GMAT Question of the Day - Daily to your Mailbox; hard ones only

It is currently 15 Oct 2019, 14:53

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Close

Request Expert Reply

Confirm Cancel

As previous studies have implied, a new study estimates that one-third

new topic post reply Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
TAGS:

Hide Tags

Find Similar Topics 
Tuck School Moderator
P
GMAT 1: 700 Q49 V37
Reviews Badge
As previous studies have implied, a new study estimates that one-third  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 17 Feb 2019, 09:18
00:00
A
B
C
D
E

Difficulty:

45% (medium)

Question Stats:

55% (01:28) correct 45% (01:39) wrong based on 84 sessions

HideShow timer Statistics

As previous studies have implied, a new study estimates that one-third or even more than one-third of all deaths from Sudden Infant Death Syndrome are due to maternal tobacco use.

A. As previous studies have implied, a new study estimates that one-third or even more than one-third of all deaths from Sudden Infant Death Syndrome are due to maternal tobacco use

B. As previous studies, a new study estimates that at least one-third of all deaths from Sudden Infant Death Syndrome are due to maternal tobacco use

C. A new study estimates that at least one-third of all deaths from Sudden Infant Death Syndrome are due to maternal tobacco use, as previous studies have implied

D. A new study estimates that at least one-third of all deaths from Sudden Infant Death Syndrome are due to maternal tobacco use, as previous studies

E. A new study estimates that at least one-third of all deaths from Sudden Infant Death Syndrome are due to maternal tobacco use, as studies carried out before have implied

G
Re: As previous studies have implied, a new study estimates that one-third  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 17 Feb 2019, 19:22
PeepalTree wrote:
As previous studies have implied, a new study estimates that one-third or even more than one-third of all deaths from Sudden Infant Death Syndrome are due to maternal tobacco use.

Intent: A new study estimates something, that something was implied in a previous study as well.

A. As previous studies have implied, a new study estimates that one-third or even more than one-third of all deaths from Sudden Infant Death Syndrome are due to maternal tobacco use
one -third or even more than one- third is redundant

B. As previous studies, a new study estimates that at least one-third of all deaths from Sudden Infant Death Syndrome are due to maternal tobacco use
Incorrect intent, comparison.

C. A new study estimates that at least one-third of all deaths from Sudden Infant Death Syndrome are due to maternal tobacco use, as previous studies have implied
Correct, as per our intent
A new study estimates, as previous studies have also implied

D. A new study estimates that at least one-third of all deaths from Sudden Infant Death Syndrome are due to maternal tobacco use, as previous studies
Incorrect comparison, results of one study are compared with previous studies

E. A new study estimates that at least one-third of all deaths from Sudden Infant Death Syndrome are due to maternal tobacco use, as studies carried out before have implied
previous studies > studies carried out before

Quote which i can relate to.
Many of life's failures happen with people who do not realize how close they were to success when they gave up.
Intern
Intern
B
Re: As previous studies have implied, a new study estimates that one-third  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 18 Feb 2019, 15:13
Can someone please explain to me why the answer wouldn't be E?

thanks!
Intern
Intern
B
GMAT 1: 710 Q42 V44
GPA: 3.48

Show Tags

New post 18 Feb 2019, 15:20
Lv955 wrote:
Can someone please explain to me why the answer wouldn't be E?

thanks!

while they both effectively say the same thing, C is more concise.
GMAT Club Bot
Re: As previous studies have implied, a new study estimates that one-third   [#permalink] 18 Feb 2019, 15:20

As previous studies have implied, a new study estimates that one-third

new topic post reply Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics