It is currently 12 Dec 2017, 01:39

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Close

Request Expert Reply

Confirm Cancel

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

Advice and guidance needed on retake score drops- ESR Attatched

new topic post reply Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
TAGS:

Hide Tags

Intern
Intern

Kudos [?]: [0], given: 3

Advice and guidance needed on retake score drops- ESR Attatched [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 27 Nov 2017, 05:15
GMAT 1- September 2016
Q46 V33 Total 640

GMAT 2- October 2016
Q46 V26 Total 590

GMAT 3- November 2017
Q43 V30 Total 600

Materials Used:
OG 2016
Verbal Review 2016
Gmat Club Maths Book
Manhattan SC
CR Bible
e-GMAT
Manhattan Advance Quant
Bunuel's Questions
All GMAT PREP QPs for verbal

Mocks:
GMAT PREP Exam 1,2
GMAT PREP EP 3
KAPLAN
Experts Global

All mock scores in the range of 620-720
GMAT Prep scores in the range of 650-720
Quant scores hovering between Q45-Q49
Verbal scores hovering between V30-V40

Practice and strategy:
Verbal-After the first two atempts, I gave 70% of the attention to Verbal. Reviewed all concepts and went through e-GMAT, GMAT Ninja videos and solved all Official Verbal Questions, devoting alot of time to understand the solutions and rectifying mistakes. Practiced 20 questions of SC and CR daily, and minimum 2 RC passages.
Read and Solved Manhattan Advance GMAT quant book and Bunuel's questions and revised all concepts from GMAT Club Maths Book.
Gave nearly 15 mocks and analyzed my mistakes. I have been actively visiting this Forum, solving questions and reading the experiences.
Targetted a 90% + accuracy in SC and CR, as I always ended up making mistakes in RC, finding it very tough to pick between two close options after POE.
Targetted to increase my quant score to minimum 48, as i always ended up making a few silly mistakes in calculations or in DS questions.
But my Score Reports and ESRs say otherwise.

Help Needed:
I aim to reach a score of minimum 700 by this year end. Before my last attempt, I studied daily for nearly 3 Months, managing work and studying GMAT. Focussed on increasing verbal performance, but my ESRs and sectional performances are boggling. Any help or guidance regarding the analysis or how to improve my score, would highly be appreciated, as My final score after months of polishing, was way lesser than my Mock or initial scores. I do not wish to give up, but I am a little disheartened as my score is decreasing, instead of improving. I am attaching all 3 of my ESRs.
Awaiting some expert guidance or some advice from my fellow GMAT Club members.

Note:
My ESRs show some varying and boggling sectional performances.
Attachments

File comment: 3rd Attempt ESR
Yash ESR 3.pdf [582.11 KiB]
Downloaded 16 times

To download please login or register as a user

File comment: 2nd Attempt ESR
Yash ESR 2.pdf [573.57 KiB]
Downloaded 15 times

File comment: 1st Attempt ESR
Yash ESR 1.pdf [580.72 KiB]
Downloaded 22 times

Kudos [?]: [0], given: 3

Kaplan GMAT Prep Discount CodesManhattan GMAT Discount CodesEconomist GMAT Tutor Discount Codes
Expert Post
e-GMAT Representative
S

Kudos [?]: 9425 [0], given: 347

Re: Advice and guidance needed on retake score drops- ESR Attatched [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 29 Nov 2017, 21:29
Hi Yash,

I am sorry to hear that you did not do well in your latest GMAT attempt. May I please ask you if you have reviewed our brand new course "Your Study Plan" and more specifically the part in which we explain how to review your ESR to find meaningful insights from it.

If you have not done, I would highly recommend that you do so. And then based on those learning, determine why you faltered in this attempt. There are quite a few things that jump out from your ESR and you will be able to determine those yourself once you review the suggested content.

Do let us know what you find out.

Regards,

Payal

| '4 out of Top 5' Instructors on gmatclub | 70 point improvement guarantee | www.e-gmat.com

Kudos [?]: 9425 [0], given: 347

Re: Advice and guidance needed on retake score drops- ESR Attatched   [#permalink] 29 Nov 2017, 21:29

Advice and guidance needed on retake score drops- ESR Attatched

new topic post reply Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
HOT DEALS FOR NOVEMBER
Economist GMAT - Free Free 1-week trial + Free Test
Kaplan Courses - Save $475 $225 Discount + $250 Bonus
Target Test Prep - $800 $50 Discount + $750 Bonus [GMAT Club
Tests and Premium MBA Bundle]
EMPOWERgmat - $99/mo GMAT Club tests included 2nd month
GMAT Club Tests - Free Included with every course purchase
of $149 or more - Full List is here

GMAT Club MBA Forum Home| About| Terms and Conditions| GMAT Club Rules| Contact| Sitemap