GMAT Question of the Day: Daily via email | Daily via Instagram New to GMAT Club? Watch this Video

It is currently 12 Jul 2020, 12:24

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Close

Request Expert Reply

Confirm Cancel

Admitted: Kellogg PT vs Haas EWMBA

new topic post reply Update application status  
TAGS:

Hide Tags

Find Similar Topics 
Current Student
B
Concentration: General Management, Strategy
GMAT 1: 730 Q49 V40
WE: Engineering (Manufacturing)
Admitted: Kellogg PT vs Haas EWMBA  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 03 Jun 2019, 10:03
Hi, I was looking to receive some insights on making a call between Kellogg & Haas for their part-time programs. I have also received a small scholarship from Booth, but I am leaning towards Kellogg & Haas more because of the fit and post MBA goal.

A little background info --

Engineer with 5 years of experience in manufacturing/automotive sector, looking to pivot into Corporate Strategy/Consulting post MBA. I will be commuting initially to either school(closer to Kellogg given I'm in the Upper Midwest), however I am having a tough time ruling out Berkeley due to the location & culture fit( liked the on-campus feel of the EWMBA & fellow students seemed to be easygoing/helpful).

Kellogg (pros)
- Access to recruiting resources for PT students
- Strong consulting placements
- Stronger brand compared to Haas
- Shorter commute

UC Berkeley (pros)
- Stronger brand name internationally
- Tech Strategy? ( Proximity to tech industry, although not sure how it translates into Corp Strategy roles in Tech)

Would it be safe to say Kellogg is the better pick for Strategy/consulting pivot post MBA? Any insights on how UC Berkeley places in Consulting or Tech Strategy?
Any inputs would be greatly appreciated!
Thank you.
Intern
Intern
Re: Admitted: Kellogg PT vs Haas EWMBA  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 04 Jun 2019, 18:10
bk116 wrote:
Hi, I was looking to receive some insights on making a call between Kellogg & Haas for their part-time programs. I have also received a small scholarship from Booth, but I am leaning towards Kellogg & Haas more because of the fit and post MBA goal.

Engineer with 5 years of experience in manufacturing/automotive sector, looking to pivot into Corporate Strategy/Consulting post MBA. I will be commuting initially to either school(closer to Kellogg given I'm in the Upper Midwest), however I am having a tough time ruling out Berkeley due to the location & culture fit( liked the on-campus feel of the EWMBA & fellow students seemed to be easygoing/helpful).

Kellogg (pros)
- Shorter commute

UC Berkeley (pros)
- Tech Strategy? ( Proximity to tech industry, although not sure how it translates into Corp Strategy roles in Tech)

Would it be safe to say Kellogg is the better pick for Strategy/consulting pivot post MBA? Any insights on how UC Berkeley places in Consulting or Tech Strategy?
Thank you.

Both have the two best part-time cultures/support IMO and it seems like you have sound reasoning. Where geographically do you want to end up post-graduation?
Current Student
B
Concentration: General Management, Strategy
GMAT 1: 730 Q49 V40
WE: Engineering (Manufacturing)
Admitted: Kellogg PT vs Haas EWMBA  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 04 Jun 2019, 19:49
cardinal5500 wrote:
bk116 wrote:

Kellogg (pros)
- Shorter commute

UC Berkeley (pros)

Thank you.

Both have the two best part-time cultures/support IMO and it seems like you have sound reasoning. Where geographically do you want to end up post-graduation?

Thank you for the input. I'd prefer West Coast over Midwest/EC, however I did some research on LI and saw Kellogg grads on the west coast as well. Haas seems to be strong in Tech/PM roles, however I am not very keen on PM roles in Tech. I am not sure how the Haas EWMBA fares in Corp. Strategy/Consulting roles though !
GMAT Club Bot
Admitted: Kellogg PT vs Haas EWMBA   [#permalink] 04 Jun 2019, 19:49

Admitted: Kellogg PT vs Haas EWMBA

new topic post reply Update application status  

Moderators: FinanceMan, Regenerate