Last visit was: 25 Apr 2024, 18:30 It is currently 25 Apr 2024, 18:30

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
Tags:
Find Similar Topics  Add a Tag
Show Tags
Hide Tags
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 1 [0]
Given Kudos: 18
GPA: 3.69
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 126 [1]
Given Kudos: 84
GPA: 4
WE:Medicine and Health (Health Care)
Send PM
MBA Admissions Consultant
Own Kudos [?]: 494 [0]
Given Kudos: 3
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Re: B School help - which 5 to apply to? [#permalink]
Hi there Bhavik - no problem. I scored a 670 first time, and retook for a 710.
Board of Directors
Own Kudos [?]: 592 [1]
Given Kudos: 347
Send PM
Kudos
Expert Reply
Have you considered UCLA? They'd help you a lot getting to Asia in the area you're interested in
Own Kudos [?]: 494 [1]
Send PM
Kudos
Actually - I'm sorry I even asked. Sometimes posts can get jumbled and I forgot we discussed this on a separate thread here. I assume you aren't planning on retaking it given there was some dissent on that thread. I mentioned it on that thread but congrats on the 710!

Ok, with your background, GMAT, and where you're trying to go, here's what I would suggest.

Stretch: MIT and Kellogg - both of these programs have international brand recognition and the GM/Marketing focuses to help you be successful. Rango is correct in saying Kellogg is engineering friendly and, of course, so is MIT!

Aligned: Columbia and Ross - once again, both have great GM programs. Columbia has the brand name to get you global along with the experiences to make you successful. Ross pulls upon the entire U of M network and, with the right experiential experiences on your resume, could really help you move towards the career path you're targeting. Additionally, both are ranked top 10 within the Marketing specialization.

Safety: UCLA and Tepper - both have strong technology programs which means they have strong networks in these areas. UCLA especially, as aerien mentioned, is respected globally. Additionally, UCLA gives you access to a region that I think might be very interesting to you.

I know you're targeting 5 so I would drop Tepper but I wanted to give you that option as well. I think if you leave this thread with these 5 schools you'll be pushing yourself while giving yourself safer options that wouldn't sacrifice pedigree and would still help you get where you're headed.

Let me know what you're thinking - happy to talk it through.

Bhavik
Intern
Intern
Send PM
All, thank you for your thoughtful responses. It seems like Kellogg, MIT, Columbia are good schools to select from. Is Harvard/Wharton/Stanford too much of a stretch, or do they not align well with my goals post B school?

Thanks!
Saevo
Own Kudos [?]: 494 [0]
Send PM
A little bit of both. If you did want to throw in an application to any of those, I would suggest Wharton given their proclivity towards technology in both backgrounds and focuses. However, MIT & Kellogg are both right there with Wharton and are just better all around fits for you.

Cheers,

Bhavik
GMAT Club Bot
Moderator:
Admitted - Which School Forum Moderator
1131 posts