Last visit was: 22 Jul 2024, 22:11 It is currently 22 Jul 2024, 22:11
Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
SORT BY:
Date
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 101 [6]
Given Kudos: 217
Debrief: https://gmatclub.com/forum/740-v40-q50-second-attempt-self-preparation-375379.html
Concentration: Technology, Strategy
GMAT 1: 720 Q49 V39
GMAT 2: 740 Q50 V40
WE:Engineering (Computer Hardware)
Send PM
Volunteer Expert
Own Kudos [?]: 6982 [2]
Given Kudos: 500
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 101 [1]
Given Kudos: 217
Debrief: https://gmatclub.com/forum/740-v40-q50-second-attempt-self-preparation-375379.html
Concentration: Technology, Strategy
GMAT 1: 720 Q49 V39
GMAT 2: 740 Q50 V40
WE:Engineering (Computer Hardware)
Send PM
Volunteer Expert
Own Kudos [?]: 6982 [1]
Given Kudos: 500
Re: 720 (V39/Q49) - First attempt [#permalink]
Kudos
Expert Reply
sting8 wrote:
Thanks for your insights AndrewN .
I am thinking of a retake by the end of November.
For VA, I am planning to go through Ron's Videos and stick around the forums for daily dose of 5-10 questions.
For QA, I am planning for GMAT Club tests and rigorous practice for all the topics.
For mocks, it would be Veritas and GMATPrep. That's pretty much my plan. I am open to all kinds of suggestions.

Regarding the schools, I am interested in Ross, Anderson, Fuqua and McCombs. I am also considering Tepper, as per my current score.
I am not very keen on UNC (did not hear very nice stuff regarding their career office) and Foster(thinking that the program may be too much siloed)

It seems to me that you have chosen schools that fall in line with your exam scores. A retake might not be necessary, despite your demographic. That said, I am all about self-improvement, and if you feel motivated to earn a better score, then I say go for it. Your plan sounds good to me: not too many questions, but enough to keep yourself sharp and allow for growth.

I would recommend looking into the locations of the schools a little more to decide where you might want to live and attend classes. There is a huge difference between Michigan and Texas or California, especially in winter.

Good luck.

- Andrew
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
Own Kudos [?]: 64568 [1]
Given Kudos: 1823
GMAT 1: 780 Q51 V46
GMAT 2: 800 Q51 V51
GRE 1: Q170 V170

GRE 2: Q170 V170
Send PM
Re: 720 (V39/Q49) - First attempt [#permalink]
Kudos
Expert Reply
Congratulations on the awesome score, and thank you for the shout-outs! I'm glad that we could help a little bit.

I realize that this is a pretty small part of your (excellent!) debrief, but I love that you've made the transition from thinking about only three MBA programs (Harvard, Stanford, ISB) to thinking more broadly about the programs that will help you accomplish your goals. I'm a big fan of the schools you mentioned in your conversation with AndrewN (hi Andrew!), and if you can get in, those programs will take you to some good places in life. :)

Keep us posted on your progress with the retake and applications, and congratulations again!
Founder
Founder
Own Kudos [?]: 74253 [1]
Given Kudos: 20580
GMAT 1: 750 Q49 V42
GPA: 3
Send PM
720 (V39/Q49) - First attempt [#permalink]
Kudos
Expert Reply
sting8 wrote:
Thanks for your insights AndrewN .
I am thinking of a retake by the end of November.
For VA, I am planning to go through Ron's Videos and stick around the forums for daily dose of 5-10 questions.
For QA, I am planning for GMAT Club tests and rigorous practice for all the topics.
For mocks, it would be Veritas and GMATPrep. That's pretty much my plan. I am open to all kinds of suggestions.

Regarding the schools, I am interested in Ross, Anderson, Fuqua and McCombs. I am also considering Tepper, as per my current score.
I am not very keen on UNC (did not hear very nice stuff regarding their career office) and Foster(thinking that the program may be too much siloed)

Thanks for sharing your experience!
720 is very respectable and often the average for many top 10 programs, though I understand the need for the higher score for some of the applicants. Good luck in November and sorry you have to fight the battle one more time. Hopefully it will be more on your terms. :thumbsup:
GMAT Club Bot
720 (V39/Q49) - First attempt [#permalink]
Moderator:
Founder
37862 posts