It is currently 20 Oct 2017, 15:18

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Close

Request Expert Reply

Confirm Cancel

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

Admissions to Biz School for Entrepreneur

new topic post reply Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
TAGS:

Hide Tags

Intern
Intern

Kudos [?]: [0], given: 0

Admissions to Biz School for Entrepreneur [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 14 Jun 2009, 21:34
I am currently a sophomore at a Top 10 undergrad school and I have been increasingly thinking about business school out of undergrad. I started a web based venture last spring with a partner which grew pretty substantially (multiple full time employees and revenues in high 5 figures). I have since separated from the previous partner and started my own group which at present has 8+ employees and will be hitting 6 figures in annual revenues). The benefits of business school are popping up especially the need to expand my network as well as leadership/accounting/management training.

So I am wondering whether its worth it for me to apply to HBS or Stanford to go into biz school right out of undergrad? My GPA is not phenomenal(its going to sit in the 3.2-3.3 range by fall of senior year) but I expect my business to be generating mid-high six figures in revenues in 09-10. Where should I focus on my profile in order to optimize my chances (other than my business which is my #1 priority at present as I expect to continue it post grad)? Have you guys seen people with similar profiles get into HBS/Stanford? Thanks a lot.

Kudos [?]: [0], given: 0

Senior Manager
Senior Manager

Kudos [?]: 250 [0], given: 12

GMAT 1: 760 Q49 V44
GPA: 3.9
Re: Admissions to Biz School for Entrepreneur [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 15 Jun 2009, 18:45
If you do decide to shoot for b-school, look into the 2+2 program at Harvard and Yale's Silver Scholars program. if you have a good reason to go straight out of undergrad, go for it

Kudos [?]: 250 [0], given: 12

Expert Post
Founder
Founder
P

Kudos [?]: 28513 [0], given: 5114

GMAT 1: 750 Q49 V42
GMAT ToolKit User Premium Member CAT Tests
Re: Admissions to Biz School for Entrepreneur [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 15 Jun 2009, 20:30
Well, you got me intrigued.

I would say no, but that's my take on it. I think it will be hard for you to fit in without much post-grad experience and with highly entrepreneurial spirit (though technically you would have had experience, just not post grad). Most of your classmates will be late 20's and early 30's - hard to make friends too.

The big question is - why would you want to go to bschool anyway? You have a good business with good income - business school will not teach you how to run your business. You are probably better off focusing on growing your business and getting it to a certain level in the next few years. Then, after you have made all the mistakes and hit a few bumps, ups and downs you will get much more from the bschool experience.

Founder of GMAT Club

Just starting out with GMAT? Start here... or use our Daily Study Plan

Co-author of the GMAT Club tests

Kudos [?]: 28513 [0], given: 5114

Re: Admissions to Biz School for Entrepreneur   [#permalink] 15 Jun 2009, 20:30

Admissions to Biz School for Entrepreneur

new topic post reply Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  

Moderators: OasisGC, aeropower, bb10

GMAT Club MBA Forum Home| About| Terms and Conditions| GMAT Club Rules| Contact| Sitemap