Last visit was: 24 Apr 2024, 22:16 It is currently 24 Apr 2024, 22:16

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
SORT BY:
Date
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 11 [0]
Given Kudos: 2
GMAT 1: 740 Q49 V41
Send PM
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 394 [1]
Given Kudos: 155
GMAT 1: 730 Q52 V37
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 1 [0]
Given Kudos: 1
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 71 [0]
Given Kudos: 22
Concentration: Technology, Marketing
GMAT 1: 760 Q50 V41
WE:Marketing (Internet and New Media)
Send PM
Re: 740 Debrief - Goof up on AWA [#permalink]
Hi there! Thanks for the great debrief and Congratulations on the awesome GMAT score! :-D
I think you'll be fine on the AWA.

I must say, reading your experience at the Bangalore testing center was a little scary for me as I'm planning to take the test there sometime next month. Test center factors are not really in our control and getting stuck with a crappy keyboard on GMAT day is really not something I'm looking forward to!

Just had a couple of questions for you:

1. Did you practise IR Questions from any particular source apart from OG 13?

2. Is the laminated "scratchpad" provided on exam day easy enough to write on or does it take some getting used to?
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 11 [0]
Given Kudos: 2
GMAT 1: 740 Q49 V41
Send PM
Quick Update - On the AWA, I ended up with a 5.0, so I guess I was worried for no reason :)

pareshcs wrote:
Hi,
congrats ....Please share how you improved your quant

Pareschs, like I described in my OP, I didn't do much other than the OG 13 material and 600-700 level quant questions from the forum. If you're fairly comfortable with the basics and just need some practice, these two sources are quite sufficient I think

vandanasathpathy wrote:
Hi there! Thanks for the great debrief and Congratulations on the awesome GMAT score! :-D
I think you'll be fine on the AWA.

I must say, reading your experience at the Bangalore testing center was a little scary for me as I'm planning to take the test there sometime next month. Test center factors are not really in our control and getting stuck with a crappy keyboard on GMAT day is really not something I'm looking forward to!

Just had a couple of questions for you:

1. Did you practise IR Questions from any particular source apart from OG 13?

2. Is the laminated "scratchpad" provided on exam day easy enough to write on or does it take some getting used to?

Vandana,
Sadly there isn't much you can do about the monitors... but if you can, avoid the second computer clockwise from left.. that's the one I was in. Maybe I was just unlucky with the keyboard.

1. Apart from the OG 13, the practice tests were the only IR questions I had worked with. Just practice whatever material you have available, and make sure you revisit your mistakes. IR is not at all hard on the exam.. just remember that an on-screen calculator is provided!
2. The scratchpad is real easy to use. It's just A4 sized (maybe slightly larger) spiral bound booklet... You'll get two black markers to write with - these have 0.5mm tips, not like the mega huge whiteboard markers.. it's like writing with a regular pen. And there is PLENTY of space, so don't waste time trying to optimize writing area, or erasing anything you've written... Prior to the Verbal section, during the break, don't forget to write down the ' a b c d e ' to eliminate options...
GMAT Club Bot
Moderator:
Founder
37301 posts