GMAT Question of the Day: Daily via email | Daily via Instagram New to GMAT Club? Watch this Video

It is currently 25 Jan 2020, 02:40

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Close

Request Expert Reply

Confirm Cancel

[False Post] Are Target Test Prep Reviews Fake?

new topic post reply Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
Intern
Intern
[False Post] Are Target Test Prep Reviews Fake?  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post Updated on: 02 Oct 2017, 00:53
Edit: Moderator Edit: This post was inaccurate and confusing on many levels and therefore was removed. The author believed he uncovered a conspiracy but rather had been a victim of a google image search glitch that mistakenly attributes one image to multiple pages on linkedin. You can grasp the context of it from the consequent replies. The original poster has never come back to comment further.

April 2017 Update: GMAT Club has begun offering verified GMAT Course reviews of Target Test Prep courses. You can find them here: Verified Target Test Prep Reviews

GMAT Club verifies reviews using several methods to verify identity: 1) using Unique GMAT Score report 2) Using reputation on GMAT Club such as members who have been registered for 2 years or those with over 35 posts. You can find the verification method listed on each review. You can learn further about our verification method here: https://gmatclub.com/forum/gmat-club-re ... 09438.html

Originally posted by asahi92 on 08 Oct 2015, 19:25.
Last edited by bb on 02 Oct 2017, 00:53, edited 3 times in total.
One more update to remove any confusion about this Fake Post
Director
Director
B
Affiliations: GMATQuantum
Re: [False Post] Are Target Test Prep Reviews Fake?  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 13 Oct 2015, 23:09
Students/customers should do their due diligence and ensure that they thoroughly test out any test prep product before signing up for those services. I am just going to leave it at that.

Dabral
Target Test Prep Representative
V
Affiliations: Target Test Prep

Show Tags

New post 14 Oct 2015, 14:31
First, I am troubled to see a thread like this that makes an attempt to drag the Target Test Prep brand through the mud. The statements made and posted by Asahi92 respecting Target Test Prep are untrue and inaccurate.

Every testimonial and review respecting Target Test Prep and its GMAT course is from an actual or former student of Target Test Prep. Please remember that Beat the GMAT, an independent third-party provider, verified all of the reviews that Asahi92 is skeptical of.

Second, one need not look far to see the inaccuracy of Asahi92’s claims. For example:

Asahi92 ran a Google image search on one of the images of a student on our testimonials page and immediately concluded that this student must be fake because the student’s exact image shows up in the results next to other people’s names.

Well… Asahi92 misinterpreted the results of the image search in question.

What the Google image search displays is that this particular student appears in the “People Also Viewed” section of these other people’s LinkedIn profiles. In other words, because this student’s photo appears on the LinkedIn profile pages of many other people, this student’s photo shows up repeatedly next to different names. See for yourself here: http://ttp.today/ua0BuA

Note that I’ve blurred personal information on the image below - to avoid dragging any other people or any other students of ours into this thread - but the link above will give you the live results.

We accept Asahi92’s skepticism as a compliment to TTP and to the work we do, because, in fact, all of the testimonials are real and genuine and all of the Beat the GMAT verified five-star reviews are real and genuine. Not only do we help our students earn impressive GMAT scores, but we also foster strong, long-term relationships with them; we do everything possible to support our students and to help them reach their goals. As a result, our students are willing to go above and beyond for us, just as we have done for them.

So - if you’re a student who is struggling to earn a higher GMAT score and would like to work with an innovative GMAT prep company with a strong record of success in helping students raise their GMAT scores and with bright, articulate, caring GMAT instructors who will be fully-invested in your success, I welcome you to give TTP a try. I think you’ll find that your experience with us will be nothing short of five-star.

Furthermore, Target Test Prep is proud of the high quality GMAT courses and materials it offers and is pleased to have established such an excellent reputation in the test preparation industry in such a short time period.

Scott Woodbury-Stewart

Founder and CEO

Scott@TargetTestPrep.com
TTP - Target Test Prep Logo
181 Reviews

5-star rated online GMAT quant
self study course

See why Target Test Prep is the top rated GMAT quant course on GMAT Club. Read Our Reviews

If you find one of my posts helpful, please take a moment to click on the "Kudos" button.

Intern
Intern

Show Tags

New post 14 Oct 2015, 16:18
As a Tevora representative, I would like to state that the comments made by Asahi92 are in now way shared or otherwise associated with our organization. Further, we do not believe that Asashi92 is or has ever worked with Tevora in any capacity.

Clayton Riness
Managing Director
Tevora
Founder
Founder
V
GMAT 1: 750 Q49 V42
GPA: 3.5
GMAT ToolKit User CAT Tests

Show Tags

New post 14 Oct 2015, 16:39
This is a very interesting development indeed. Thank you Clayton for your post.

As a neutral party, I can validate that the post by the Tevora representative is genuine and the account has been registered with a @tivora.com email address. I can also validate Target Test Prep's poster's identity (please note that GMAT Club has no affiliation with either company).

I did research the image issue that the OP posted screenshots of it and it is a well-known glitch of Google - you can even often see it in the GMAT Club search results where an avatar image of a poster is used to represent a discussion, often multiple times.

Glad to see the medium of a discussion forum at its best. We value all member contribution and encourage every member's input on issues and all involved parties to address any claims and refute allegations. I find this discussion especially important to help everyone arrive at their own conclusion especially as it seems this poster has made similar posts elsewhere though I can't seem to open it (screenshot attached at the bottom)

Attachment:
2015-10-14_1630.png
2015-10-14_1630.png [ 45.18 KiB | Viewed 14958 times ]

Concentration: Accounting
GMAT 1: 710 Q47 V40
GPA: 3.99

Show Tags

New post 24 Nov 2015, 20:16
Guys, don't believe asahi92's post, it is obviously fake. I am a real Target Prep student, I studied with TTP for around three months and improved my score from 410 to 710 (Q-47). Target Prep is an excellent online course. Believe me, I tried a lot of different study materials, and only Target Prep helped me. And the reason they have so many positive reviews from students is because they deserve them! I am going to post a positive review on their website too, because I feel I need to share my experience with desperate souls out there looking for perfect quant course :))
GMAT Club Bot
Re: [False Post] Are Target Test Prep Reviews Fake?   [#permalink] 24 Nov 2015, 20:16

[False Post] Are Target Test Prep Reviews Fake?

new topic post reply Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  

Moderator: DisciplinedPrep