It is currently 23 Feb 2018, 04:14

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Close

Request Expert Reply

Confirm Cancel

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

Calling all [[Michigan (Ross)]] 2008 applicants...

new topic post reply Update application status  
TAGS:

Hide Tags

Director
Director
Re: Calling all [[Michigan (Ross)]] 2008 applicants... [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 21 Apr 2008, 06:33
livingfossil wrote:
Is there a thread on apt hunting?

I visited 5 places and am deciding between (1) Woodbury, (2) a further away place with a racquetball court, pool table, and sauna and (3) a closer place w/ indoor pool and sauna.

I drive a 4wd SUV so driving (I hope) should not be too much of an issue with the places about 4 miles away. However, seeing how many MBA students live at Woodbury, I very well might just want to join the mob.

Any thoughts, guys and gals? Thanks...

We'll be at Woodbury. I liked some of the other apartments more, but Woodbury's advantages of (1) location (2) huge group of fellow MBAs and (3) reduced summer rent are too much for me to ignore. Now I just have to keep my wife from trying to talk me into one of the 2 bedroom townhouses. :-D
Director
Director

Show Tags

New post 21 Apr 2008, 06:38
Oh, FYI Dosa I bought golf clubs this weekend. I suck. You have your work cut out for you.
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Schools: Darden '15
GMAT Date: 12-07-2011

Show Tags

New post 21 Apr 2008, 06:47
hey toDoorNot, one thing you don't have to worry about is the I-20, as long as you provide the money for personal expenses during the summer (about 7.7K) they will issue an I-20 for sure :).
But I agree that getting a visa is not guaranteed. And, I don't think you need a letter from your current employer for the visa interview.
I think the best way to approach the visa interview is to be prepared with everything (bring as many proofs/documentation as you think is necessary) but don't show anything untill they ask for it. Because the more docs you just throw at them the more you are going to confuse them.

GO BLUE !!!

Senior Manager
Senior Manager

Show Tags

New post 21 Apr 2008, 07:08
Thanks Darden.. While it might not be necessary for Visa, i was wondering if the relieving letter is a requirement by the school to enroll in classes (am just paranoid) and also for recruitment later on.

I am a little concerned abt the loan piece. Ideally, i want to get a Visa by June end, but the loan app will be available only by mid July. :? thats cutting it too fine, if i have to be in School for Aug.
Current Student

Show Tags

New post 21 Apr 2008, 07:17
oh oh...:) should be fun- am sure you will do just fine. I am in the process of "updating" my clubs- been swapping my old ones around and getting some new ones. My excuse to my wife: " I wont be able to do this once school starts" (which seems to be the excuse for EVERYTHING!). But atleast its keeping me occupied. My aim is to drop my handicap to less than 10 by August :)

bherronp wrote:
Oh, FYI Dosa I bought golf clubs this weekend. I suck. You have your work cut out for you.
Current Student

Show Tags

New post 21 Apr 2008, 07:24
I am trying to send in my enrollment form today and am waiting to hear back from the adcom on a question i had posted: If my wife is on a H1 visa, she is NOT my dependent, right? Anyone have any insight on this?

Also- for internationals, what do we need to send in with the enrollment form?
Current Student
WE 1: Hi-tech Product Development

Show Tags

New post 21 Apr 2008, 10:32
Dosa, we internationals need to fax in a copy of our passport with our enrollment decision form.

GMAT Club Premium Membership - big benefits and savings

Senior Manager
Senior Manager

Show Tags

New post 21 Apr 2008, 12:09
hey toDoorNot, about the loan... you don't actually have to wait for the loan to be approved before you apply for a visa. The U of Mich will just send you a letter in which it will say that the loan is guaranteed to every student and you can apply for a visa with that letter, and later on (in July) you will get the loan approved.

Unless Citi goes bancrupt I think we should all get the loan approved. And I am not joking about the bancrupcy because in the last two quarters Citi had 9 and 5 billion losses :(

toDoorNot wrote:
Thanks Darden.. While it might not be necessary for Visa, i was wondering if the relieving letter is a requirement by the school to enroll in classes (am just paranoid) and also for recruitment later on.

I am a little concerned abt the loan piece. Ideally, i want to get a Visa by June end, but the loan app will be available only by mid July. :? thats cutting it too fine, if i have to be in School for Aug.

GO BLUE !!!

SVP
SVP
Schools: Ross '10

Show Tags

New post 21 Apr 2008, 16:02
If your wife is on an H1 and doesn't need an F visa, then she needn't be mentioned as a dependent on your I-20.

dosa_don wrote:
I am trying to send in my enrollment form today and am waiting to hear back from the adcom on a question i had posted: If my wife is on a H1 visa, she is NOT my dependent, right? Anyone have any insight on this?

Also- for internationals, what do we need to send in with the enrollment form?
Senior Manager
Senior Manager

Show Tags

New post 22 Apr 2008, 00:17
Darden2010 wrote:
Unless Citi goes bancrupt I think we should all get the loan approved. And I am not joking about the bancrupcy because in the last two quarters Citi had 9 and 5 billion losses :(

This is the biggest concern in the whole process. From the other point of view, if Citi stays in business, graduate student loans are good enough to have in their portfolio, aren't they?
VP
VP
Schools: Chicago Booth

Show Tags

New post 22 Apr 2008, 23:07
OK, now it's official. I have just faxed the Enrollment form, with an X next to "No, I do not plan to enroll" and followed it with a personal "Thank you" letter to my contact in the Office of Admissions.
I do not have "what if" sentiments, but I do feel sad...
Ross will always keep a special place in my heart, not only because they were my 1st admit, but because the school successfully demonstrated it's supportive community feel. I also regret that I won't have such wonderful people as you guys and gals as my classmates this Fall.
Good luck!
GO BLUE!
Senior Manager
Senior Manager

Show Tags

New post 23 Apr 2008, 02:35
helg, we shall miss you much!
Current Student

Show Tags

New post 23 Apr 2008, 03:18
R.E.D. wrote:
Darden2010 wrote:

This is the biggest concern in the whole process. From the other point of view, if Citi stays in business, graduate student loans are good enough to have in their portfolio, aren't they?

