It is currently 17 Aug 2017, 06:37

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Close

Request Expert Reply

Confirm Cancel

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

Anyone admitted to Boston University Questrom or Boston College?

new topic post reply Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
TAGS:

Hide Tags

Intern
Intern

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 0

Schools: Boston U '18 (S)
Anyone admitted to Boston University Questrom or Boston College? [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 15 Jan 2016, 13:22
Hi everyone,

I submitted my Round 2 MBA applications to Boston University, Boston College, Northeastern University, and Brandeis University. I was curious if anyone has been accepted to Boston University or Boston College in particular, and what their GRE/GMAT scores were.

I have solid work experience in the non-profit world, high gpa from undergraduate (3.79 from Boston University), 3 professional recommendations, and a good resume. My top choice school is Boston University to do a non-profit MBA and MS in Information Systems. Although I do not have an academic background in technology, I do a lot with computers and tech in my current job and want to transition into a business and technology career.

My problem is this: I opted to take the GRE instead of the GMAT in late December and my score was truly terrible, especially the quantitative score. I have never done well on standardized tests, from the time I took the SAT in high school, to the LSAT when I thought I wanted to go to law school. I'm embarrassed to tell my score, but let's just say that if it was translated into a GMAT score, it would be slightly under 500 :( I know a lot of people will suggest retaking the exam but to be honest, nothing helps for me - over the years I have tried classes, self study, computer guides, and even tutors. Nothing has helped and I just can't seem to crack any standardized test.

I was curious if there are any of you out there who were accepted into a top 50 school with bad GRE/GMAT scores. And when I say bad, I'm not talking about a score of 650, I mean a score of 500 :) I am a Boston University alumna and did very well during my undergraduate program so I am hoping that will help me.

Also, for those that were accepted into Boston University or Boston College, how long after submitting your application were you invited for an interview? I submitted my BU application on December 26 and haven't heard anything so I am starting to think I was already rejected...

Thanks!!

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 0

Expert Post
MBA Section Director
G
Affiliations: GMAT Club

Kudos [?]: 3503 [0], given: 2390

City: Pune
GMAT 1: 680 Q49 V34
GPA: 3.4
WE: Business Development (Manufacturing)
GMAT ToolKit User Premium Member
Anyone admitted to Boston University Questrom or Boston College? [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 18 Jan 2016, 02:36
maurab291 wrote:
Hi everyone,

I submitted my Round 2 MBA applications to Boston University, Boston College, Northeastern University, and Brandeis University. I was curious if anyone has been accepted to Boston University or Boston College in particular, and what their GRE/GMAT scores were.

I have solid work experience in the non-profit world, high gpa from undergraduate (3.79 from Boston University), 3 professional recommendations, and a good resume. My top choice school is Boston University to do a non-profit MBA and MS in Information Systems. Although I do not have an academic background in technology, I do a lot with computers and tech in my current job and want to transition into a business and technology career.

My problem is this: I opted to take the GRE instead of the GMAT in late December and my score was truly terrible, especially the quantitative score. I have never done well on standardized tests, from the time I took the SAT in high school, to the LSAT when I thought I wanted to go to law school. I'm embarrassed to tell my score, but let's just say that if it was translated into a GMAT score, it would be slightly under 500 :( I know a lot of people will suggest retaking the exam but to be honest, nothing helps for me - over the years I have tried classes, self study, computer guides, and even tutors. Nothing has helped and I just can't seem to crack any standardized test.

I was curious if there are any of you out there who were accepted into a top 50 school with bad GRE/GMAT scores. And when I say bad, I'm not talking about a score of 650, I mean a score of 500 :) I am a Boston University alumna and did very well during my undergraduate program so I am hoping that will help me.

Also, for those that were accepted into Boston University or Boston College, how long after submitting your application were you invited for an interview? I submitted my BU application on December 26 and haven't heard anything so I am starting to think I was already rejected...

Thanks!!

Avg GMAT, GPA and other admission stats have been posted in the first post of every school thread. Check the first posts of the schools you are interested in. The same post contains a table for application updates in which you can find recently admitted students.

Hope that helps!!

Every Wednesday: Meet MBA Experts in Chat Room and Ask Your Most-Pressing MBA Admission Questions to them in a Live Chat.

Must Read Forum Topics Before You Kick Off Your MBA Application

New GMAT Club Decision Tracker - Real Time Decision Updates

Kudos [?]: 3503 [0], given: 2390

BSchool Forum Moderator

Kudos [?]: 11 [0], given: 22

Concentration: Healthcare, General Management
GMAT 1: 680 Q49 V34
WE: Science (Pharmaceuticals and Biotech)
Reviews Badge
Re: Anyone admitted to Boston University Questrom or Boston College? [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 06 Feb 2016, 17:51
Hi Maurab, have you got an invite for an interview from BU? I submitted my application to BU on Jan 31st and to my surprise, they invited me for an interview the next day. I did my interview last Thursday. If you haven't heard from them by now then I'm afraid it's probably a ding. Sorry but hope this helps.

Kudos [?]: 11 [0], given: 22

Re: Anyone admitted to Boston University Questrom or Boston College?   [#permalink] 06 Feb 2016, 17:51