It is currently 23 Nov 2017, 13:19

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Close

Request Expert Reply

Confirm Cancel

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

applicant lab for indians

new topic post reply Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
TAGS:

Hide Tags

Intern
Intern

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 0

applicant lab for indians [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 20 Oct 2017, 03:19
Hello people,
Can anyone please share their experience of using applicant lab?
I am looking for a feeback from someone who is an Indian and had used applicant lab sometime in the past or is currently using it.
Do they have the bandwidth to offer any kind of customized advice?
And how good is their advice for interviews?
Any kind of feedback is welcome.

p.s I have seen the reviews on the gmatclub review section but to be honest they do not seem genuine to me. Almost all consulting firms have either 4.9 or 5 rating in that. Not a single critical review of applicant lab is posted. And after you read a few reviews they all seem to say the same things.

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 0

BSchool Forum Moderator
P

Kudos [?]: 135 [0], given: 55

Concentration: Nonprofit, Social Entrepreneurship
GMAT 1: 650 Q50 V27
GRE 1: 319 Q170 V149
WE: Education (Non-Profit and Government)
Reviews Badge CAT Tests
Re: applicant lab for indians [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 22 Oct 2017, 18:03
blahblahblah73564 wrote:
Hello people,
I am looking for a feeback from someone who is an Indian and had used applicant lab sometime in the past or is currently using it.

p.s I have seen the reviews on the gmatclub review section but to be honest they do not seem genuine to me. Almost all consulting firms have either 4.9 or 5 rating in that. Not a single critical review of applicant lab is posted. And after you read a few reviews they all seem to say the same things.

Usually, their bandwidth is limited and you wont be getting any calls or lots of customized advice. However. it is helpful in framing the skeleton of the essays. The advice for interviews and resume is helpful. However, you wont be getting any mock interviews or comprehensive resume editing. Overall, its a good value for money provided that other admission consultants charge you around $4k

Canadian Bschools: Detailed comparison
Resume Guides

If you found my post helpful, kindly press "+1 Kudos" to appreciate :) ..TIA

Kudos [?]: 135 [0], given: 55

Intern
Intern
B

Kudos [?]: 9 [0], given: 128

GPA: 3.33

Show Tags

New post 22 Oct 2017, 18:31
Thanx for the info. I actually listed applicant lab for consulting, as the price is friendly

Sent from my Redmi Note 3 using GMAT Club Forum mobile app

Confidence , Commitment, and Consistence

Kudos [?]: 9 [0], given: 128

Expert Post
MBA Section Director
D

Kudos [?]: 17709 [0], given: 1986

GMAT 1: 760 Q50 V42
GPA: 3.8
WE: Marketing (Non-Profit and Government)

Show Tags

New post 15 Nov 2017, 12:35
blahblahblah73564 wrote:
Hello people,

GMAT Club reviews are verified by the team so they are NOT fake. I have personally used ApplicantLab's services (the online tool and a couple of hours of extra help), and to be honest I have been floored with the depth of coaching I have received. I will save my full review for December, but meanwhile happy to help if you need any extra info.

You can also check out the trial pack.

My GMAT Resources
V30-V40: How to do it! | GMATPrep SC | GMATPrep CR | GMATPrep RC | Critical Reasoning Megathread | CR: Numbers and Statistics | CR: Weaken | CR: Strengthen | CR: Assumption | SC: Modifier | SC: Meaning | SC: SV Agreement | RC: Primary Purpose | PS/DS: Numbers and Inequalities | PS/DS: Combinatorics and Coordinates

My MBA Resources
Everything about the MBA Application | Over-Represented MBA woes | Fit Vs Rankings | Low GPA: What you can do | Letter of Recommendation: The Guide | Indian B Schools accepting GMAT score | Why MBA?

My Reviews
Veritas Prep Live Online

Manager
Manager
B

Kudos [?]: 16 [0], given: 88

Concentration: Operations, Social Entrepreneurship
GRE 1: 330 Q161 V169

Show Tags

New post 15 Nov 2017, 13:43
editted

Last edited by Aaliyah537 on 19 Nov 2017, 13:29, edited 1 time in total.

