Last visit was: 12 Jul 2024, 14:02 It is currently 12 Jul 2024, 14:02
Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 8 [0]
Given Kudos: 22
Concentration: Strategy, Finance
Send PM
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 4 [0]
Given Kudos: 16
GMAT 1: 680 Q48 V35
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 1 [1]
Given Kudos: 0
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 1 [0]
GMAT 1: 650 Q41 V39
Send PM
Re: Admitted Profiles of BITSOM [#permalink]
Name/Username: Sunaina Ahuja
Country/Location : India
Under-Graduate School : Jesus and Mary College, University of Delhi
Under-Graduate GPA: 65% (First division)
GMAT/GRE Test scores: 650
Total Work Experience : 2.5 years
Pre-MBA Industry : Human resources
Target industry post-MBA: Human resources
Brief about Work Experience : Worked in the Central talent team for EY, managing some of their firm wide projects, and then was an HR Business Partner for the Consulting business in Delhi.
What is your relation to the Recommenders? (Manager. client etc): Manager
Volunteering/Extra-curriculars: Vice president business development and talent management, AIESEC in delhi IIT, part of the inter-school badminton team, certificate course in media studies
International Experience : Graduated from high school from the International School, Manila
Scholarship Given? : No
The motivation for MBA and why Now brief? : To gain learning and be a better corporate professonal.
Why BITSOM? : Global and renowned faculty, industry relevant curriculum, Birla brand
Which Round did you apply in? : 1
Status of your application? (A or WL) : A
Short-Term Goal : To be internship ready.
Long-Term Goal : To be placement ready.
Link to your interview debrief:
(You can add your interview experience HERE and paste the link above ) 1. Tell us about yourself 2. What are some of the challenges you faced at work 3. What are 3 lessons you took from your work 4. What did you study in college 5. Why MBA 6. What does leadership mean to you. Overall, it was cv based, and involved some behavioral/personality questions as well.
Did you use the help of an MBA Consultant? : No
Any comments, feelings, advice to share?: Have a clear idea about why you want to do an MBA and how it will benefit you. Give importance to your communication skills.

Posted from my mobile device
Intern
Intern
Given Kudos: 6
GMAT 1: 730 Q49 V41
GPA: 2.75
Send PM
Kudos
Name/Username: Viren Kumar
Under-Graduate School : Manipal Institute of Technology
Under-Graduate GPA: 6.07
GMAT Test scores: 730
Total Work Experience : 48 months
Pre-MBA Industry : Banking
Target industry post-MBA: Private Equite/Venture Capital
Brief about Work Experience : Foreign Currency Trader with IndusInd Bank
What is your relation to the Recommenders? (Manager. client etc.): Managers
Volunteering/Extra-curriculars: NA
International Experience : NA
The motivation for MBA and why Now brief? : To expand my horizon and gain function knowledge in areas outside Finance
Why BITSOM? : Because of Stellar faculty, BITS legacy and amazing peer group
Which Round did you apply in? : 2nd
Status of your application? (A or WL) : Admitted
Short-Term Goal : To analyze and learn from various companies
Long-Term Goal : To start my own venture post gaining relevant knowledge and experience
Link to your interview debrief: Extremely conversational and easy going. Revolved more on the interpersonal aspects and also some situational questions.
Did you use the help of an MBA Consultant? :No
Any comments, feelings, advice to share?: Don't wait till the last minute. Do atleast 3-4 iterations of your essay in order to showcase your best self! Good Luck!
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Kudos
Name/Username: Ayush Mohanty

Country/Location : India /Mumbai

Under-Graduate School: Shaheed Sukhdev College of Business Studies

Under-Graduate GPA: 8.189

GMAT/GRE Test scores: 650

Total Work Experience: 48 months

Pre-MBA Industry: Finance

Target industry post-MBA: Start-up in the B2B space

Brief about Work Experience: I worked at D.E. Shaw & Co. as a Financial Research Analyst and I handled the price forecasting part of quantitative trading. Additionally, I used to work with a few traders across sectors to help them build financial models for validating trade hypotheses

What is your relation to the Recommenders? (Manager. client etc): Manager at D.E. Shaw & Co.

