Last visit was: 25 Apr 2024, 21:42 It is currently 25 Apr 2024, 21:42

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
SORT BY:
Date
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 21 [3]
Given Kudos: 6
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 0 [0]
Given Kudos: 0
GMAT 1: 690 Q40 V44
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 8 [1]
Given Kudos: 8
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Re: Appealing Cancelled Online GMAT [#permalink]
Kudos
I haven't gotten a response yet either! I sent an email late last week. I'm a little nervous since the 7 day deadline to appeal before the score cancellation is final is tomorrow. Will keep everyone posted if I hear anything.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 21 [2]
Send PM
Kudos
I got a response a few minutes ago that they have received my appeal and will respond with a final decision in 2 weeks. So I guess we'll see what happens then
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 6 [1]
Given Kudos: 2
Send PM
Kudos
daniimani

Hey pal. I'm in the same boat. I got an email that my score was cancelled because I was wearing rubber earplugs. I'd asked the proctor if I could and he said yes so I did. I would've never done it otherwise. I took the test on the first of August and they emailed me yesterday. I appealed right away but I have no idea if they'll respond before my deadline.

Please keep me posted. I'll let you know what happens in my case as well. We could share phone numbers if its okay with you. I'm not really active on here. PM me.
Intern
Intern
Given Kudos: 3
Send PM
Same thing happened to me. I took the exam on July 3 and got an email from GMAC on Aug 19th. They say it's due to unfair test environment...
I didn't see the email until today so i missed the appeal period... but i will try to call them soon.

anyone has any luck at this moment?
Founder
Founder
Own Kudos [?]: 72888 [0]
Given Kudos: 18869
GMAT 1: 750 Q49 V42
GPA: 3
Send PM
Appealing Cancelled Online GMAT [#permalink]
Expert Reply
Wow. This is a crazy topic. Sorry I have missed it. I have not seen such a mass cancellation before. Ever.

How soon after the test did everyone get this email? It sounds like weeks may have passed?

It’s crazy if you took the test on July 3 and it’s been six weeks. Very odd. Very frustrating.

Does GMAC want to kill GMAT? I mean it’s already a pretty terrible test with all the technical difficulties and only one retake. And now this? 😬

Posted from my mobile device
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Kudos
My case was similar, where I took the test July 1 and got the “security violation” email Aug 18. I even called the test vendor upon receiving the email to find out what the alleged violation was, and the customer service rep could not find a violation in my exam video. Very frustrating

Posted from my mobile device
Rotman School Moderator
Own Kudos [?]: 87 [1]
Given Kudos: 78
Concentration: Marketing, Strategy
GPA: 3.59
WE:Project Management (Other)
Send PM
Kudos
If they don't specify the exact reason for cancellation, how does someone make their case for their innocence ?

"Unfair testing environment" can mean 100 of things. Shouldn't the burden of proof be on test taker? It just sounds completely absurd.

I feel for all of you going through this, assuming no malice on your side. :(

Hoping the appeal works out in your favour.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 6 [0]
Send PM
Their customer service isn't that great either. It takes ages to get someone on the phone. I've been pushed from Examity to Pearson to GMAC for two weeks now. It is insane that I took the exam a full 37 days before my application deadline and I'm still not certain to have my score in time. It is really disheartening the way they behave.

They had the video for a month now and they still can't see that I was allowed by the proctor to use those rubber ear plugs.
Intern
Intern
Given Kudos: 3
Send PM
Kkkkkkk1111 wrote:
Same thing happened to me. I took the exam on July 3 and got an email from GMAC on Aug 19th. They say it's due to unfair test environment...
I didn't see the email until today so i missed the appeal period... but i will try to call them soon.

anyone has any luck at this moment?

Update:
I just called GMAC customer service. They said there is no way to have an answer from them about my inquiry. I would have to contact test security team. However, test security team can only be reached by email....we just have to wait. Not sure if the agent is telling the truth..
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 6 [1]
Send PM
Kudos
Yeah I called them up today but the only thing I got was "You'll have to reach out to the test security team". It's really a nightmare getting through to these guys. My application is due on Monday. I have no idea what to do.
Founder
Founder
Own Kudos [?]: 72888 [2]
Given Kudos: 18869
GMAT 1: 750 Q49 V42
GPA: 3
Send PM
Kudos