It is currently 21 Oct 2017, 13:12

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Close

Request Expert Reply

Confirm Cancel

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

Calling all [[Michigan (Ross)]] 2008 applicants...

new topic post reply Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
TAGS:

Hide Tags

Senior Manager
Senior Manager

Kudos [?]: 18 [0], given: 1

Schools: Ross 2010
Re: Calling all [[Michigan (Ross)]] 2008 applicants... [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 19 Jun 2008, 09:40
The below quotes are if you live in one of the complexes further out. Walking distance to campus is not as modern and more expensive.
One bedrooms around 900-1000
Two bedrooms not sure of the range, but we are paying 1500

For my place the pluses are it's a 5 minute walk to campus, furnished, and includes all utilities.

bherronp wrote:
quiver wrote:
First time poster here...can you guys let me know what is the range of apartment rent for
1. one bedroom
2. two bedrooms ?

thanks!

1 Bedrooms are about 700-800
2 Bedrooms are right around 1k

Current Student

Kudos [?]: 72 [0], given: 3

WE 1: Hi-tech Product Development

Show Tags

New post 19 Jun 2008, 11:12
I'm staying about 0.6 KM (~7 minutes) from School and paying $2.4K + utils for a 4 bedroom house. Skaballet was spot on with the rents close to campus. From what I found out, about $900 for a 1 bedroom and about $1.4K for a 2 bedroom.

GMAT Club Premium Membership - big benefits and savings

Intern
Intern

Kudos [?]: [0], given: 0

Show Tags

New post 19 Jun 2008, 13:01
Thank you guys!

Senior Manager
Senior Manager

Kudos [?]: 22 [0], given: 0

Schools: Darden '15
GMAT Date: 12-07-2011

Show Tags

New post 21 Jun 2008, 07:37
so am I the only homeless rossie on gmatclub?

.... I just cannot seem to find something nice enough for little money :(

GO BLUE !!!

Manager
Manager

Kudos [?]: 6 [0], given: 0

Schools: University of Michigan - Ross 2010

Show Tags

New post 21 Jun 2008, 16:33
I am 3.5 miles from the campus, right next to a bus line. Very new, large apartment. 800 SQFT for a 1 bedroom. Dishwasher/storage in the unit. Pool, tennis, private lake and management mail room etc. After all the freebies it is around 650 + utilities. I have a car which enabled me to make the decision to live off campus. I may as well regret it, but oh well it is only a 9 month lease...

After 1 hour commute each way, every day in Chicago, a 15 minute bus ride is a breeze!

Kudos [?]: 6 [0], given: 0

Senior Manager
Senior Manager

Show Tags

New post 21 Jun 2008, 18:22
In other news I just found out we have a 2 week spring break next year :)

Current Student

Show Tags

New post 21 Jun 2008, 21:01
skaballet wrote:

Woot! Where did you hear this?!?

@ Darden: I don't know your definition of 'little' is, but there are (or at least were 2 weeks ago) a number of places about 0.7 Mi - 1 Mi from school that go for about $650 per head.

Senior Manager
Senior Manager

Show Tags

New post 22 Jun 2008, 01:21
Manylander, congrats you seem to have found a really good deal !!! and congrats on Turkey advancing to the semi-finals of EURO 2008 :) I have heard that they have lead only 9 minuties in all games that they played and yet they are in the semi-finals :) such an accomplishment !

KK, are these 650 apartments in some little houses? My problem is, is that I want to live in an apartment complex :) I am not a big fan of little houses divided into apartments, or sharing a house :). My definition of a little money is something up to like 750. So I have applied to one complex last week, let's hope that works out .... because there was this complex that I really liked 2 weeks ago but unfortunatelly they didn't have anything available and I ended up 18th on the waiting list !!! :(

GO BLUE !!!

Senior Manager
Senior Manager

Show Tags

New post 22 Jun 2008, 08:41
My Mtrek leader told me about it. But there was also a link to the academic calendar on the google groups at some point so you can see it there.

KingKREEP wrote:
skaballet wrote:

Woot! Where did you hear this?!?

@ Darden: I don't know your definition of 'little' is, but there are (or at least were 2 weeks ago) a number of places about 0.7 Mi - 1 Mi from school that go for about $650 per head.

GMAT Club Legend
GMAT Club Legend

Kudos [?]: 762 [0], given: 5

Schools: Kellogg Alum: Class of 2010

Show Tags

New post 22 Jun 2008, 17:24
All these posts about prices for housing in AA is making me jealous...I am sure most of us in Chicago/Evanston are paying 50-100% more. My 1 bedroom condo is 1800, that includes heat and AC at least and allows my dog but I would say I know most folks are paying 1200+ for a 1 bed and 2k+ for a 2 bed.

Kellogg Class of 2010...still active and willing to help. However, I do not do profile reviews, don't offer predictions on chances and am far to busy to review essays, so save the energy of writing me a PM seeking help for these. If I don't respond to a PM that is not one of the previously mentioned trash can destined messages, please don't take it personally I get so many messages I have a hard to responding to most. The more interesting, compelling, or humorous you message the more likely I am to respond.

Manager
Manager

Kudos [?]: 19 [0], given: 0

Show Tags

New post 22 Jun 2008, 17:55
Ah, River -- Although no question Evanton/Chicago is more expensive than Ann Arbor, most of the MBAs are living off campus -- far enough where they cannot walk.

