GMAT Question of the Day - Daily to your Mailbox; hard ones only

It is currently 22 Oct 2018, 07:46

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Close

Request Expert Reply

Confirm Cancel

About GMAT course at Kaplan

new topic post reply Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
Intern
Intern
GMAT ToolKit User
About GMAT course at Kaplan  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 26 Jun 2011, 10:54
I took GMAT for a second time and it was disaster. I got really really low on both parts (410 Quant 32 Verbal 15) I feel so bad about it and I really need some advice. While I was doing GMAT exam I felt like quant part is really difficult ,on the other hand, verbal part is not that difficult but I got really low on verbal part. This is my second time, I did hope that I would do it much better because I read more and practiced more but it disappointed me. For the first time, I got it worse than this 370 Quant.27(I'm not sure about it) Verbal 14. My verbal skill didn't improve at all! Fortunately, I have just known this website I bought some recommended books and I hope it would improve me this time. By the way, I'm planning to take GMAT for international students at Kaplan to keep my F-1 visa and improve my GMAT skills but I'm wondering whether it's good. For your information, I'm in Chicago. Have anyone ever taken GMAT for international students at Kaplan in Chicago?
Kaplan GMAT Prep Discount Codese-GMAT Discount CodesOptimus Prep Discount Codes
Manager
Manager
Concentration: General Management, Strategy
GMAT 1: 770 Q50 V47
GPA: 3.8
Re: About GMAT course at Kaplan  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 26 Jun 2011, 15:26
How have you been practicing? Did you take any full CATs (Computer-Adaptive Tests) before the exam?

My GMAT Experience: http://gmatclub.com/forum/gmat-debrief-770-q50-v47-115912.html

Founder
Founder
V
GMAT 1: 750 Q49 V42
GMAT ToolKit User CAT Tests

Show Tags

New post 26 Jun 2011, 15:29
Do you have a link to that class? How long is it/whats taught/etc?

Founder of GMAT Club

Just starting out with GMAT? Start here...
OG2019 Directory is here! - New!
Verbal OG2019 Directory is here! - New!
Quant OG2019 Directory is here! - New!

Co-author of the GMAT Club tests

Intern
Intern
GMAT ToolKit User

Show Tags

New post 26 Jun 2011, 15:38
gmatkoopa wrote:
How have you been practicing? Did you take any full CATs (Computer-Adaptive Tests) before the exam?

I took 2 times GMATprep CATs. I got 410 then 490. And another time I took Manhattan GMAT I'm not sure if it's CAT and I got 530.

Most of the time I was practicing OG problems and watching some videos from Youtube. Anyway, I feel like it's not enough for just those practices. I also did diagnosis test on Cram plan GMAT and I feel it's really easy and not accurate because I got about 600 on that diagnosis test.
Intern
Intern
GMAT ToolKit User

Show Tags

New post 26 Jun 2011, 15:41
bb wrote:
Do you have a link to that class? How long is it/whats taught/etc?

GMAT® for International Students

1st 6 weeks: 8 lessons of GMAT ® preparation and 20+ Structured Study sessions.
2nd 6 weeks: 30+ Structured Study sessions
and 1 hr teaching component

it's Kaplan international program and it takes 12 weeks
Founder
Founder
V
GMAT 1: 750 Q49 V42
GMAT ToolKit User CAT Tests

Show Tags

New post 26 Jun 2011, 15:57
I was not aware of this one!

Found it:

Quote:
Description

Program Facts

This program is ideal if:

Your final goal is to study for an MBA in the USA and you would like to get a high test score
You would like the best preparation for the admission test available!

Program length: 12 weeks

Program details:

During the first 6 weeks you receive:

8 lessons of GMAT preparation per week: These classes will focus in detail on each aspect of your chosen test using Kaplan International Colleges' exclusive course materials to help you achieve the best results possible.
20 sessions of Structured study (minimum) per week to supplement class work: These sessions include full-length computer-adaptive practice tests, workshops and quizzes

During the next 6 weeks you receive:

30 sessions of structured study (minimum) per week: These sessions are an integral part of your course. You will have access to our extensive library of study materials. Completing regular practice tests in our computer labs will also help build your test confidence.
1 hour teaching component

Minimum age: 16

Entry level requirements: TOEFL iBT 79

Start Dates 2010:

Northeastern University: On Request
Berkeley and Harvard Square - Feb 1; Apr 26; Jul 19; Oct 11
Boston and San Francisco - Jan 11; Apr 5; Jun 28; Sep 20
Chicago and Washington DC- Jan 4; Mar 1; Apr 26; Jun 21; Aug 16; Oct 11
Miami - Jan 4; Mar 29; Jun 21; Sept 13; Nov 15
New York East Village - Jan 11; Feb 22; Apr 5; May 17; June 28; Aug 9; Sep 20; Nov 1
Philadelphia - Feb 1; Mar 22; May 24; Jul 19; Sep 13; Nov 8
Portland, Sacramento and Seattle - Jan 11; Apr 5; Jun 28; Sept 20
Los Angeles, Westwood - Jan 11; Mar 8; Jun 1; Aug 23; Sep 20; Nov 15

Certificates

All Kaplan International Colleges GMAT students will be monitored regularly and progress will be recorded in an Individual Student File. The Individual Student File will show how each key English skill has developed and pinpoint the areas of language training which can be improved upon.

At the end of the GMAT course, students receive a Kaplan International Colleges Certificate of Achievement detailing the level of proficiency in English achieved. The certificate, together with your Individual Student File, documents your language achievements and can be presented to future employers or educational institutions as proof of your English ability.

Your ultimate reward will be the achievement of a good GMAT exam result and a place on the MBA programme you've been dreaming of!

Founder of GMAT Club

Just starting out with GMAT? Start here...
OG2019 Directory is here! - New!
Verbal OG2019 Directory is here! - New!
Quant OG2019 Directory is here! - New!

Co-author of the GMAT Club tests

Intern
Intern
GMAT ToolKit User

Show Tags

New post 26 Jun 2011, 16:09
Do you have any idea which GMAT program I should take? Since I still cannot attend MBA program in this Fall and I have to keep my F-1 status, I have to take some GMAT course.
Intern
Intern

Show Tags

New post 18 Apr 2018, 14:43
selling my GMAT Kaplan evening course for a discounted price if anyone interested. I can no longer do it. message me if intereseted
GMAT Club Bot
Re: About GMAT course at Kaplan &nbs [#permalink] 18 Apr 2018, 14:43

About GMAT course at Kaplan

new topic post reply Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  

Moderator: HKD1710

Copyright

GMAT Club MBA Forum Home| About| Terms and Conditions and Privacy Policy| GMAT Club Rules| Contact| Sitemap