Last visit was: 23 Apr 2024, 23:48 It is currently 23 Apr 2024, 23:48

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
SORT BY:
Date
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 303 [1]
Given Kudos: 0
Concentration: Finance, Entrepreneurship, Health Care
Schools:Wharton
 Q50  V44
Send PM
SVP
SVP
Own Kudos [?]: 779 [0]
Given Kudos: 548
Schools:Yale SOM 2011 Alum, Kellogg, Booth, Tuck
 Q44  V50
WE 1: IB - Restructuring & Distressed M&A
Send PM
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 303 [0]
Concentration: Finance, Entrepreneurship, Health Care
Schools:Wharton
 Q50  V44
Send PM
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 69 [0]
Concentration: Healthcare
Schools:Attending Stanford
Send PM
Re: Baker, Palmer, Arjay Miller Scholars, and other top 5-10% [#permalink]
I think you could go for it if it would give you some sort of personal satisfaction, a kind of confirmation that you've done a great job. At Stanford, though (don't know about the others), the Arjay Miller awards aren't publicly announced until the day of graduation. I certainly hope you'd have a job by then, so the title won't help you getting your first job. I guess it could help you later on if you try to break into another field (say, transition to HF or something), but the network you've developed at B-school would be just as helpful, if not much more helpful, in making such a move. Having a named honor isn't likely to help you much in advancing within a given firm or industry either; that'll be based on your performance and ability to communicate/schmooze with others.
SVP
SVP
Own Kudos [?]: 779 [0]
Given Kudos: 548
Schools:Yale SOM 2011 Alum, Kellogg, Booth, Tuck
 Q44  V50
WE 1: IB - Restructuring & Distressed M&A
Send PM
zoinnk wrote:
Does it say "ninkorn, MS, CPA, CMA, CIA, CFA Level I" on your business card? That would be awesome, but you'll always be our gmatclub laughingstock :P

It will say Master Ninkorn,
MS, CPA, CMA, CIA, and CFA soon enough........... :twisted:

Gonna make some and give it out on my orientation day to classmates....
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 59 [0]
Given Kudos: 10
Send PM
You need to know your stuff well enough to where others will acknowledge you, but not be arrogant to where your peers will exclude you even though your smart.

Grade, and %'s didn't really do much for me. To me, UG was about meeting the right individuals I had a 'fit' with to pursue greater and bigger things out of life.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 12 [0]
Given Kudos: 6
Send PM
having talked to dozens of alumni from hbs and stanford, i conclude it pretty much means nothing. no one cares. it may validate the fact that you are a smart person, but other than that, means nothing. tons of extremely smart 3.8+ 730+ gmat kids got into b-school, employers for the most part don't really care whether you spent time studying for grades in b-school, they care more about what you learned and how it affects your perspective, framework, etc

the only award i could see making a slight difference is the siebel award at gsb, where you are one of the top 5 students in the class after the first year, because it is announced in the fall right when job interviews are happening, it might help land you an interview with a hedge fund or pe shop, but by no means will get you a job.

that said some of you who are going to b school and thinking about bombing it should also consider that if you dont study at all and just screw around, you are throwing away your education. so for your own self-satisfaction and getting value out of your money, i would spend some time studying as well.

nink you crack me up. good luck at your i bank this summer. your work ethic will shine in that environment because it really is about competing to be better and competing to get a return offer.
GMAT Club Bot