If we lived further south from Kellogg, I think we could reduce rent by a couple hundred a month. Not saying it would make things equal, but I bet 1 bedrooms closer to the U-M campus would be more than $700/month. Especially nice ones.

Kudos [?]: 19 [0], given: 0

GMAT Club Legend
GMAT Club Legend

Schools: Kellogg Alum: Class of 2010

Show Tags

New post 22 Jun 2008, 19:04
True thats not something I really was thinking of. I think our building is one of the closer to Jacobs, its only like a 10 minute walk.

Kellogg Class of 2010...still active and willing to help. However, I do not do profile reviews, don't offer predictions on chances and am far to busy to review essays, so save the energy of writing me a PM seeking help for these. If I don't respond to a PM that is not one of the previously mentioned trash can destined messages, please don't take it personally I get so many messages I have a hard to responding to most. The more interesting, compelling, or humorous you message the more likely I am to respond.

Current Student

Show Tags

New post 22 Jun 2008, 21:07
Darden2010 wrote:
KK, are these 650 apartments in some little houses? My problem is, is that I want to live in an apartment complex :) I am not a big fan of little houses divided into apartments, or sharing a house :). My definition of a little money is something up to like 750. So I have applied to one complex last week, let's hope that works out .... because there was this complex that I really liked 2 weeks ago but unfortunatelly they didn't have anything available and I ended up 18th on the waiting list !!! :(

Unfortunately, yes. Most of the apartments I saw were houses divided up into apartments. But I did see a couple which were apartment complexes. If you go with a 2 BD, $750 per head inclusive of everything should definitely be possible. OTOH, if you are thinking of a 1 BD, nothing less than $900 for a nice place close to campus (i.e. if places are still available).

Intern
Intern

Show Tags

New post 23 Jun 2008, 20:41
So here's my story...

I just got off the waitlist (international) and am very excited to be attending Ross this Fall. I went through all the messages on this board and am excited to be among such an enthusiastic and encouraging group!

Knowing that I just got admitted, I do not have access to the admitted student portal yet. But I am anxious to get my housing needs resolved. Any suggestions on where I can start looking for apartments and room-mates?

Director
Director

Kudos [?]: 28 [0], given: 0

Schools: Chicago Booth 2010

Show Tags

New post 23 Jun 2008, 21:05
quiver wrote:
So here's my story...

I just got off the waitlist (international) and am very excited to be attending Ross this Fall. I went through all the messages on this board and am excited to be among such an enthusiastic and encouraging group!

Knowing that I just got admitted, I do not have access to the admitted student portal yet. But I am anxious to get my housing needs resolved. Any suggestions on where I can start looking for apartments and room-mates?

have you checked the ross 2010 facebook page?

Kudos [?]: 28 [0], given: 0

SVP
SVP

Kudos [?]: 204 [0], given: 1

Schools: Ross '10

Show Tags

New post 23 Jun 2008, 21:09
Congratulations! Welcome.

While you wait for access to admitted students portal(assuming you mean the Ross intranet by this), you can sign up for the Ross google group using the link below.

http://groups.google.com/group/RossMBA_2010

There are folks there looking for roommates , so you may be able to find someone. If you plan to stay alone or with family, then get cracking on the apartment search right away. Woodbury gardens and Ponds @ Georgetown seem to get a lot of attention. Check them out!

http://woodburygardens.com/
Cant seem to find the ponds website.

Also, please tell us a little about yourself and update your profile on the Fall 2008 applicants thread.

103-t53748

quiver wrote:
So here's my story...

Kudos [?]: 204 [0], given: 1

Current Student

Show Tags

New post 23 Jun 2008, 23:29
quiver wrote:
I got into Ross!

Congratulations! Here are some of the housing options commonly looked at by MBAs at Ross:

Wilson White Management: http://www.wilsonwhitemanagement.com/
Woodbury Gardens: http://www.woodburygardens.com/
BartonBrook Management: http://www.bartonbrook.com/

Intern
Intern

Show Tags

New post 23 Jun 2008, 23:54
KingKREEP wrote:
quiver wrote:
I got into Ross!

Congratulations! Here are some of the housing options commonly looked at by MBAs at Ross:

Wilson White Management: http://www.wilsonwhitemanagement.com/
Woodbury Gardens: http://www.woodburygardens.com/
BartonBrook Management: http://www.bartonbrook.com/

Thank you guys!

Senior Manager
Senior Manager

Show Tags

New post 24 Jun 2008, 02:03
Hey, have you looked at the Housing Survey?

Here is the link to it

http://www.bus.umich.edu/StudentLife/St ... BALive.htm

GO BLUE !!!

Director
Director

Kudos [?]: 17 [0], given: 0

Show Tags

New post 24 Jun 2008, 11:14
My wife's company decided to let her work remotely from AA. They're a small company with only 2 offices and officially frown on working off site, so this was kind of a surprise, but very good news. Our budget will still be tight, but considering how heavily we have saved over the last 1.5 years, we should be in good shape. :-D :-D

Kudos [?]: 17 [0], given: 0

Re: Calling all [[Michigan (Ross)]] 2008 applicants...   [#permalink] 24 Jun 2008, 11:14

Go to page   Previous    1  ...  98   99   100   101   102   103   104    Next  [ 2061 posts ] 

Calling all [[Michigan (Ross)]] 2008 applicants...

new topic post reply Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  

Moderators: OasisGC, aeropower, bb10

GMAT Club MBA Forum Home| About| Terms and Conditions| GMAT Club Rules| Contact| Sitemap