Last visit was: 24 Apr 2024, 01:09 It is currently 24 Apr 2024, 01:09

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
SORT BY:
Date
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: [0]
Given Kudos: 2
Send PM
Director
Director
Own Kudos [?]: 364 [1]
Given Kudos: 109
Concentration: Marketing, Strategy
GMAT 1: 660 Q44 V37
GMAT 2: 680 Q45 V38
GMAT 3: 710 Q45 V42
GPA: 3.32
WE:Information Technology (Retail)
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 8 [0]
Given Kudos: 1
GMAT 1: 710 Q45 V42
GPA: 3.91
Send PM
Re: Applying to AACSB accredited B-School MBA with a felony [#permalink]
I think that any accredited MBA program might let you apply with unofficial transcripts, but wouldn't let you actually start taking courses until they got official ones.
Intern
Intern
Send PM
bartthecartoon wrote:
I think that any accredited MBA program might let you apply with unofficial transcripts, but wouldn't let you actually start taking courses until they got official ones.

I hope they will allow me into the program with unofficial transcripts. The thing about obtaining unofficial transcripts before the first class is I will be relying on my Financial Aid Refund to pay my unpaid balance at ASU. The Financial Aid Refund usually is not disbursed into several weeks after the first coursework of the semester begins. I talked to Mississippi State U and they claimed they would allow me into the school so long as I obtained the official transcripts within the first few classes or at least by graduation. We will see. Thanks for your reply.
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 148 [1]
Given Kudos: 35
GMAT 1: 780 Q49 V50
WE:Research (Other)
Send PM
Kudos
Since your felony was pretty recent, you will need to explain it, and like highwyre said, make sure you talk about how you've grown or what you learned in the optional essay section. If you can get it dismissed or dropped to a misdemeanor that would be ideal. That being said, I wouldn't think that for an online program it would be that big of a deal. I'd guess that for the online schools that you listed will take pretty much anyone who can pay the tuition. That's just my guess.

Now not having official transcripts could be a problem. Did ASU even let you graduate with an outstanding balance? I would try to get that taken care of immediately.
Intern
Intern
Send PM
rjdunn03 wrote:
Now not having official transcripts could be a problem. Did ASU even let you graduate with an outstanding balance? I would try to get that taken care of immediately.

ASU did let me partake in Graduation ceremonies, and ASU has conferred my undergraduate degree via unofficial transcripts or by phone call, but they will not release my official transcripts or the hard copy of my Bachelors Degree until past due balance is paid.

I would like to take care of my owed balance at ASU, but I am experiencing financial hardship. My plan is to hopefully be admitted into a graduate program then use my Financial Aid Loans Refund sum to cover past due balance at ASU.
GMAT Club Bot