Volunteering/Extra-curriculars: I play drums and tabla

International Experience: NA

Scholarship Given? : NA

The motivation for MBA and why Now brief?: To build a network with peers at MBA and with BITS Pilani Alumni. Furthermore, I am looking forward to experiencing the pedagogy of best-in-class faculty from across the world. The reason for doing an MBA right now is that I want to take some time off to build clarity around what I want to do in the long term in tandem with my goal to start a venture of my own

Why BITSOM? : BITSoM has the best-in-class faculty from the best universities across the world and it is like a startup for me since my peers and I are setting up the culture over here

Which Round did you apply in? : Round 2

Short-Term Goal: To work with a pre-series A startup and try out as many functions as possible

Long-Term Goal: To start a sustainable venture of my own that has profitable unit economics right from the beginning and adds an enormous amount of value to the society

Link to your interview debrief: The interview panel consisted of a BITS Alumnus and an ABG Senior Executive. They wanted to understand the reason why I want to do an MBA and particularly understand the reason for joining BITSoM. It was highly interactive and thus I enjoyed the interview

Any comments, feelings, or advice to share?: Be thorough about the reason for doing an MBA and the rest would fall into place
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Kudos

Country/Location : India /Mumbai

Under-Graduate School: NMIMS School of Commerce

Under-Graduate GPA: 3.13/4

GMAT/GRE Test scores: 690

Total Work Experience: 36 months

Pre-MBA Industry: FinTech

Target industry post-MBA: Consumer Tech

Brief about Work Experience:I have over 3 years of work experience working across Product, Strategy & Growth roles at FinTech startups such as Udaan Capital & mBnk.

What is your relation to the Recommenders? (Manager. client etc): Colleague at mBnk

Volunteering/Extra-curriculars: I'm building a social network for music sharing & discovery called Incentify

International Experience: A sizeable chunk of my team at mBnk were based out of Canada, Spain & USA, with whom I had to collaborate with on a regular basis.

Scholarship Given? : NA

The motivation for MBA and why Now brief?: Working at early stage startups helped me understand how to get things done at breakneck speed, however skipped some of the best practices in building a large scale company. Formalising my knowledge about management is my goal with doing an MBA now.

Why BITSOM? : By virtue of being a new B-School, I saw ambition in BITSoM to break rules of the stereotypical model of an MBA, something I always look for before joining any institution.

Which Round did you apply in? : Round 1

Short-Term Goal: To achieve product market with my startup.

Long-Term Goal: To build a generational consumer technology company, hopefully in the Web3 space.

Link to your interview debrief: The interview panel consisted of a BITS Alumnus and an Exec at BITSoM. The quality of questions impressed me, and it was a great chat!

Current Student
Given Kudos: 5
GMAT 1: 710 Q50 V36
Send PM
Kudos
Name/Username: Akhil Kurapati

Country/Location : Noida, Uttar Pradesh, India

Under-Graduate School : Manipal University Jaipur

Under-Graduate GPA: 8.49/10

GMAT/GRE Test scores: GMAT 710

Total Work Experience : 17 months

Pre-MBA Industry : Petrochemicals industry

Target industry post-MBA: Consulting

Brief about Work Experience : Sales Coordinator

Volunteering/Extra-curriculars: Volunteering during Covid-19 pandemic, Lawn tennis

International Experience : Global Internship at NUS Singapore

Scholarship Given? : N/A

The motivation for MBA and why Now brief? : Career switch

Why BITSOM? : Excellent faculty, future-focused curriculum, block-teaching methodology

Which Round did you apply in? : R1

Link to your interview debrief: The interview was quite conversational and easy-going. The interviewers had some questions about my job and my interests. I was also asked some situational questions regarding my volunteering experiences.
(You can add your interview experience HERE and paste the link above )

Originally posted by akhilkurapati on 11 Oct 2022, 06:53.
Last edited by akhilkurapati on 20 Oct 2022, 06:14, edited 1 time in total.
Intern
Intern
Given Kudos: 8
GPA: 3
Send PM
Kudos
Name/Username:Yayati
Under-Graduate School :ITM University
Under-Graduate GPA:6.27/10
GMAT/GRE Test scores:700
Total Work Experience :50
Pre-MBA Industry : Telecommunication
Target industry post-MBA: Consulting
Brief about Work Experience : Project Management for Fortune 500 clients' telecom needs
What is your relation to the Recommenders? (Manager. client etc): Account Director
Volunteering/Extra-curriculars: NGO Volunteer and YouTube channel(300K+ subscribers)
International Experience : Managed French and Hungarian teams in an Agile environment
Scholarship Given? :No
The motivation for MBA and why Now brief? : Career switch
Why BITSOM? : I chose BITSOM for the following reasons: AMAZING faculty, innovative teaching methodology (block teaching), and WAW courses
Which Round did you apply in? : 1st
Short-Term Goal : Work as a management consultant with a top tier firm
Long-Term Goal : Start my own venture in health and/or entertainment space
interview debrief: It was a very pleasant experience and the panel seemed to be genuinely intersted in knowing more about me. The interview revolved mostly around my work ex and my youtube channel.

