GMAT Question of the Day - Daily to your Mailbox; hard ones only

It is currently 05 Dec 2019, 10:08

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Close

Request Expert Reply

Confirm Cancel

A new medical procedure replaces all three of the tiny bones in the in

new topic post reply Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
TAGS:

Hide Tags

Find Similar Topics 
VP
VP
P
GMAT 1: 700 Q49 V33
GPA: 3.64
GMAT ToolKit User
Re: A new medical procedure replaces all three of the tiny bones in the in  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 22 Sep 2017, 10:15
this is a common trap in gmat, there can be more than 2 causes for the problem, and the percentage or the number (amount) is not enough to tell about the causes.

Here, only A is the winner.
Manager
Manager
S
Concentration: Finance, Operations
GPA: 3.1
CAT Tests
Re: A new medical procedure replaces all three of the tiny bones in the in  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 03 Jan 2019, 11:15
My reasoning for choosing A, I was not a 100% sure, but A made the most sense.

In the prompt it says, procedure has been found to greatly improve hearing in people who have experienced damage to these bones, with that,

A - says "it is possible to hear without the use of the three tiny bones in the inner ear", which this is never not proven if something is improved it started from somewhere even if a low extreme.

B - Most hearing loss is due to neurological malfunctioning. - How do we know that are not other factors that cause hearing loss, besides damage to the three bones and neurological. Sure, neurological can be > than physical damage to the bones, but we do not know if it is the most.

C. More people have impaired hearing because of neurological damage than because of damage to the tiny bones of the inner ear. To me the same as B, cannot compare the numbers of the two, without knowing those are the only two possible ways to cause hearing loss

D. Hearing loss due to neurological damage is more severe than hearing loss due to damage to the tiny bones in the inner ear.Again, similar to B & C, we do not know or can conclude

E. The use of fiberglass cannot help people who have lost hearing due to neurological damage. Again, how do we not know that fiberglass is used in other applications
GMAT Club Bot
Re: A new medical procedure replaces all three of the tiny bones in the in   [#permalink] 03 Jan 2019, 11:15

Go to page   Previous    1   2   [ 22 posts ] 

A new medical procedure replaces all three of the tiny bones in the in

new topic post reply Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics