GMAT Question of the Day: Daily via email | Daily via Instagram New to GMAT Club? Watch this Video

It is currently 11 Jul 2020, 06:41

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Close

Request Expert Reply

Confirm Cancel

B Schools in Germany!

new topic post reply Update application status  
Intern
Intern
B
Schools: Bocconi '19 (M)
B Schools in Germany!  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 09 Apr 2020, 12:10
Any intakes for this year...or any perspective students who are aiming for German B Schools??
Whats your take on the situation and do you think it will be realistic to apply?
ESMT Berlin School Moderator
P
Concentration: Strategy, Technology
GMAT 1: 640 Q50 V25
GMAT ToolKit User Reviews Badge CAT Tests
Re: B Schools in Germany!  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 09 Apr 2020, 21:22
bisheshnaik wrote:
Any intakes for this year...or any perspective students who are aiming for German B Schools??
Whats your take on the situation and do you think it will be realistic to apply?
bisheshnaik,

It's vital to apply and secure your seats even if one is aiming for German B-schools because of the following reasons -
    1) Usually, the sessions start from fall - along the months of Sept, Oct or Jan 2021( for ESMT Berlin).
    We have about 6 months - I am hopeful that by then we would be in a place to better handle such issues of the pandemic or at least mitigate it.

2) The next upcoming batch of 2021 would see a higher surge in applicants since they chose to either defer their admissions or not apply.
    Thus, getting an admit for a seat for the 2021 batch would be tremendously tricky.

3) Historically, during the aftermath of the pandemic, there is a sudden dearth of meaningful jobs as the economy is trying to dampen and overcome the repercussions of the global pandemic. Thus, completing your masters would seem a better idea than to hunt for the job in the frugal market.
    This point can swing in both directions as we do not know how long would it take for the economy to stabilise.

bisheshnaik, your concern is legitimate.
Thus, do connect with the Admission committees and check what their views are.

I am sure this issue requires a holistic understanding to take a judgement call in this time of crisis. :)
Keep us posted!

Stay indoors and safe.
Intern
B
Schools: German MBA (A$)
GMAT 1: 640 Q48 V28

Show Tags

New post 13 Apr 2020, 16:14
bisheshnaik wrote:

Hi bisheshnaik
I'm applying for German B schools for Autumn 2020 intake. It seems to me that it's wiser to do it this year than next year, and XyLan has shared a number of reasons. For me, the worst case will be having the 1st semester conducted online. Hopefully the situation will get better in the next 2/3 months.
But as long as I receive an offer, I'll go for it no matter what.

How's your application going? What are your target schools?
Intern
Intern

Show Tags

New post 22 May 2020, 21:45
bisheshnaik wrote:

I have accepted an offer from WHU for Sept intake. Not sure if I can be there in time though because at the moment the German embassy in my country is still not accepting visa applications almost completely until further notice. These uncertainties are giving me anxiety :(

Posted from my mobile device
Manager
Manager
B
Concentration: Social Entrepreneurship, Technology
GMAT 1: 630 Q45 V32

Show Tags

New post 22 May 2020, 22:34
Hey everyone!

I accepted my admit from HHL Leipzig, Germany in April. Just last week, the school updated us that they have pushed the start date to January 2021.
Though I was upset that the wait to start the MBA will be longer , I am really glad that the school heard us students and delayed the start. This just shows the school’s value system. I could not have picked a better school.
The adcom also conducted zoom sessions and took many questions from us. They have stated that if the situation doesn’t improve then, they may delay it further to March/April. In any case, we will know 4 months in advance so that we can leave our jobs accordingly. Also, The school will provide German courses and Pre-MBA courses on MS Office online starting September.

Even, Mannheim B school Is delaying the start Of their MBA program to January. This info can be found on their website.

Intern
Intern
B

Show Tags

New post 25 May 2020, 03:54
jmailreg - Well I have already graduated. So its fine for me as of now :)
Intern
Intern
B

Show Tags

New post 25 May 2020, 03:56
Gwen2128 Dont worry... all schools are in the same boat
Intern
Intern
B

Show Tags

New post Updated on: 25 May 2020, 04:16

Originally posted by bisheshnaik on 25 May 2020, 03:57.
Last edited by bisheshnaik on 25 May 2020, 04:16, edited 1 time in total.
Intern
Intern
B

Show Tags

New post 25 May 2020, 04:00
If I were you..... my choices in Germany would not deviate out of this 4 choices...

