Last visit was: 15 May 2024, 23:11 It is currently 15 May 2024, 23:11

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 61 [0]
Given Kudos: 749
Concentration: Strategy, General Management
GPA: 3.5
WE:Analyst (Computer Software)
Send PM
Founder
Founder
Own Kudos [?]: 73219 [2]
Given Kudos: 18978
GMAT 1: 750 Q49 V42
GPA: 3
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 27 [0]
Given Kudos: 28
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 29 [0]
Given Kudos: 6
GMAT 1: 610 Q50 V23
GPA: 4
Send PM
Re: Around the World in 80 Questions - GMAT Competition Jul 17-28, 2023 [#permalink]
what is with Correct Timers - like how do we score this? can someone please explain
Founder
Founder
Own Kudos [?]: 73219 [0]
Send PM
Re: Around the World in 80 Questions - GMAT Competition Jul 17-28, 2023 [#permalink]
Expert Reply
aytida wrote:
I think I took more than 30 timers yesterday, but I didn't get any bonus for the same.

Hi. Please check the timing of posting for bonus points here: https://gmatclub.com/forum/around-the-w ... html#rules

Bonus for timers gets posted at 6:15 am US pacific time.

Posted from my mobile device
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 106 [1]
Given Kudos: 58
Send PM
Kudos
You don't necessarily score it. If the questions u answered with timers turn out to be correct, then u are awarded points for correct timer. Basically it's about answering the question correctly.

KanikaJain wrote:
what is with Correct Timers - like how do we score this? can someone please explain

Founder
Founder
Send PM
Expert Reply
KanikaJain wrote:

Hi. Correct timers means you start a timer on a question and you answer it correctly.

This bonus is awarded when the official answers are revealed which happens 24 hours after the question is posted and so you’re points for this activity will be awarded within an hour of the official answers being revealed. Let me know if any other questions.

Founder
Founder
Send PM
Expert Reply
Indiana Jones is leading still... let's see if they get enough steam.
Lara Croft Team is hanging on to the position #2... we will see what happens once the results are released in an hour but here are the rankings for now.

Good luck everyone!

Attachment:
Jul197am.jpg
Jul197am.jpg [ 39.12 KiB | Viewed 828 times ]
Math Expert
Own Kudos [?]: 624092 [0]
Given Kudos: 81872
Send PM
Expert Reply
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 149 [0]
Given Kudos: 222
Send PM
bb, Bunuel, I think there's something wrong with my Correctly answered questions points. I have answered 11 questions correctly but the count is only showing 2.
Here is a screenshot:
Attachments

Screenshot_2023-07-19 Around the World in 80 Questions - GMAT Competition Jul 17-28, 2023(1).png
Screenshot_2023-07-19 Around the World in 80 Questions - GMAT Competition Jul 17-28, 2023(1).png [ 42.69 KiB | Viewed 770 times ]

Founder
Founder
Send PM
Expert Reply
0Lucky0 wrote:
bb, Bunuel, I think there's something wrong with my Correctly answered questions points. I have answered 11 questions correctly but the count is only showing 2.
Here is a screenshot:

Hi 0Lucky0,

I am checking with our dev team. They have been working on one issue and that is recognizing timers that are shorter than 7 seconds. We usually discard them but we will count them in the competition. We have made this change yesterday and I am not sure if it has taken effect (maybe not based on your experience).

Here is your error log as you can see many are 7 seconds or less, so for now, make sure to take a longer timer (e.g. 10 secs).

Thank you,
BB
Attachments

lucky-timer.png
lucky-timer.png [ 205.27 KiB | Viewed 699 times ]

Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 149 [0]
Send PM
bb wrote:
0Lucky0 wrote:
Here is a screenshot:

Hi 0Lucky0,

I am checking with our dev team. They have been working on one issue and that is recognizing timers that are shorter than 7 seconds. We usually discard them but we will count them in the competition. We have made this change yesterday and I am not sure if it has taken effect (maybe not based on your experience).

Here is your error log as you can see many are 7 seconds or less, so for now, make sure to take a longer timer (e.g. 10 secs).

Thank you,
BB

Oh yea!! :P I knew that this might be the case from the get go; so the reason why I always took atleast 7 seconds or more just to be on the safe side. :P hahahaha
But today! as the points show up within 5 minutes of taking the timer for bonus points so I wanted to experiment with 6 seconds just to see if the system counts 6 seconds and voila! :P It did! I got all 80 bonus timer points even though I used a 6 seconds timer on two of them. :P So yea, it worked and that's the only reason why you see 6 seconds on my error log today. :P I didn't take 6 seconds yesterday or the day before. :P This was an experiment. :P

Originally posted by 0Lucky0 on 19 Jul 2023, 18:37.
Last edited by 0Lucky0 on 19 Jul 2023, 19:54, edited 1 time in total.
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 149 [1]
Send PM
Kudos
bb, I don't think the issue is with the timers; that's not the reason why the system didn't count my correctly answered points.
I think the reason behind it is that the system only gives points for the correctly answered question if you afterwards didn't change your answer. If you did then you don't get the correct answer points. It's wrong ofcourse, but that's what I think the problem is because clearly, others in top ranks got those correctly answered points or otherwise they wouldn't have achieved those perfect 1090 points on day 1.
Actually, the system doesn't seem to see that you didn't change all the answers because I didn't actually change all the answers, only some, but still, the system only gave me points for just 1 question on both days. So I think the issue lies with answer changing, even if you make 2 or 3 answer changes, the system then doesn't give you points for any of your correct answers and gives you points for just 1 answer.
That's my opinion. :)
Thanks
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 56 [0]
Given Kudos: 12
Send PM
bb
Good part of the day Mr.BB
I am writing to you regarding GMAT competition. First of all, I would like to express my gratitude for the opportunity for gmatclub members to challenge themselves and build solid knowledge through the competition. So, on day 2 of the competition, I have done 30 timers task , but I have not received points for them (50 points for 30 questions under gmat timer). As it was mentioned in your post, I have followed all the instructions of the task to gain the point. I would like to ask you to go through the problem so that there is no technical error. As I am a part of Jack Sparrows team, I am really trying hard to gain points and do my best day and night. Please, help me with the problem. Thank you.

