Last visit was: 12 May 2024, 11:13 It is currently 12 May 2024, 11:13

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
SORT BY:
Date
GRE Forum Moderator
Own Kudos [?]: 33608 [0]
Given Kudos: 5787
GPA: 3.62
Send PM
GRE Forum Moderator
Send PM
MBA Admissions Consultant
Own Kudos [?]: 1109 [0]
Given Kudos: 1752
GPA: 4
Send PM
GRE Forum Moderator
Send PM
Re: April 26: Q&A about MBA admissions in 2024 with ARINGO [#permalink]
Expert Reply
Thank you ARINGO for joining, Let’s start the session

Profile evaluation requested by a member ........ Indian male engineer; 26 ; Undergrad : Reputed National Institute of technology in India Major : Computer science; Current position : Senior associate, PwC US Advisory. (Management Consulting)WE - 60 Currently leading and setting up an AI team within PwC. Earlier, I used to work with clients from different geographies such as SG, US, Bulgaria and Australia. Have spent quite a lot of time in these geographies. Led many cross-continent project teams. Doing multiple pro-bonos; Extra-curr : Aviation blog, PlanespottingTravelled to around 12 countries- Japan, South Korea, Vietnam, Qatar, UAE, Thailand etc.Short term goal - consultantLong term - own consulting firm.
Send PM
Expert Reply
Sajjad1994 wrote:
Profile evaluation requested by a member ........ Indian male engineer; 26 ; Undergrad : Reputed National Institute of technology in India Major : Computer science; Current position : Senior associate, PwC US Advisory. (Management Consulting)WE - 60 Currently leading and setting up an AI team within PwC. Earlier, I used to work with clients from different geographies such as SG, US, Bulgaria and Australia. Have spent quite a lot of time in these geographies. Led many cross-continent project teams. Doing multiple pro-bonos; Extra-curr : Aviation blog, PlanespottingTravelled to around 12 countries- Japan, South Korea, Vietnam, Qatar, UAE, Thailand etc.Short term goal - consultantLong term - own consulting firm.

profile sounds strong
Obviously, I am missing GMAT info and the school wish list desire
but your undergrad, work experience, progress, and working with international teams sounds good!
career goals sound fine, but be specific about which industry, which geography etc.
good luck! (after your GMAT, feel free to reach out on shimriw@ARINGO.com) for a deeper profile analysis and chances estimation
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 10 [0]
Given Kudos: 91
Concentration: Strategy, Finance
GPA: 3.77
WE:Project Management (Venture Capital)
Send PM
Hero ARINGO,

I completed my bachelor’s in 2022, from a Tier 2 University with Business Administration in Finance and scored 4.1/5. My 10th was 78% and 12th was 85%. I’m working with one startup as Relationship cum Project Manager since last 1 year, it’s basically into Venture Capital. Previously worked with HR consulting startup for 9 months. Also, have winning prise for Research Poster on Startup thing, had my own club in Graduation and was Founder and President for a year there, anchored college signature event.

I’m aiming HEC Paris for their Finance or Strategic Management program for Sept 2024 intake, please help me with Profile evaluation if I need to add any specific into it. Also, please guide about what GMAT score would HEC preferred with this profile, as I’m yet to take GMAT.

Thanks. Looking forward to hearing back from you
Send PM
Expert Reply
as there arent many questions lets see if you can spot the truth vs. the myth… can you guess which one of these is actually true?
1. You can’t get into an M7 MBA program without a 750 GMAT
2. If you are older than 30 you can’t get into a top MBA program
3. If you are looking for a high post-MBA salary you have to go to Harvard
4. The GMAT is 90% of the application
5. If I don’t volunteer I won’t get into Yale
6. INSEAD requires international work experience
7. Shimri from ARINGO drinks 6 cups of coffee a day

Mohit4102 wrote:
Hero @Aringo, I completed my bachelor’s in 2022, from a Tier 2 University with Business Administration in Finance and scored 4.1/5. My 10th was 78% and 12th was 85%. I’m working with one startup as Relationship cum Project Manager since last 1 year, it’s basically into Venture Capital. Previously worked with HR consulting startup for 9 months. Also, have winning prise for Research Poster on Startup thing, had my own club in Graduation and was Founder and President for a year there, anchored college signature event. I’m aiming HEC Paris for their Finance or Strategic Management program for Sept 2024 intake, please help me with Profile evaluation if I need to add any specific into it. Also, please guide about what GMAT score would HEC preferred with this profile, as I’m yet to take GMAT. Thanks. Looking forward to hearing back from you

good profile for the "less experienced degrees" (you could add master’s in management...) I am unsure about your background, but if you come from an overrepresented background, you will need 700 + in the GMAT...

