It is currently 21 Feb 2018, 22:40

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Close

Request Expert Reply

Confirm Cancel

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

Best time to give GMAT - universities in India & abroad

new topic post reply Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
Manager
Manager
S
Concentration: Technology, Operations
GMAT 1: 530 Q48 V17
GPA: 3.83
WE: Information Technology (Computer Software)
GMAT ToolKit User
Best time to give GMAT - universities in India & abroad [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 25 Mar 2017, 01:23
Hi,

Can anyone help me with my query please?

I reside in India. And I want to apply to both Indian IIMs (IIM-A,B,C etc) as well as US Universities.
I want to know what should be the best time to give GMAT so that I could be able to apply to both Indian and US universities?

I am ready for a GMAT but I haven't schedule, because struggling to find a good time.

I planned to give GMAT in march itself, but Some people told me that its not useful if you give GMAT in March, you should head for it in May/June, because the application deadlines starts from then and my scores will be directly considered as I send them to universities through the exam.

Is it true? Please help as I want to schedule the month having a month in hand from now.

Many thanks.

===================

Hit Kudos if you like my post.
Expert Post
1 KUDOS received
EMPOWERgmat Instructor
D
Affiliations: EMPOWERgmat
GMAT 1: 800 Q51 V49
GRE 1: 340 Q170 V170
Re: Best time to give GMAT - universities in India & abroad [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 25 Mar 2017, 11:36
This post received
KUDOS
Expert's post
Hi mrinal0308,

Your Official GMAT Score is valid for 5 years and Business Schools do NOT care 'how recent' your score is (meaning that a score earned yesterday is just as meaningful as one earned 4 years ago). Thus, when it comes to scheduling your Official GMAT appointment, you should think in terms of your overall 'readiness' to face the Exam. Many Test Takers spend 3 months (or more) of consistent study time before they hit their 'peak' scores, so you might want to factor that in to when you plan to take the GMAT.

1) How long have you studied?
2) What materials have you used?
3) How have you scored on each of your CATs (including the Quant and Verbal Scaled Scores)?
4) What is your goal score?

GMAT assassins aren't born, they're made,
Rich

760+: Learn What GMAT Assassins Do to Score at the Highest Levels
Contact Rich at: Rich.C@empowergmat.com

Rich Cohen

Co-Founder & GMAT Assassin

Special Offer: Save $75 + GMAT Club Tests Free
  Official GMAT Exam Packs + 70 Pt. Improvement Guarantee
www.empowergmat.com/

***********************Select EMPOWERgmat Courses now include ALL 6 Official GMAC CATs!***********************

1 KUDOS received
D
Concentration: General Management, Technology
GMAT 1: 540 Q45 V20
GPA: 2.49
WE: Information Technology (Computer Software)
Premium Member CAT Tests
Re: Best time to give GMAT - universities in India & abroad [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 25 Mar 2017, 12:12
This post received
KUDOS
mrinal0308 wrote:
Hi,

Can anyone help me with my query please?

I reside in India. And I want to apply to both Indian IIMs (IIM-A,B,C etc) as well as US Universities.
I want to know what should be the best time to give GMAT so that I could be able to apply to both Indian and US universities?

I am ready for a GMAT but I haven't schedule, because struggling to find a good time.

I planned to give GMAT in march itself, but Some people told me that its not useful if you give GMAT in March, you should head for it in May/June, because the application deadlines starts from then and my scores will be directly considered as I send them to universities through the exam.

Is it true? Please help as I want to schedule the month having a month in hand from now.

Many thanks.

===================

Hit Kudos if you like my post.

Deadlines (to apply in 2016)

IIMA - Sep-12 (R1) and Nov-15 (R2)
IIMB - Aug-31 (R1) and Dec-05 (R2)
ISB - Oct-15 (R1) and Jan-15 (R2)

IIMA quoted - GMAT scores are valid for five years from the test date to the application deadline date of the round in the candidate is appliying. The earliest acceptable GMAT test date for the two rounds are for R1 September 11, 2011 and for R2
November 14, 2011
IIMB quoted -Your GMAT or GRE test date must fall on or between September 1, 2011 and August 31, 2016 for R1 AND December 6, 2011 and December 5, 2016
for R2

As GMAT score is valid for 5 years, you may take it whenever you want. the 5 schools you select when you give the exam, will get that score. Sending your score to tthe target schools saves you money.

you need to spend around $28 to send the score to the school you're going to apply. so overall you save $140 for 5 schools.

Now that we can cancel the score in which case your score will not be sent, its in your favour to DO CHOOSE the schools of your choice.

So best time to get done with GMAT at the earliest so that you can spend enough time to write the applications and apply in R1.

---------------------------------------------------------------
Target - 720-740
http://gmatclub.com/forum/information-on-new-gmat-esr-report-beta-221111.html
http://gmatclub.com/forum/list-of-one-year-full-time-mba-programs-222103.html

Re: Best time to give GMAT - universities in India & abroad   [#permalink] 25 Mar 2017, 12:12

Best time to give GMAT - universities in India & abroad

new topic post reply Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  

GMAT Club MBA Forum Home| About| Terms and Conditions| GMAT Club Rules| Contact| Sitemap