Sincerely,
Saburjon
Founder
Founder
Send PM
Expert Reply
0Lucky0 wrote:
bb, I don't think the issue is with the timers; that's not the reason why the system didn't count my correctly answered points.
I think the reason behind it is that the system only gives points for the correctly answered question if you afterwards didn't change your answer. If you did then you don't get the correct answer points. It's wrong ofcourse, but that's what I think the problem is because clearly, others in top ranks got those correctly answered points or otherwise they wouldn't have achieved those perfect 1090 points on day 1.
Actually, the system doesn't seem to see that you didn't change all the answers because I didn't actually change all the answers, only some, but still, the system only gave me points for just 1 question on both days. So I think the issue lies with answer changing, even if you make 2 or 3 answer changes, the system then doesn't give you points for any of your correct answers and gives you points for just 1 answer.
Thanks

I see. Yes, if you take the question multiple times, the timer saves the last answer but the system only recognizes the first one.
(we are changing this behavior by the way and will count/retain/save every single attempt even if it is a duplicate)

Did you take the timers multiple times for some of the questions? (it is fine if you did but it may not reflect the correct picture since only the FIRST timer is considered)
P.S. My screenshot was irrelevant since that was for today's questions... I am a little tired :dazed
Founder
Founder
Send PM
Expert Reply
Saburjon wrote:
bb
I am writing to you regarding GMAT competition. First of all, I would like to express my gratitude for the opportunity for gmatclub members to challenge themselves and build solid knowledge through the competition. So, on day 2 of the competition, I have done 30 timers task , but I have not received points for them (50 points for 30 questions under gmat timer). As it was mentioned in your post, I have followed all the instructions of the task to gain the point. I would like to ask you to go through the problem so that there is no technical error. As I am a part of Jack Sparrows team, I am really trying hard to gain points and do my best day and night. Please, help me with the problem. Thank you.

Sincerely,
Saburjon

Hi. I checked it. I see that you have not taken 30 timers of PS/DS/CR/SC on July 18th. I don't know how many but not 30.
Let me know if I am off.
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 32 [1]
Given Kudos: 23
Schools: IIMA '25
Send PM
Kudos
If i may pitch in

The probable cause can be only 2

1. The 30 timers were not done with min 6 sec and max 6 mins
2 the timers may have been done but not in the stipulated timelines

I was also doing it wrong

Saburjon wrote:
bb

Sincerely,
Saburjon

Founder
Founder
Own Kudos [?]: 73219 [1]
Send PM
Kudos
Expert Reply
Thank you kamalsharmam21, this is accurate, this would not impact the 30 timers. Only the correct/incorrect timer. Also, While these have existed for years, we are working to remove these limitations for competition since they are a bit obscure, so people who should get their points for answering questions and taking the timers should get them. I need to get the status of this update and recalculation of points (it is a bit tricky and takes time to recalculate).

BB.

kamalsharmam21 wrote:
If i may pitch in

The probable cause can be only 2

1. The 30 timers were not done with min 6 sec and max 6 mins
2 the timers may have been done but not in the stipulated timelines

I was also doing it wrong

Saburjon wrote:
bb

Sincerely,
Saburjon

Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 149 [1]
Send PM
Kudos
bb wrote:
0Lucky0 wrote:
Thanks

I see. Yes, if you take the question multiple times, the timer saves the last answer but the system only recognizes the first one.
(we are changing this behavior by the way and will count/retain/save every single attempt even if it is a duplicate)

Did you take the timers multiple times for some of the questions? (it is fine if you did but it may not reflect the correct picture since only the FIRST timer is considered)
P.S. My screenshot was irrelevant since that was for today's questions... I am a little tired :dazed

The issue is resolved. :) But it seems kudos points have also been made real-time or something? Because the points tally has changed considerably without the official answers being released so the only reason is that kudos points are now being counted real-time as well?

Originally posted by 0Lucky0 on 19 Jul 2023, 21:46.
Last edited by 0Lucky0 on 20 Jul 2023, 07:01, edited 1 time in total.
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 56 [3]
Given Kudos: 12
Send PM
Kudos
bb
kamalsharmam21
Sorry to bother you again, but I tried to figure out how many questions I solved during Competition day 2.
Competition day 2 started on 18 july 8 am pst and day 3 started at 8 am pst on 19 July. If you take a look at my error log between 22:07 18th July and 7:55 19th July , I had done 37 questions, not including competition questions, on GMATclub before the day 3 competition started.
Attachments

Gmatclub timer.png
Gmatclub timer.png [ 205.63 KiB | Viewed 626 times ]

GMAT Club Bot
   1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11   12   13