Last visit was: 10 May 2024, 03:10 It is currently 10 May 2024, 03:10

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
SORT BY:
Date
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 0 [0]
Given Kudos: 0
Send PM
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 510 [0]
Given Kudos: 68
Concentration: Nonprofit, Social Entrepreneurship
WE:Education (Non-Profit and Government)
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 10 [1]
Given Kudos: 179
GPA: 3.33
Send PM
Alum
Own Kudos [?]: 51492 [1]
Given Kudos: 2326
Concentration: Leadership, General Management
Schools: Ross '20 (M)
GMAT 1: 760 Q50 V42
GMAT 2: 740 Q49 V42 (Online)
GMAT 3: 760 Q50 V42 (Online)
GPA: 3.8
WE:Marketing (Non-Profit and Government)
Send PM
Re: applicant lab for indians [#permalink]
Kudos
Expert Reply
blahblahblah73564 wrote:
Hello people,
Can anyone please share their experience of using applicant lab?
I am looking for a feeback from someone who is an Indian and had used applicant lab sometime in the past or is currently using it.
Do they have the bandwidth to offer any kind of customized advice?
And how good is their advice for interviews?
Any kind of feedback is welcome.

p.s I have seen the reviews on the gmatclub review section but to be honest they do not seem genuine to me. Almost all consulting firms have either 4.9 or 5 rating in that. Not a single critical review of applicant lab is posted. And after you read a few reviews they all seem to say the same things.

GMAT Club reviews are verified by the team so they are NOT fake. I have personally used ApplicantLab's services (the online tool and a couple of hours of extra help), and to be honest I have been floored with the depth of coaching I have received. I will save my full review for December, but meanwhile happy to help if you need any extra info.

You can also check out the trial pack.
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 23 [0]
Given Kudos: 165
Concentration: Operations, Social Entrepreneurship
GRE 1: Q161 V169
Send PM
applicant lab for indians [#permalink]
editted

Originally posted by Aaliyah537 on 15 Nov 2017, 13:43.
Last edited by Aaliyah537 on 19 Nov 2017, 13:29, edited 1 time in total.
Founder
Founder
Own Kudos [?]: 73131 [0]
Given Kudos: 18942
GMAT 1: 750 Q49 V42
GPA: 3
Send PM
applicant lab for indians [#permalink]
Expert Reply
Great suggestion! Why don't you write a review and lay it out objectively? We will even give you a $10 giftcard.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 11 [2]
Given Kudos: 43
Schools: Duke '20 (A)
GMAT 1: 750 Q49 V42
GPA: 3.75
WE:Operations (Consulting)
Send PM
Kudos
I am an Indian male engineer, got an admit from a top 15 US school and used ApplicantLab extensively. So I guess I qualify to answer.

I totally understand what you are talking about - the review page is full 5 stars, making it tough to differentiate among them. But none of them offers a free trial afaik, except for ApplicantLab. And if there is only one thing you want to take from this reply, it is this - try ApplicantLab's free 15 day trial and see for yourself if it works for you. I did, found it amazing and chose it eventually.

As for my feedback, I have already written a review. To summarize that, I think the tool is extremely helpful in creating your story (branding), framing your essays by choosing life events for each school (to maximize your fit) and finally in prepping for interviews and networking. That's the reason most of the reviews are glowing - because people are elated at having received admit from a top school at an extremely low investment of money (not time, your dedicated effort is crucial for this tool to work).

However, if you think you work best only with actual face-time with a consultant (rather than reading/watching the same advice on the app) , I suggest you buy additional hours for essay editing/consulting that Maria provides. I did not use that service so can not comment on the bandwidth. But I found Maria to be extremely approachable through the entire process, so drop her a mail anytime to get more details. .

PM me if you have any questions regarding ApplicantLab. Would be happy to help.
Alum
Own Kudos [?]: 51492 [0]
Given Kudos: 2326
Concentration: Leadership, General Management
Schools: Ross '20 (M)
GMAT 1: 760 Q50 V42
GMAT 2: 740 Q49 V42 (Online)
GMAT 3: 760 Q50 V42 (Online)
GPA: 3.8
WE:Marketing (Non-Profit and Government)
Send PM
Expert Reply
Agree to Chanishere - the product is ideally built for self-starters who prefer a DIY approach to MBA applications. Maria used to provide 1:1 help if someone purchased additional hours, but I think she got too many requests so she partnered with Admissionado to help her users at a discounted rate.

I am not sure about a free consultation because as far as I know she does not provide one. Point to note here is that a lot of MBA Admission Consultants can afford to do free 30 min consultation because the upside is a $8K business.

Anyway, all in all, if you need a lot of hands-on help ApplicantLab is maybe not for you (unless you purchase additional hours from within the tool with Admissionado) - though I still feel the essay advice and the mapping elements of the product are absolutely phenomenal.
Non-Human User
Own Kudos [?]: 40 [0]
Given Kudos: 0
Send PM
Hello from the GMAT Club MBAbot!

Thanks to another GMAT Club member, I have just discovered this valuable topic, yet it had no discussion for over a year. I am now bumping it up - doing my job. I think you may find it valuable (esp those replies with Kudos).

Want to see all other topics I dig out? Follow me (click follow button on profile). You will receive a summary of all topics I bump in your profile area as well as via email.
GMAT Club Bot