Last visit was: 26 Apr 2024, 21:07 It is currently 26 Apr 2024, 21:07

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
SORT BY:
Date
Director
Director
Own Kudos [?]: 27 [0]
Given Kudos: 0
Send PM
Director
Director
Own Kudos [?]: 98 [0]
Send PM
Director
Director
Send PM
Director
Director
Send PM
[#permalink]
Well the Yale notification deadline is tomorrow, the fact that I haven't heard anything yet is not a good sign. I interviewed at Stern last week, so I think I have an okay shot there. No waitlists yet, just waiting on two decisions.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: [0]
Send PM
[#permalink]
same boat...waiting on yale and stern, but am not interviewing at stern until next week...its killing me
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 1 [0]
Send PM
[#permalink]
I'm in the same boat. I have R1 Wait Lists from Kellogg and Chicago. I guess I should have applied to a safety school.
Director
Director
Send PM
[#permalink]
Any idea what's up with Yale? The fact that they do rolling admission and a lot of people are waiting to hear makes me thing maybe they're just going to release a ton of dings tomorrow? Or maybe they'll spend all day making phone calls to tell people they're admitted? Just don't get why so many people seem to be waiting to hear and tomorrow is the deadline.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: [0]
Send PM
[#permalink]
i suspect they are just deciding how much money to give us :wink:
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 15 [0]
Send PM
[#permalink]
No acceptances here - WL at Darden and USC - I feel your pain
Director
Director
Send PM
[#permalink]
Good call THEDUDE!
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 14 [0]
Send PM
[#permalink]
johnnyx9 wrote:
Well the Yale notification deadline is tomorrow, the fact that I haven't heard anything yet is not a good sign. I interviewed at Stern last week, so I think I have an okay shot there. No waitlists yet, just waiting on two decisions.

Do you think there's a possibility that some people will be taken off the WL tomorrow?
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 315 [0]
Send PM
[#permalink]
yb wrote:
johnnyx9 wrote:

Do you think there's a possibility that some people will be taken off the WL tomorrow?

Anything could happen, but I don't believe so. Not until April deposit deadline.
Director
Director
Own Kudos [?]: 7 [0]
Send PM
Re: Anyone else not have an admit? [#permalink]
gmatclb wrote:
So I have 1 more shot and that's a waitlist at Chicago.

Most if not all Round 2 decisions came out and it seems like everyone here has an admit. Is there anyone else out there that doesn't have an admit? Misery loves company, so chime in!!!

I'm already over the other dings, but just contemplating what I'm going to do if the waitlist doesn't fall through. The good news is that Round 1 deadlines are 6-7 months away, so applying for next year won't hurt as badly as I thought it would.

I'm also thinking of the peace corps. So much time to think and lounge around.

With the constant worrying and studying, writing, it feels wrong just bumming around the house after work watiching TV or playing video games.

I am with u 9 dings for me :)
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 317 [0]
Send PM
[#permalink]
Hey Venky1979. You have 9 dings. That is a lot. I don't know your story but I think you should seriously consider changing your marketing strategy to the schools. If you are not sure what and how to change, take a look of some of the posts here or hire a consultant.

I wish good luck, and do not be discouraged.
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 2 [0]
Send PM
[#permalink]
Interviewed with Stern, waiting for a decision. Still no admits.
Director
Director
Send PM
[#permalink]
positive soul wrote:
Hey Venky1979. You have 9 dings. That is a lot. I don't know your story but I think you should seriously consider changing your marketing strategy to the schools. If you are not sure what and how to change, take a look of some of the posts here or hire a consultant.

I wish good luck, and do not be discouraged.

8 OF MY 9 DINGS WERE poor essays (R1 apps)

In r2 I improvised on the essays but still Got a ding :(

Trying to figure out what went wrong I am not discouraged I am awaiting genuine feedback from the schools that I am interesetd in
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 233 [0]
Given Kudos: 6
Concentration: Finance (Corp Fin, Financial Instruments)
Schools:NYU Stern 2009
Send PM
[#permalink]
Still waiting. Final decision due any time - today maybe.
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 315 [0]
Send PM
[#permalink]
venky1979 wrote:
Trying to figure out what went wrong I am not discouraged I am awaiting genuine feedback from the schools that I am interesetd in

dude, don't bank on that. chances are they will give you generic crap. I mean schools don't want to be sued for saying too much, nor do they want to dedicate too many resources to students who are not even going to attend. perhaps I am too cynical and you have some good people on the inside, but the best way to discover the weakenesses is to have a good friend who cares about you and has some smarts to recognize the requirements of a successful MBA candidate, to go over your application.. (how is that for a run-on sentence)

btw no admits here either, so take my advice for what it's worth :lol:
Director
Director
Send PM
[#permalink]
Nsentra wrote:
venky1979 wrote:

dude, don't bank on that. chances are they will give you generic crap. I mean schools don't want to be sued for saying too much, nor do they want to dedicate too many resources to students who are not even going to attend. perhaps I am too cynical and you have some good people on the inside, but the best way to discover the weakenesses is to have a good friend who cares about you and has some smarts to recognize the requirements of a successful MBA candidate, to go over your application.. (how is that for a run-on sentence)

btw no admits here either, so take my advice for what it's worth :lol:

I 100 % agree I am contacting some of the students and fellow GMAT clubbers

I have read in one thread that in this forum that B-schools dont give apprpriate or detailed feedback.
Director
Director
Send PM
venky1979 wrote:

I am with u 9 dings for me :)

Don't feel too bad. You applied to 9 schools... double the average. I only applied to 3. You tripled my amount. You did what you could.

Are you still waiting?
GMAT Club Bot
 1   2