It is currently 19 Nov 2017, 23:35

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Close

Request Expert Reply

Confirm Cancel

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

Calling all [[Michigan (Ross)]] 2008 applicants...

new topic post reply Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
TAGS:

Hide Tags

Senior Manager
Senior Manager

Kudos [?]: 4 [0], given: 0

Re: Calling all Michigan 2008 applicants... [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 12 Jan 2008, 06:59
dosa_don wrote:
The painful part though would be to root for Michigan football :( Being a Nittany Lion myself, have always hated Michigan football team (considering that the Lions are 0-9 since they joined the big 10). Oh well- small price to pay for an admit :)

It's easy... from now until you matriculate, repeat this to yourself - I LOVE THE BLUE!! GO BLUE! WOLVERINES!! WOLVERINES!!! WOLVERINES!!!

Kudos [?]: 4 [0], given: 0

Manager
Manager

Kudos [?]: 19 [0], given: 0

Show Tags

New post 12 Jan 2008, 07:20
dosa_don wrote:
Thanks guys, I echo Clobo's statement that it would have been impossible without the help and support of this whole forum.

Clobo: I am definitely attending GBR and excited about Ross and look forward to meeting everyone there.

First off Dosa, PSU did beat Michigan quite a bit in its few years in the conference. The whole 0-9 mark started in 1997 I think (for those questioning my math, PSU-Michigan have not played every year). That said, as a Michigan student, you will learn the following motto: "We OWN ....PENN STATE!"

You all will love Michigan. If I wasn't looking for a different graduate school experience, I would have applied there myself.

Kudos [?]: 19 [0], given: 0

Current Student

Kudos [?]: 31 [0], given: 0

Show Tags

New post 12 Jan 2008, 07:25
I agee MGO :) but I am so accustomed to expect a L come the game against Michigan. Well, I could root for PSU every game but the one against UM :)

GMAT Club Legend
GMAT Club Legend

Kudos [?]: 765 [0], given: 5

Schools: Kellogg Alum: Class of 2010

Show Tags

New post 12 Jan 2008, 07:30
Dosa, just think how someone who is an Ohio state fan.

Kellogg Class of 2010...still active and willing to help. However, I do not do profile reviews, don't offer predictions on chances and am far to busy to review essays, so save the energy of writing me a PM seeking help for these. If I don't respond to a PM that is not one of the previously mentioned trash can destined messages, please don't take it personally I get so many messages I have a hard to responding to most. The more interesting, compelling, or humorous you message the more likely I am to respond.
GMAT Club Premium Membership - big benefits and savings

Senior Manager
Senior Manager

Kudos [?]: 22 [0], given: 0

Schools: Darden '15
GMAT Date: 12-07-2011

Show Tags

New post 12 Jan 2008, 07:40
hmm I read the R1 phone interview posts, and the interview seems really short about 5 questions?!?!?! I tend to talk too much so I want to keep track of # of minutes I spend per question.... sooo based on my calculations it takes about 5 min to answer one question, is this the feeling you guys also have?

GO BLUE !!!

Last edited by Darden2010 on 19 Jan 2008, 13:22, edited 1 time in total.

Current Student

Show Tags

New post 12 Jan 2008, 07:42
haha true. In fact I do know of a friend's friend who did his MS at OSU And then his mba at Ross.

Frankly its not a huge deal I am sure but for the game when Michigan and PSU play.

Talking about b10, assuming I do matriculate at Ross, we should all get together for a UM-NW football game sometime! :)

riverripper wrote:
Dosa, just think how someone who is an Ohio state fan.

Current Student

Show Tags

New post 12 Jan 2008, 07:48
Well I thought my interview was short but it was atleast 20-25 minutes total. I was asked 6-7 questions for about 15 minutes and then since I felt I did not do a good job highlighting some of the points I wanted to make in the questions, I throw those into my questions to the adcomm.

The other thing to note is- a lot depends on the interviewer. If you get someone who probes a little, then your interview will be longer. Having said that, I think Ross does schedule interviews for 30 minutes and they are pretty strict about the time.

I would avoid rescheduling if at all possible but if your conflict is something you cannot avoid, then I would get in touch with the adcomm and then reschedule the interview. I dont think it is going to be a huge problem now, considering all the slots currently are free/open.

Darden2010 wrote:
hmm I read the R1 phone interview posts, and the interview seems really short about 5 questions?!?!?! I tend to talk too much so I want to keep track of # of minutes I spend per question.... sooo based on my calculations it takes about 5 min to answer one question, is this the feeling you guys also have?

Also I have a very important question:
I had to reschedule my interview (very baddddd thing to do), and I wanted to ask you how I should appologize about the rescheduling
a) appologize at the end of the interview when they ask for my questions
b) write an email to the adcom and the interview office

what do you all think? I am in a pickle :( :no

Senior Manager
Senior Manager

Show Tags

New post 12 Jan 2008, 07:54
Thanks don_dosa!

About the recheduling, I have already rescheduled (done deal), I just had to do it. And I did it online with my confirmation code that I got from my first scheduled i-view. But my question is how I should appologize? over the phone during the i-view or over email directly to the adcom? I feel I should appologize somehow/ to somebody :(

GO BLUE !!!

Current Student

Show Tags

New post 12 Jan 2008, 08:11
I would probably not worry about it now. When you send in a thank you note to your interviewer, just comment on their flexibility. But again, someone else might have a different opinion.

1 KUDOS received
Current Student

Kudos [?]: 23 [1], given: 0

Show Tags

New post 12 Jan 2008, 08:36
This post received
KUDOS
Congratulations to all the other people that were admitted!
Awesome gmatclub track record here!

About rescheduling the interview: I wouldnt worry too much. I am sure this happens to them all the time, and they will see you in a bad light because of it. I would even say if you make too much fuss about it, it looks rather weird. We are all working, busy people with a social life, and sometimes appointments have to be rescheduled. happens every day.

kryzak, thanks. are you nervous about the Haas decision in 2 weeks? I cant wait. I really dont know what I do if they admit me, but without any $. Well, lets think about that once decisions are in.

Kudos [?]: 23 [1], given: 0

Senior Manager
Senior Manager

Show Tags

New post 12 Jan 2008, 14:52
Hey guys, some people reported getting admit calls TODAY (saturday) on BW forums. Therefore I want to wish all my gmatclub friends good luck today, and I hope to read about admits today on this forum also ;)

GO BLUE !!!

GMAT Club Legend
GMAT Club Legend

Show Tags

New post 12 Jan 2008, 15:03
dosa_don wrote:
Talking about b10, assuming I do matriculate at Ross, we should all get together for a UM-NW football game sometime! :)

Northwestern at Michigan Football
Saturday, November 15, 2008 at 1:00 PM at Michigan Stadium in Ann Arbor, MI

Kellogg Class of 2010...still active and willing to help. However, I do not do profile reviews, don't offer predictions on chances and am far to busy to review essays, so save the energy of writing me a PM seeking help for these. If I don't respond to a PM that is not one of the previously mentioned trash can destined messages, please don't take it personally I get so many messages I have a hard to responding to most. The more interesting, compelling, or humorous you message the more likely I am to respond.

SVP
SVP

Kudos [?]: 209 [0], given: 1

Schools: Ross '10

Show Tags

New post 12 Jan 2008, 15:26
Guys and Gals: I am very happy to report that I just got the CALL! Needless to say, I am pretty pumped about it.

:woohoo

I was on the verge of giving up, but because of your support and kind words, I hung on. Thank You All! Knowing you made this journey worthwhile. :thanks

Kudos [?]: 209 [0], given: 1

Senior Manager
Senior Manager

Kudos [?]: 70 [0], given: 0

Show Tags

New post 12 Jan 2008, 15:33
NC, that is tremendous news! Nothing like a dream come true!

GMAT Club Legend
GMAT Club Legend

Show Tags

New post 12 Jan 2008, 15:34
Amazing news NC...time to go out and celebrate tonight.

Since you are a mod you can even update yourself on the first page of this thread and the comprehensive school list.

Senior Manager
Senior Manager

Show Tags

New post 12 Jan 2008, 15:38
How about the love that Ross is showing to GMAT Clubbers? You'd think they have adcoms patrolling this thread and their just snatching up Clubbers left and right.

Current Student

Kudos [?]: 26 [0], given: 0

Show Tags

New post 12 Jan 2008, 15:52
prasad,

I am really very happy for you. Great job !! The best part is that Ross was one of your top choices !!
This proves once again that we shouldn't lose hope till the very end. Now go out and party .. :drunk

Kudos [?]: 26 [0], given: 0

Director
Director

Kudos [?]: 20 [0], given: 0

Show Tags

New post 12 Jan 2008, 16:17
ncprasad wrote:
Guys and Gals: I am very happy to report that I just got the CALL! Needless to say, I am pretty pumped about it.

I was on the verge of giving up, but because of your support and kind words, I hung on. Thank You All! Knowing you made this journey worthwhile. :thanks

Cheers man -- You deserve it

:drunk :drunk :drunk :drunk :drunk :drunk :drunk :drunk :drunk :drunk :drunk :drunk :drunk :drunk :drunk :drunk :drunk :drunk :drunk :drunk :drunk :drunk :drunk :drunk :drunk :drunk :drunk :drunk :drunk :drunk :drunk :drunk :drunk :drunk :drunk :drunk :drunk :drunk :drunk :drunk :drunk :drunk :drunk :drunk :drunk :drunk :drunk :drunk :drunk :drunk :drunk :drunk :drunk :drunk :drunk :drunk :drunk :drunk :drunk :drunk :drunk :drunk :drunk :drunk :drunk :drunk :drunk :drunk :drunk :drunk :drunk :drunk :drunk :drunk :drunk :drunk :drunk :drunk

Kudos [?]: 20 [0], given: 0

VP
VP

Kudos [?]: 202 [0], given: 0

Reviews Badge

Show Tags

New post 12 Jan 2008, 16:31
ncprasad wrote:

Great news, nc!
My crystal ball was right :-)
At this rate, we will run out of different Michigan avatars around here!

Kudos [?]: 202 [0], given: 0

Director
Director

Kudos [?]: 92 [0], given: 0

Schools: MIT Sloan

Show Tags

New post 12 Jan 2008, 16:34
nc! guess i just spoke too soon on Gchat :)
holy cow!!!!
u da man!

Kudos [?]: 92 [0], given: 0

Re: Calling all Michigan 2008 applicants...   [#permalink] 12 Jan 2008, 16:34

Go to page   Previous    1  ...  38   39   40   41   42  ...  104    Next  [ 2061 posts ] 

Calling all [[Michigan (Ross)]] 2008 applicants...

new topic post reply Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  

GMAT Club MBA Forum Home| About| Terms and Conditions| GMAT Club Rules| Contact| Sitemap