Kudos [?]: 16 [0], given: 88

Expert Post
Founder
Founder
P

Kudos [?]: 29115 [0], given: 5272

GMAT 1: 750 Q49 V42
GMAT ToolKit User CAT Tests

Show Tags

New post 15 Nov 2017, 17:47
Aaliyah537 wrote:
I'm not Indian, but I personally didn't find Applicantlab useful. The best thing about it is the cost, but if you're someone who has a lot of doubts regarding your candidacy, you may get more out of a couple of sessions with a consultant. I also didn't find Maria to be as reachable and willing to help as some other applicants seemed to have experienced. Not sure why that was - I was supposed to get a free consultation that she didn't follow up on, despite my emailing her a couple of times. I just don't see how its possible for one person to meaningfully help dozens (possibly hundreds) of applicants in the same round. I got the sense she was overwhelmed.

Meanwhile, the consultant reviews on GMAT Club, while likely genuine, are written in such glowing terms and with the same style, that it's hard to take them too seriously. In my view, it would be much more useful if people provided pros and cons when they write a review. Eg. Pro is Applicant Lab is highly affordable, Con is there's not enough room for nuance, given you are dealing with software as opposed to a human. etc.

Great suggestion! Why don't you write a review and lay it out objectively? We will even give you a $10 giftcard.

Founder of GMAT Club

Just starting out with GMAT? Start here... or use our Daily Study Plan

Co-author of the GMAT Club tests

Kudos [?]: 29115 [0], given: 5272

Intern
Intern
B

Kudos [?]: 3 [0], given: 35

Schools: Duke '20 (A)
GMAT 1: 750 Q49 V42
GPA: 3.75
Reviews Badge

Show Tags

New post 19 Nov 2017, 02:21
I am an Indian male engineer, got an admit from a top 15 US school and used ApplicantLab extensively. So I guess I qualify to answer.

I totally understand what you are talking about - the review page is full 5 stars, making it tough to differentiate among them. But none of them offers a free trial afaik, except for ApplicantLab. And if there is only one thing you want to take from this reply, it is this - try ApplicantLab's free 15 day trial and see for yourself if it works for you. I did, found it amazing and chose it eventually.

As for my feedback, I have already written a review. To summarize that, I think the tool is extremely helpful in creating your story (branding), framing your essays by choosing life events for each school (to maximize your fit) and finally in prepping for interviews and networking. That's the reason most of the reviews are glowing - because people are elated at having received admit from a top school at an extremely low investment of money (not time, your dedicated effort is crucial for this tool to work).

However, if you think you work best only with actual face-time with a consultant (rather than reading/watching the same advice on the app) , I suggest you buy additional hours for essay editing/consulting that Maria provides. I did not use that service so can not comment on the bandwidth. But I found Maria to be extremely approachable through the entire process, so drop her a mail anytime to get more details. .

PM me if you have any questions regarding ApplicantLab. Would be happy to help.

Kudos [?]: 3 [0], given: 35

Expert Post
MBA Section Director
D

GMAT 1: 760 Q50 V42
GPA: 3.8
WE: Marketing (Non-Profit and Government)

Show Tags

New post 19 Nov 2017, 05:08
Agree to Chanishere - the product is ideally built for self-starters who prefer a DIY approach to MBA applications. Maria used to provide 1:1 help if someone purchased additional hours, but I think she got too many requests so she partnered with Admissionado to help her users at a discounted rate.

I am not sure about a free consultation because as far as I know she does not provide one. Point to note here is that a lot of MBA Admission Consultants can afford to do free 30 min consultation because the upside is a $8K business.

Anyway, all in all, if you need a lot of hands-on help ApplicantLab is maybe not for you (unless you purchase additional hours from within the tool with Admissionado) - though I still feel the essay advice and the mapping elements of the product are absolutely phenomenal.

My GMAT Resources
V30-V40: How to do it! | GMATPrep SC | GMATPrep CR | GMATPrep RC | Critical Reasoning Megathread | CR: Numbers and Statistics | CR: Weaken | CR: Strengthen | CR: Assumption | SC: Modifier | SC: Meaning | SC: SV Agreement | RC: Primary Purpose | PS/DS: Numbers and Inequalities | PS/DS: Combinatorics and Coordinates

My MBA Resources
Everything about the MBA Application | Over-Represented MBA woes | Fit Vs Rankings | Low GPA: What you can do | Letter of Recommendation: The Guide | Indian B Schools accepting GMAT score | Why MBA?

My Reviews
Veritas Prep Live Online

Re: applicant lab for indians   [#permalink] 19 Nov 2017, 05:08

applicant lab for indians

new topic post reply Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  

GMAT Club MBA Forum Home| About| Terms and Conditions| GMAT Club Rules| Contact| Sitemap