Guys, Citi has a $2 trillion balance sheet. That is like 2000 billion. So even if the losses look huge, it still has to go a LONG way to be bankrupt. and With helicopter ben all set to recover banks, it is a remote possibility. Dont worry.
Current Student

Show Tags

New post 23 Apr 2008, 06:28
Will Citi get split up- sure...
Will CitiAssist get sold to someone else- sure...
Will Citi face more losses- sure...
Will Citi hire fewer people- sure...
Will Citi recruit less from b-schools- Sure..
Will Citi get bankrupt-that will be a huge deal IMO. If Citi does go bankrupt, we will have bigger problems than our loans I think. As Saurabh pointed out, its balance sheet is HUGE. Some of the goverments and sovereign investment funds will go belly up.

So...dont think it is ever going to happen (but then, never say never). But even then, even if Citi goes BK, how does it impact our loans? we can all take free money ;)
Senior Manager
Senior Manager

Show Tags

New post 23 Apr 2008, 06:41
Well... what I wanted to say is that our CitiAssist loans are not 100% sure, we have to get them approved after July and I just hope something shitty does not happen to citi by then.

And also, the balance sheet does not determine who goes bancrupt. You can have buildings and receivables worth trillion dollars, but if you cannot cover your liabilities you go bancrupt. So... the fact that Citi's Income Statement has been in the red lately worries me.

dosa_don wrote:
Will Citi get bankrupt-that will be a huge deal IMO. If Citi does go bankrupt, we will have bigger problems than our loans I think. As Saurabh pointed out, its balance sheet is HUGE. Some of the goverments and sovereign investment funds will go belly up.

So...dont think it is ever going to happen (but then, never say never). But even then, even if Citi goes BK, how does it impact our loans? we can all take free money ;)

GO BLUE !!!

Current Student

Show Tags

New post 23 Apr 2008, 06:48
1- Dont think there are many banks that are making money- so I guess the rest of them will also be scary.
2- Northwest and Delta posted a $10B loss today- so I take it you are worried about flying on them :)

Darden2010 wrote:
Well... what I wanted to say is that our CitiAssist loans are not 100% sure, we have to get them approved after July and I just hope something shitty does not happen to citi by then.

And also, the balance sheet does not determine who goes bancrupt. You can have buildings and receivables worth trillion dollars, but if you cannot cover your liabilities you go bancrupt. So... the fact that Citi's Income Statement has been in the red lately worries me.

dosa_don wrote:

Senior Manager
Senior Manager

Show Tags

New post 23 Apr 2008, 09:08
well ... it looks like you have to be really crazy to be worried about getting your loan approved nowdays.... since even airlines are not making money

dosa_don wrote:
1- Dont think there are many banks that are making money- so I guess the rest of them will also be scary.
2- Northwest and Delta posted a $10B loss today- so I take it you are worried about flying on them :)

GO BLUE !!!

Current Student
WE 1: Hi-tech Product Development

Show Tags

New post 28 Apr 2008, 08:46
My docs for the I-20 are somewhere between NY and AA now. Anyone got their I-20 yet?

GMAT Club Premium Membership - big benefits and savings

Intern
Intern

Show Tags

New post 28 Apr 2008, 09:51
I've been lurking here for awhile now and I think gmatclub is really useful! In fact I check the boards so often that it now shows up before gmail in my address bar! :oops:

Anyways, I was waitlisted at Ross, and I just sent in my update letter. I was just wondering if there was a list comprised of who is matriculating at Ross and who is not. I saw one on the Chicago GSB thread (page 1) and thought it was very useful (especially for folks like me who are hoping to get in off the waitlist!). I saw the thread "Class of 2010...who's going where" but it is nice to see how many people were admitted and later withdrew. I'd be happy to compile one, but I just want to make sure the list didn't already exist.

Thank you!! Hopefully I'll get in off the waitlist and will meet some of you at Ross!
1 KUDOS received
Senior Manager
Senior Manager

Show Tags

New post 28 Apr 2008, 12:51
This post received
KUDOS
post deleted due to a threat I received in my imbox

Angel652001 wrote:
I've been lurking here for awhile now and I think gmatclub is really useful! In fact I check the boards so often that it now shows up before gmail in my address bar! :oops:

Anyways, I was waitlisted at Ross, and I just sent in my update letter. I was just wondering if there was a list comprised of who is matriculating at Ross and who is not. I saw one on the Chicago GSB thread (page 1) and thought it was very useful (especially for folks like me who are hoping to get in off the waitlist!). I saw the thread "Class of 2010...who's going where" but it is nice to see how many people were admitted and later withdrew. I'd be happy to compile one, but I just want to make sure the list didn't already exist.

Thank you!! Hopefully I'll get in off the waitlist and will meet some of you at Ross!

GO BLUE !!!

Last edited by Darden2010 on 30 Apr 2008, 01:57, edited 2 times in total.
Re: Calling all [[Michigan (Ross)]] 2008 applicants...   [#permalink] 28 Apr 2008, 12:51

Go to page   Previous    1  ...  93   94   95   96   97  ...  104    Next  [ 2061 posts ] 

Calling all [[Michigan (Ross)]] 2008 applicants...

new topic post reply Update application status  

Moderator: Hatakekakashi

GMAT Club MBA Forum Home| About| Terms and Conditions| GMAT Club Rules| Contact| Sitemap