Posted from my mobile device
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 0 [0]
Send PM
Name/Username: Chetna Bhasin
Country/Location : India, Mumbai
Under-Graduate School : Thapar University
Under-Graduate GPA: 7.9/10
GMAT/GRE Test scores: GMAT - 650
Total Work Experience : 4 years
Pre-MBA Industry : IT Risk Advisory
Target industry post-MBA: Management Consulting
Brief about Work Experience : I worked as a Technology Risk Consultant and helped fortune 500 clients with SOC and SOX Compliances for their Information Systems. Led initiatives in contributing to improving their audit methodologies.
What is your relation to the Recommenders? (Manager. client etc): Senior manager
Volunteering/Extra-curriculars: Part of multiple impactful CSR initiatives, Arts and crafts venture, contribution to child education via my school, Collaboration with Khushii NGO
International Experience : N/A
The motivation for MBA and why Now brief? : Take a career break, To grow beyond my current industry and gain holistic knowledge of different functions rather than a piecemeal approach through consulting engagements. Plus, gain access to a lot more opportunities.
Why BITSOM? : Stellar faculty, unique curriculum, Inclusive culture, Supportive stakeholders, BITs Legacy, Mumbai location
Which Round did you apply in? : First
Status of your application? (A or WL) : Admit
Short-Term Goal : Transition to a management consulting role
Long-Term Goal : Leading the organizations for creating value
Link to your interview debrief: Best interview experience I have ever had, touched topics – Why MBA, work ex questions, questions around personal interests, situation-based questions, and a few current affairs questions, Highly conversational as the interviewers were trying to understand me and my personality.
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Kudos
Name/Username: Satamitra Ghosh Dastidar
Country/Location : Mumbai, India
Under-Graduate School : SRM University
Under-Graduate GPA: 7.5/10
GMAT/GRE Test scores: 710 GMAT
Total Work Experience : 6 years
Pre-MBA Industry : Ed-Tech
Target industry post-MBA: SAAS/Consulting/Adtech/Fintech
Brief about Work Experience : BD, Marketing, Growth and Product in B2B, B2B2C and B2C space of Edtech for K-12 and post-grad segment
What is your relation to the Recommenders? (Manager. client etc): Manager and Colleague
Volunteering/Extra-curriculars: Multiple. Assisted a project for autistic children, Creative Head for Youth United Chennai, 2nd Prize in Story Writing at National Level UNDP hosted competition, Gold Medal RMO, Silver Medal RCO, Podcasts, etc
International Experience : N/A
Scholarship Given? : N/A
The motivation for MBA and why Now brief? : To accelerate my path to c-suite leadership and take the leap to upskill
Why BITSOM? : World Class faculty, Unique curriculum, Brand building, Small Batch Size
Which Round did you apply in? : 2nd
Short-Term Goal : Polish my leadership traits and become a better one
Long-Term Goal : Lead organisations of stature and create long-term impact
Link to your interview debrief: It was a holistic scrutiny of what makes me tick and what I have done until now, and where my MBA journey would lead me. The interview also gauged my knowledge of certain market and global trends and weighed certain decisions I took professionally and personally.
Any comments, feelings, advice to share?: Write the best essay possible focussing on leadership
Founder
Founder
Own Kudos [?]: 74090 [0]
Given Kudos: 19746
GMAT 1: 750 Q49 V42
GPA: 3
Send PM
Expert Reply
Archived Topic
Hi there,
You've reached an archived 'Evaluate my Profile' thread. No new replies are possible.
Interested in current discussions? Please visit the active 'Evaluate my Profile' topic.
Thank you for understanding, and happy exploring!
GMAT Club Bot
   1   2 
Moderators:
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
6976 posts
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
236 posts