Club MBA Forum Home| About| Terms and Conditions and Privacy Policy| GMAT Club Rules| Contact| Sitemap

Powered by phpBB © phpBB Group | Emoji artwork provided by EmojiOne

Kindly note that the GMAT® test is a registered trademark of the Graduate Management Admission Council®, and this site has neither been reviewed nor endorsed by GMAC®.