Last visit was: 29 Apr 2024, 00:46 It is currently 29 Apr 2024, 00:46

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
SORT BY:
Date
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 3 [0]
Given Kudos: 0
Schools: Haas '25 (A)
Send PM
Founder
Founder
Own Kudos [?]: 72916 [1]
Given Kudos: 18870
GMAT 1: 750 Q49 V42
GPA: 3
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 3 [0]
Schools: Haas '25 (A)
Send PM
VP
VP
Own Kudos [?]: 800 [0]
Given Kudos: 21
GMAT 1: 680 Q49 V34
Send PM
Applying to business school primarily for the network? [#permalink]
Hi nrg53

While the network that an MBA provides i is unmatched, however I think that the furtherance of your entrepreneurial vision is the most important motive behind your decision to pursue MBA.

Thanks
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 0 [0]
Send PM
Re: Applying to business school primarily for the network? [#permalink]
MBA programs, possibly some overranked so you not troubled with the obligation upon graduation which would essentially block you from enterprising action.
Intern
Intern
Send PM
nrg53 wrote:
Hey all, wanted to get a second opinion on this.

But first, I'll give some quick background on myself. I am 4 years out from undergrad, and I attended a top-15 university and graduated with a 3.7 GPA. I currently work at a well-known tech firm in a role that is a blend of internal strategy consulting and data science.

I have spent my whole life on the East Coast until approximately 9 months ago when I moved out to the Bay Area to accept the role at the tech firm I mentioned above.

I have long been interested in getting an MBA (my undergrad degree was in the humanities and so have always felt like I could use a standardized business schooling), and I am planning on applying to a few schools this upcoming cycle.

Anyway, probably the primary reason I am interested in pursuing an MBA at this time is for the network it could provide. As someone who has lived his whole life on the East Coast and knows very few people on the West Coast but envisions a long career on the West Coast, this seems incredibly appealing.

To be clear, there are other reasons I am interested in pursuing an MBA as well. In particular, I believe it will help me along the entrepreneurial path I envision for myself. But I would be lying to myself if I did not say the network was the most compelling reason.

Is that, in your opinion, a fair reason to want to pursue an MBA? I guess I worry about being out of the workforce for two years and wonder if gaining a network really justifies that cost. Would really appreciate any thoughts people may have!

Best way to network is go to local events seminar or workshops to communicate and networking with other people instead of going to mba.
Intern
Intern
Send PM
I would honestly go for it!
That's a great chance and you should use it
GMAT Club Bot