Last visit was: 24 Apr 2024, 05:57 It is currently 24 Apr 2024, 05:57

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
Tags:
ESADEx   HEC Parisx   IEx   IESEx   INSEADx   LBSx   
Find Similar Topics  Add a Tag
Show Tags
Hide Tags
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: [0]
Given Kudos: 1
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 8 [0]
Given Kudos: 0
GMAT 1: 720 Q51 V49
GPA: 3.8
WE:Corporate Finance (Consulting)
Send PM
MBA Admissions Consultant
Own Kudos [?]: 494 [0]
Given Kudos: 3
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: [0]
Given Kudos: 1
Send PM
Re: 730/Australian Male/28 [#permalink]
CriticalSquareMBA wrote:
[I made an edit - sorry, I missed something]

Hi there,

Overall, you're in contention - so congrats! A lot of it will come down to the type of work you did both in management consulting as well as within insurance. Most of the programs you've listed value international experiences. You have this covered from an academic perspective through your undergrad and professionally through your work in the UK. In all honesty, international work experience, while important, may not matter as much in your case as your impact professionally. You'll also need impact to augment the fact that you don't have any outstanding extracurriculars (I assume by saying you don't have any stand out ones you mean you have some, just none that are either unique/exciting or can play into your story). This isn't the end of the world but you will be going against applicants who will have these types of experiences.

One side note - you may also need to address why you left consulting after just a year and a half. The optional essay would be perfect for this. It raised my eyebrow and it'll raise a couple within the adcom.

Overall, you definitely have the profile to be competitive at the programs you've listed - you'll just have to make sure you put forward a compelling story that helps you differentiate yourself and ensures you highlight your diverse experiences.

If you have any questions - please don't hesitate to ask!

Bhavik

Thanks very much Bhavik and Erina. From my point of view good to hear that it's certainly worth a shot.
I am aware that I need to be clear with regards to my reasons for pursuing the MBA and how this is in line with my career aspirations. At this though I am still formualting that to myself i.e. whether it will indeed increase my potential and help with opening up the doors that I want to be knocking at.
Thanks to both for your offers of further advice. I will indeed be in touch as I progress with my planning and thoughs!
MBA Admissions Consultant
Own Kudos [?]: 494 [0]
Given Kudos: 3
Send PM
Sounds great - introspection is definitely the right first step!

I look forward to chatting with you,

Bhavik
GMAT Club Bot
Moderator:
Admitted - Which School Forum Moderator
1131 posts