It is currently 18 Oct 2017, 06:23

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Close

Request Expert Reply

Confirm Cancel

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

Application assistance

new topic post reply Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
Intern
Intern

Kudos [?]: 5 [0], given: 27

WE: Corporate Finance (Real Estate)
GMAT ToolKit User
Application assistance [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 20 Sep 2015, 20:02
Hi Guys

I have given GMAT and scored a 620 (Q47 V28 IR6).

Since I have crossed the minimum required score for ISB (The only school i plan to apply), I want to give a shot to R1 rounds. I needed your feedback on the following:

1) If this would be right thing to do. Would this score be even considered even though the website says that minimum required is 600
2) What are the chances with such a score to get through
3) Any other good schools to look for with this score
4) How should the ISB application be, as in what is it that they look for in a competing application if score is not up to the mark
5) Any assistance on application from anyone who is applying to ISB this year/anyone who would want to share his/her experience and feedback, would be happy to receive :)

Thanks
Angel

Kudos [?]: 5 [0], given: 27

1 KUDOS received
BSchool Forum Moderator

Kudos [?]: 149 [1], given: 96

Re: Application assistance [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 20 Sep 2015, 23:31
This post received
KUDOS
Angel7278 wrote:
Hi Guys

I have given GMAT and scored a 620 (Q47 V28 IR6).

Since I have crossed the minimum required score for ISB (The only school i plan to apply), I want to give a shot to R1 rounds. I needed your feedback on the following:

1) If this would be right thing to do. Would this score be even considered even though the website says that minimum required is 600
2) What are the chances with such a score to get through
3) Any other good schools to look for with this score
4) How should the ISB application be, as in what is it that they look for in a competing application if score is not up to the mark
5) Any assistance on application from anyone who is applying to ISB this year/anyone who would want to share his/her experience and feedback, would be happy to receive :)

Thanks
Angel

1) If this would be right thing to do. Would this score be even considered even though the website says that minimum required is 600 - Even though the website says 600 is the minimum the average at ISB is around 700. 620 is not going to be enough, unless you have a couple of aces up your sleev, which would make you really attractive to ISB, so much so that they would be willing to blink at your GMAT score. Keep in mind that ISB weighs the GMAT quote heavily.

2) What are the chances with such a score to get through - As I mention above, chances are slim to none if you do not have an amazing and mindboggling profile, education and extracurriculars. Why take a chance, if you are really set on ISB, study hard for the GMAT and crack it to show your love. Do have a look at the applicant pool (only representative) here. This will help you get some understanding of where you stand.

3) Any other good schools to look for with this score - There are schools that will accept this score for granting admissions. You need to do more research and know what your expectations are from an MBA program. First define "good".

4) How should the ISB application be, as in what is it that they look for in a competing application if score is not up to the mark and
- Check out the Thread for ISB. You will be able to find out a lot more on the answers you seek.

All the best

My GMAT Debrief | My ISB 2015 Interview

Kudos [?]: 149 [1], given: 96

Intern
Intern

Kudos [?]: 2 [0], given: 1

Application assistance [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 29 Sep 2015, 07:39
Hi there,

Below are the answers for your questions:

1. Websites says that 600, but if you have the GMAT range of 600-650 score. Your profile should be extra -ordinary like International player.
2. Should be 700+
3. Yes, you can apply for Manheim business school, Vlerick Business School, University of Cincinnati, Beedie School of Business- Simon Fraser University and so forth..
4. Any B-Schools looks it your overall profile, right from your acads, leadership qualities, managerial role, extra circulars and other.

You may also try B-school selector tool https://goo.gl/T4Hsgf to gauge your chances for top B-schools.

Regards,
Shoaib

Last edited by shoaib16166 on 29 Sep 2015, 07:40, edited 1 time in total.

Kudos [?]: 2 [0], given: 1

Application assistance   [#permalink] 29 Sep 2015, 07:39

Application assistance

new topic post reply Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  

GMAT Club MBA Forum Home| About| Terms and Conditions| GMAT Club Rules| Contact| Sitemap