GMAT Question of the Day: Daily via email | Daily via Instagram New to GMAT Club? Watch this Video

It is currently 31 May 2020, 06:36

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Close

Request Expert Reply

Confirm Cancel

Babson (no scholarship) vs applying to 2018 batch?

new topic post reply Update application status  
TAGS:

Hide Tags

Find Similar Topics 
Intern
Intern
B
Babson (no scholarship) vs applying to 2018 batch?  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 21 Jun 2017, 14:12
gmat: 700
gpa-3.2
toefl-104
Healthcare
Founder
Founder
V
GMAT 1: 750 Q49 V42
GPA: 3.5
GMAT ToolKit User CAT Tests
Re: Babson (no scholarship) vs applying to 2018 batch?  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 21 Jun 2017, 15:59
Congrats on your admit! I would recommend you review a few of the existing discussions about Babson:
https://gmatclub.com/forum/babson-mba-v ... 42469.html

It is a fallen angel of a program. Unless you are set on entrepreneurship, I would suggest 2018 probably but it depends on which round you applied in - if it was R1 and you tried a bunch of programs and got nowhere, then maybe go but if it was R3, then maybe try again. Also, if you can't wait in your current job and you have to escape a particular situation then go, but if you can improve your career a bit more in the next 3-6 months and improve your application then maybe wait.... there are quite a few things involved and you provided so little info that it is not really possible to help you.
B

Show Tags

New post 21 Jun 2017, 17:29
bb wrote:
Congrats on your admit! I would recommend you review a few of the existing discussions about Babson:
https://gmatclub.com/forum/babson-mba-v ... 42469.html

It is a fallen angel of a program. Unless you are set on entrepreneurship, I would suggest 2018 probably but it depends on which round you applied in - if it was R1 and you tried a bunch of programs and got nowhere, then maybe go but if it was R3, then maybe try again. Also, if you can't wait in your current job and you have to escape a particular situation then go, but if you can improve your career a bit more in the next 3-6 months and improve your application then maybe wait.... there are quite a few things involved and you provided so little info that it is not really possible to help you.

Thanks! Applied in rounds 2-3 to 5 places. Got interviewed in all but not admitted. I'm not the entrepreneurial type but wouldn't mind developing the acumen. There would be nothing new in my application but I can improve upon my gmat score and also hire a better consultant for the essays. I AM trying to escape a situation but not towards a worse situation. And I want to be able to get a job to repay the debt that I'll be in after the MBA.
RSM Erasmus Moderator
V
Concentration: Operations, Strategy
Schools: Erasmus
Reviews Badge CAT Tests

Show Tags

New post 22 Jun 2017, 10:27
silas12 wrote:
gpa-3.2
toefl-104
Healthcare

What is your short and long term goals? What is WE?
Intern
Intern
B
Babson (no scholarship) vs applying to 2018 batch?  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 22 Jun 2017, 16:47
Mo2men wrote:
silas12 wrote:
gpa-3.2
toefl-104
Healthcare

What is your short and long term goals? What is WE?

Short term consulting and long term- start up. WE- 4.5 years (non management), 28/F
RSM Erasmus Moderator
V
Concentration: Operations, Strategy
Schools: Erasmus
Reviews Badge CAT Tests

Show Tags

New post 22 Jun 2017, 19:48
I do not think that Babson will lead you to your goals
I would advise to postponed your application till 2018 and work on your application with admission consultant to avoid any rejection as happened in last season. Also, there is an opportunity to score more in your in GMAT and make your profile attractive to adcoms.

Good luck
GMAT Club Bot
Re: Babson (no scholarship) vs applying to 2018 batch?   [#permalink] 22 Jun 2017, 19:48

Babson (no scholarship) vs applying to 2018 batch?

new topic post reply Update application status  

Moderators: FinanceMan, Regenerate