Last visit was: 23 Apr 2024, 15:16 It is currently 23 Apr 2024, 15:16

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
SORT BY:
Date
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 64 [6]
Given Kudos: 5
GMAT 1: 770 Q50 V44
GPA: 3.6
WE:Consulting (Consulting)
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 92 [0]
Given Kudos: 40
Concentration: General Management, Strategy
GMAT 1: 770 Q50 V47
GPA: 3.8
Send PM
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 350 [0]
Given Kudos: 26
Concentration: General Management, Strategy
GMAT 1: 670 Q48 V35
GPA: 3.5
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 64 [0]
Send PM
Re: 770 (Q50, V44) on my first attempt: debrief [#permalink]
gmatkoopa wrote:
Great score! Your experience from diagnostic to final score was very similar to mine.

I would highlight one thing though. Even though the AWA doesn't count for too much in the admissions process, practicing it is STILL IMPORTANT because having a good procedure for tackling those essays will go a long way to building confidence and having the right mindset for the latter sections.

That, and you want to practice the GMAT exactly as it is administered to train your endurance.

I totally agree with you on that. It does make a lot of difference to your morale. It was one of the reasons why I probably had a few tense days before my GMAT. And might also be the reason for not being able to sleep the night before - it was definitely a major concern. I think everyone should start practicing for AWA atleast a couple of weeks before your GMAT (and if you are not very confident about your writing skills then maybe even earlier).

What helped me out a bit on test day was my luck, as I got a topic for my Issue essay that was in a field I was majoring in(technology). Also, I was fairly confident about my argument essay. I think all the CR practice helped me with that.

I am still a little worried about my AWA. But I can do nothing but wait and keep my fingers crossed! :|
Manager
Manager
Send PM
akhileshgupta05 wrote:
You had a consistent Q51 on every test. That is really great! Why did you have a Q50 on the real thing then??

I think what did me in was my lack of sleep the night before. If you know the basics and can avoid committing silly mistakes, you should be able to score well in the quants section. I think it were silly mistakes that did me in, my concentration was definitely screwed by my tiredness. That is why the first thing I recommended in my post was to sleep well the night before! :wink:
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 1227 [0]
Given Kudos: 13
Send PM
Congrats! Maybe you want to look into Yale's Silver Scholars program. By the way, what was your initial Verbal score? It is a bit troublesome for me as well.
Manager
Manager
Send PM
Mahtab wrote:
Congrats! Maybe you want to look into Yale's Silver Scholars program. By the way, what was your initial Verbal score? It is a bit troublesome for me as well.

Thanks. My first verbal score was a 40. Was considering the Silver Scholar program. Right now too confused with all the options. Yale, HBS 2+2 and ISB YLP are the ones I think I have some chances in. Trying to identify a few more potential schools. Will apply to atleast 5-6 schools just to be on the safe side.
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 1227 [0]
Given Kudos: 13
Send PM
IESE also has a program targeting young applicants I believe and it supposedly has the best non-usa mba program.
GMAT Club Bot
Moderator:
Founder
37296 posts