It is currently 23 Nov 2017, 04:49

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Close

Request Expert Reply

Confirm Cancel

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

700 Q48 V38 IR5. Retake in a month?

new topic post reply Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
TAGS:

Hide Tags

Intern
Intern
B

Kudos [?]: 9 [0], given: 5

700 Q48 V38 IR5. Retake in a month? [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 03 Nov 2017, 08:53
Took the GMAT today.

Economist Practice test: 700
Gmat Prep practice test 1: 700
Veritas Prep free practice test: 690
Gmat Prep practice test 2: 770 (took this a day before the exam)

Can I make sufficient progress in a month? Aiming for 740-750 at least. But now that I've run out of mock tests, how do I track my progress over the next one month? Also, I always seem to get a question wrong in the first 10 questions of any section. Any suggestions to overcome this? It has happened with me in every practice test so far.

Another question: If my score dips on my second attempt, what do I do?

Kudos [?]: 9 [0], given: 5

Veritas Prep GMAT Discount CodesEconomist GMAT Tutor Discount Codese-GMAT Discount Codes
D

Kudos [?]: 466 [0], given: 113

Concentration: General Management, Technology
GMAT 1: 540 Q45 V20
GPA: 2.49
WE: Information Technology (Computer Software)
Premium Member CAT Tests
Re: 700 Q48 V38 IR5. Retake in a month? [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 03 Nov 2017, 10:17
dejavu619 wrote:
Took the GMAT today.

Economist Practice test: 700
Gmat Prep practice test 1: 700
Veritas Prep free practice test: 690
Gmat Prep practice test 2: 770 (took this a day before the exam)

Hi dejavu619,

First of all Congrats on getting a 700 :)

Quote:
But now that I've run out of mock tests

You can buy following official CATs:
Exam Pack-1 (CAT-2 & 3)
Exam Pack-1 (CAT-4 & 5)
Question Pack - 404 questions of easy, medium & Hard Difficulty level. You can choose a mix of questions to make a set of 37/41 questions and take as a CAT. It is just that it will not give you score. But brilliant for practice and learning. Here is the link to learn more about it:
https://gmatclub.com/forum/experts-topi ... 44293.html

So in total - 8 official CATs.

Apart from this you can buy MGMAT CATs - 6 CATs.

GMATClub tests - Here is the question bank size. Take as Quizzes or CATs.
Quant:1,298
Verbal:496
Total:1,794

Quote:
Another question: If my score dips on my second attempt, what do I do?

You can just cancel that score. It will be counted as one of the 8 lifetime allowed GMAT attempts but none will see the score or know that you had that attempt except you.
So you get 2 minutes to decide to accept or cancel the score the moment score pops up on screen. you can also cancel your GMAT score online within 72 hours of your scheduled exam time for a $25 fee
that cancelled score can also be reinstate with a fee of $50 later (but before 4years 11months :D )

Quote:
I always seem to get a question wrong in the first 10 questions of any section

If you are not getting high accuracy in first 10 then questions that you face later will not be of high difficulty. if you get 86% or 100% accuracy in next set of questions then difficulty will increase else not.
first 10 questions are generally of MEDIUM difficuly level BUT sometime algorithm starts with high difficulty level questions and if you get them right and get high accuracy in the first 10 questions then its a favor to you. why? because the questions in next set will be tough ones and getting few of them wrong will not be a big penalty to your score.

Mostly we panic to and want to get every question in first 10 questions right. Just keep in mind if you get one question wrong then also it is fine. Also there are 2 experimental questions in first set so you might get lucky. Overall be confident and let go a question if its troubling you and eating your precious time.

Your official CATs will help you understand more about this issue. you can rely on them. so plan those exam packs well :)

If you can get to Q49/50 and V40/42 then you're done. So you definitely need more work in verbal than Quant. But always remember a Q50/51 really helps at this point :)

Looking at your CAT (770 - if that was not a repeat) and current GMAT score (700 - good one), it seems that you can get there but let the official CATs tell you that.

Please write if you have any followup question :)

---------------------------------------------------------------
Target - 720-740
http://gmatclub.com/forum/information-on-new-gmat-esr-report-beta-221111.html
http://gmatclub.com/forum/list-of-one-year-full-time-mba-programs-222103.html

Kudos [?]: 466 [0], given: 113

Re: 700 Q48 V38 IR5. Retake in a month?   [#permalink] 03 Nov 2017, 10:17

700 Q48 V38 IR5. Retake in a month?

new topic post reply Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  

Moderator: HKD1710

HOT DEALS FOR NOVEMBER
Economist GMAT - Free Free 1-week trial + Free Test
Kaplan Courses - Save $475 $225 Discount + $250 Bonus
Target Test Prep - $800 $50 Discount + $750 Bonus [GMAT Club
Tests and Premium MBA Bundle]
EMPOWERgmat - $99/mo GMAT Club tests included 2nd month
GMAT Club Tests - Free Included with every course purchase
of $149 or more - Full List is here

GMAT Club MBA Forum Home| About| Terms and Conditions| GMAT Club Rules| Contact| Sitemap