GMAT Question of the Day: Daily via email | Daily via Instagram New to GMAT Club? Watch this Video

It is currently 03 Jun 2020, 17:47

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Close

Request Expert Reply

Confirm Cancel

Admitted - Which B-School to Choose?

new topic post reply Update application status  
Intern
Intern
Concentration: Finance
GMAT 1: 720 Q49 V38
GPA: 3.36
WE: Analyst (Computer Software)
Admitted - Which B-School to Choose?  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 03 Mar 2014, 08:38
Hi Team,

Please could you help me in choosing the right B-school?

I want to do an Full time MBA course with a concentration in Finance.
I had applied to Wake Forest University MBA and George Washington University MBA, and I have received an admit from both schools with nearly 75% and 80% scholarships respectively. Please could you suggest which will be the better choice between these two ?

Thanks for your time and support in this regard.
Admissionado
D
Schools: Brown University, Harvard Business School
Re: Admitted - Which B-School to Choose?  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 04 Mar 2014, 02:02
aadi72 wrote:
Hi Team,

Please could you help me in choosing the right B-school?

I want to do an Full time MBA course with a concentration in Finance.
I had applied to Wake Forest University MBA and George Washington University MBA, and I have received an admit from both schools with nearly 75% and 80% scholarships respectively. Please could you suggest which will be the better choice between these two ?

Thanks for your time and support in this regard.

Hey there dude,
Well, I'd love to help you out, but it's hard to say without knowing you first. The "Better choice" is the choice that is better for YOU. Meaning you in your industry, in your life, and so on...
Intern
Intern
B

Show Tags

New post 27 Mar 2020, 12:35
Hey guys, I'm Sanjana Sanjay and right now I live in Bangalore, India.

I have recently been offered admission into the MIM programmes at ESSEC and INSEAD. I'm having a hard time deciding between the two and I was hoping you guys could help me out.

ESSEC's programme has been in existence for a long time and its employment report is excellent. Moreover, it gives me more opportunities to work and undertake internships.

INSEAD has started the MIM programme only this year and therefore there are no employment stats or alumni for me to rely on. However, it has outstanding brand value and is considered the place to go to for consulting.

INSEAD has a one year programme while the ESSEC programme is two years.

Given that I aspire to enter the consulting industry, I'm confused between these schools. Do you guys have any advice or recommendations (ignoring the financial aspect of the studies)?

I would highly welcome and appreciate any input :)
Admissionado
D

Show Tags

New post 29 Mar 2020, 14:00
Hi Sanjana28,

Congratulations on both acceptances! You're in a great position to be choosing between these two programs right now.

One factor that I would consider between ESSEC and INSEAD is global brand recognition. While ESSEC is a very well-respected school, the reality is that very few business people in the US have heard of it, whereas INSEAD has more widespread recognition. If you don't want to work in the US but do want to work elsewhere in the world outside of Europe, I would still say that INSEAD is more well-known, and that brand value counts for a lot with employers.

I'd be less concerned that the MIM program is newly established at INSEAD. While there may be a few kinks to work out with the program if you're in the inaugural class, the reality is that what really matters are the resources of the university, not just of this specific master's program. INSEAD in general has a very strong recruiting track record with top global consulting firms, so you would certainly benefit from that relationship even if you're in the MIM rather than the MBA program.

Ultimately, the choice boils down to what you personally are looking to gain from your master's experience. If you're considering a career switch (i.e. if you didn't do any consulting prior to your MIM) or if you want to explore certain academic or professional areas, a 2-year program would give you more latitude and time to accomplish that. If you're already laser-focused on what you want out of your master's degree and want to get to your goal as soon as possible, then a 1-year program will be a better fit for you because you'll spend less money and be out of the workforce for less time.

I hope that helps! Best of luck to you!

Best,

Doris
Intern
Intern
B

Show Tags

New post 30 Mar 2020, 11:25
Admissionado

Thank you so much for the input! I'm also worried about the language problems.

Actually, I'll be finishing my undergrad only in May and so I have no work experience. But, I am sure about entering the consulting industry.

Would you say I can expect good recruiters for consulting from INSEAD even though its the first year? Especially since ESSEC has a good employment record and does attract consulting companies. In spite of this, do you think consulting opportunities would be better in INSEAD? I'm okay with settling down anywhere in Europe or Asia.

And are you aware if ESSEC has a good reputation in Singapore and the rest of Asia?
Admissionado
D

Show Tags

New post 04 Apr 2020, 14:19
Hi Sanjana28,

Yes, I expect that consulting firms will be drawn to recruit from INSEAD's MIM program based on the strength of their long-standing relationship with INSEAD as an institution overall, not just with its MBA program. Recruiters will likely trust the INSEAD brand and will expect that INSEAD will have done its homework in admitting its first MIM students.

It's difficult to quantify something like school reputation, but in general, I would say that INSEAD is more well-known and more recognized as a brand globally than ESSEC is. I would put less emphasis on the fact that you're doing a new degree at INSEAD and more emphasis on the INSEAD brand overall, which is very well established. While I'm sure there are business circles in Singapore and the rest of Asia who know of ESSEC, the reality is that INSEAD has higher visibility all-around.

Best,

Doris
Intern
Intern
B

Show Tags

New post 05 Apr 2020, 02:32
Admissionado

Thank you so much for your input :)
Admissionado
D

Show Tags

New post 11 Apr 2020, 10:48
You're welcome, Sanjana! I'm sure you can't go wrong with either choice. Best of luck with whichever path you decide to take!
Intern
Intern
B

Show Tags

New post 12 Apr 2020, 04:57
Admissionado

I've actually decided to go for INSEAD. Thank you for your wishes!
Admissionado
D

Show Tags

New post 18 Apr 2020, 14:17
Hi Sanjana,

Thanks for sharing your final decision! Congratulations, I'm sure you'll have a terrific experience at INSEAD!

Best,

Doris
Intern
Intern
B

Show Tags

New post 19 Apr 2020, 23:40
Admissionado

Thank you!

Posted from my mobile device

Admitted - Which B-School to Choose?