Germany

European School of Management and Technology
Frankfurt School of Finance & Management
Mannheim Business School
TUM School of Management (no full time MBA)

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Triple_accreditation
Intern
Intern
B

Show Tags

New post 25 May 2020, 04:02
Anyways..if anyone has any concerns, queries or and doubts..in regards to visa or college application process or anything...let me know...I stay in Germany.
Manager
Manager
B

Show Tags

New post 25 May 2020, 04:09
You don’t need to be so rude Bisheshnaik alright. I just wanted to share my insights because most schools are starting online. If you don’t like it, that’s just too bad.

Manager
Manager
B

Show Tags

New post 25 May 2020, 04:10
And if you didn’t want people to say what they felt, you shouldn’t have started the thread.

Intern
Intern
B

Show Tags

New post 25 May 2020, 04:15
I am sorry..if I offended you in any way..

Intern
Intern
B

Show Tags

New post 25 May 2020, 04:20
Shrinkhla21 I am sorry if I offended you or was a bit too harsh...the statement you made comparing your school with others, which are actually better was something which I didnt like...I am sorry once again..I am happy for you that you took HHL... but you should not compare and indirectly say that your school was the only one which did take appropriate actions and so on...everyone knows.. about all the B schools and Mannheim is one of the best schools in the country.
This just shows the school’s value system. I could not have picked a better school.
The adcom also conducted zoom sessions and took many questions from us. They have stated that if the situation doesn’t improve then, they may delay it further to March/April. In any case, we will know 4 months in advance so that we can leave our jobs accordingly. Also, The school will provide German courses and Pre-MBA courses on MS Office online starting September.

Even, Mannheim B school Is delaying the start Of their MBA program to January. This info can be found on their website
[u]
.[/u]
Manager
Manager
B

Show Tags

New post 25 May 2020, 04:56
You know I received admits from multiple schools even Frankfurt school ( the one you really like). I got into my dream college Babson, USA. But none of them is delaying the start date. Only HHL did that. So obviously i will be relieved about it right.

I have fought for this for a long time now. But you cannot directly understand the struggles a person is going through for joining MBA. ( again, not saying that graduates are having it easier). Just everyone is at a different stage.

I did not intend to demean any school in any way nor intend to show my school superior. I just showed my happiness and you simply choose to dislike that. Also, i praised Mannheim for the same reason.

Apparently, I had to point it out for you.

Intern
Intern
B

Show Tags

New post 26 May 2020, 12:53
Shrinkhla21 :) .sorry...maybe I misunderstood...I somehow missed your last line and I thought you are not happy with Manheim. I am sorry...I thought otherwise..and was defending Manheim ... I somehow read it wrong..my apologies. anyways..having said that ...you should not leave your dream school just because some other school is delaying the start. ...I mean doesn't make sense. I talk to a lot of current and prospective students ...and the so-called b schools have provided a hybrid model of education or are still discussing delaying the course...depending upon the situation...but Shrinkhla21 debate and arguments aside...if you really got into other good schools...just bcoz HHL is delaying a bit should not be a criterion to take up. I know they give good scholarship and if finance is a concern ..then sure.. but if you have based your selection just on the starting dates...seriously not a good move....and please don't take it negatively ..... There is a high probability that you may get a job...but from a location and brand prospective the location Leipzig is not that good ... no bad intentions here...and once again sorry if I have hurt you...
Intern
Intern
B

Show Tags

New post 26 May 2020, 13:05
Shrinkhla21 having said that...I am sorry once again..and as you have taken admission in HHL ....apart from the place... the college is a cradle for startups and entrepreneurship ...so maybe I did upset a future entrepreneur ..so please forgive me ....and genuinely speaking ...if you need any help ...don't hesitate to approach me... I won't be rude...I promise. :)
#maafi
Manager
Manager
B

Show Tags

New post 26 May 2020, 19:36
That’s alright.
There is another reason to drop Babson and like you mentioned, it is the tuition fee and living expenses.
Since, we were talking about the delay start, that’s the only thing I pointed out.

Intern
Intern
B

Show Tags

New post 26 May 2020, 22:44
Any specific reason as to why not the other european B schools and particularly HHL...was that also because of tuition and living expenses?

Manager
Manager
B

Show Tags

New post 26 May 2020, 23:03
I don’t want to get into the conversation about my life choices on a public platform.

GMAT Club Bot
Re: B Schools in Germany!   [#permalink] 26 May 2020, 23:03

Go to page    1   2    Next  [ 21 posts ] 

B Schools in Germany!

new topic post reply Update application status