Originally posted by ARINGO on 26 Apr 2023, 09:46.
Last edited by ARINGO on 26 Apr 2023, 09:47, edited 1 time in total.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 10 [0]
Given Kudos: 91
Concentration: Strategy, Finance
GPA: 3.77
WE:Project Management (Venture Capital)
Send PM
ARINGO wrote:
good profile for the "less experienced degrees" (you could add master’s in management...) I am unsure about your background, but if you come from an overrepresented background, you will need 700 + in the GMAT...

Thanks.

Would the 700+ score require for Masters in finance and Master in Strategic Management also? I did Bachelors of Business Administration, and I would say average profile considering competition. Aslo, if you can guide what else should I include in profile to stand out from the crow.
GRE Forum Moderator
Send PM
Expert Reply
Everyone, we have around 20 minutes left in this chat session. Ask your questions quickly
Send PM
Expert Reply
Mohit4102 wrote:
Thanks. Would the 700+ score require for Masters in finance and Master in Strategic Management also? I did Bachelors of Business Administration, and I would say average profile considering competition. Aslo, if you can guide what else should I include in profile to stand out from the crow.

as mentioned if you come from an overrepresented background, I suggest you aim for 700+ (naturally if you score a bit less you can still apply!)
how to stand out? work with an expert like me :)
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 3 [0]
Given Kudos: 32
Schools: ISB '24 (I)
GPA: 3.4
Send PM
I’m 33 male worked in top IT firm for 6years and joined family buisness before 5 years.I got GMAT score of 760.What are the possibility of getting into top universities like Kellogg,booth or Wharton or M7 colleges considering my age.Also i don’t want to do EMBA as its not having high placements.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 14 [0]
Given Kudos: 70
Send PM
I saw that the median GMAT grades of students accepted into Ivy-league schools are around 730. How significant is the difference between a 700 and a 730 score?
Send PM
Expert Reply
Justforfun0 wrote:
I’m 33 male worked in top IT firm for 6years and joined family buisness before 5 years.I got GMAT score of 760.What are the possibility of getting into top universities like Kellogg,booth or Wharton or M7 colleges considering my age.Also i don’t want to do EMBA as its not having high placements.

Hi, your experience is on the high side, but if you apply this year, you should be ok for "regular" 2y programs (although, you can also apply to Stanford MSX/ MIT SF one year programs)
how to maximize chances?
Send me your CV, school wish list, GMAT split (well done by the way!) and any other info to shimriw@aringo.com and perhaps we can work together on some stellar apps
I had a 37y old get into Wharton and Kellogg this year!

HaSmamit wrote:
I saw that the median GMAT grades of students accepted into Ivy-league schools are around 730. How significant is the difference between a 700 and a 730 score?

GMAT is about 30% out of the 100% assessment. some shcools put more of an emphasis on it than others. also, if you come from an overrepresented pool of applicants, the shcools will look for a higher than average GMAT score. and if you come from a less common background they would give you some slack (= if you are a female, coming from a tiny country in Africa, and work in the energy from sea waves industry, a 650 is enough :) )

Originally posted by ARINGO on 26 Apr 2023, 10:06.
Last edited by ARINGO on 26 Apr 2023, 10:08, edited 1 time in total.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 14 [0]
Given Kudos: 70
Send PM
Thanks, I’ll get started on packing to move to Africa :)
Send PM
Expert Reply
HaSmamit wrote:
Thanks, I’ll get started on packing to move to Africa :)

or work on your GMAT...

Right, I think we can close this chat now...

Thanks everyone for this session
I really enjoyed your questions and seeing such great profiles!
Don’t forget to check us out on http://www.ARINGO.com and remember, for a detailed profile review, please send me your CV, GMAT score, school wish list, and any other info to Shimriw@ARINGO.com

Good luck

Originally posted by ARINGO on 26 Apr 2023, 10:09.
Last edited by ARINGO on 26 Apr 2023, 10:10, edited 1 time in total.
GRE Forum Moderator
Send PM
Expert Reply
We are closing this chat session. Thank you ARINGO for your time and inputs. We greatly appreciate it.

Thank you everyone for joining us, This chat is officially over
GMAT Club Bot