Last visit was: 24 Apr 2024, 22:05 It is currently 24 Apr 2024, 22:05

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
SORT BY:
Date
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 14 [0]
Given Kudos: 0
Send PM
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 464 [0]
Send PM
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 464 [0]
Send PM
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 308 [0]
Given Kudos: 1
Concentration: Health Care Marketing
Schools:Ross '10
Send PM
Re: Calling all Michigan 2008 applicants... [#permalink]
bherronp, I was out celebrating with my family and was in the back of my mind praying for your admit. I am so happy for you!!! HUGE CONGRATS!

bherronp wrote:
Not to be left out, I am in too!

tsaditya and robinantony: I am sure you will get calls/emails by Monday evening. I am certainly praying for you.
VP
VP
Own Kudos [?]: 57 [0]
Concentration: Finance, Strategy, and Accounting
Schools:Chicago Booth
 Q47  V44
Send PM
nc, I am VERY HAPPY for ya, mate! Hurrray! :cool :cool :cool

<------WHAT A TEAM THERE WILL BE IN ROSS NEXT YEAR!!! :-D :-D :-D

ncprasad wrote:
Guys and Gals: I am very happy to report that I just got the CALL! Needless to say, I am pretty pumped about it.

:woohoo

I was on the verge of giving up, but because of your support and kind words, I hung on. Thank You All! Knowing you made this journey worthwhile. :thanks
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 17 [0]
 Q50  V44
Send PM
ncprasad wrote:
bherronp, I was out celebrating with my family and was in the back of my mind praying for your admit. I am so happy for you!!! HUGE CONGRATS!

Thanks. I am glad you got in since Ross seems like one of your favorites.

So I was at a friend's house watching the Seahawks get crushed this afternoon. I had felt pretty bad on Friday since I thought that I had gotten rejected by both Haas and Ross in R1. So while we were waiting for the pizza to show up I had a few beers. My phone rang, and I saw an unfamiliar area code. I am on call alot, and even when I am not on call I get alot of calls for assistance. I thought "gosh, can't work let me watch the game today". I almost sent the call to voicemail. Glad I didn't. The good news of getting in to school buoyed my mood as the the 'Hawks screwed up over and over again.

Originally posted by bherronp on 13 Jan 2008, 00:56.
Last edited by bherronp on 13 Jan 2008, 01:21, edited 2 times in total.
VP
VP
Own Kudos [?]: 57 [0]
Concentration: Finance, Strategy, and Accounting
Schools:Chicago Booth
 Q47  V44
Send PM
bherronp wrote:

U2? GREAT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :banana :banana :banana :banana
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 36 [0]
 Q48  V39
Send PM
nc, bherronp, huge-huge congrats on getting in to Ross!!! You've got these calls after so long and anxious waiting.
CEO
CEO
Own Kudos [?]: 1649 [0]
Given Kudos: 781
Send PM
Wow, that is some performance. Congratulations to everyone. :beer :musband

mNeo wrote:
Praet, do you know some people in the Ross adcom? :shock:

:lol: I wish.

If any of you want to let off some steam, this is the thread for you.. 103-t41610
Director
Director
Own Kudos [?]: 107 [0]
 Q49  V45
Send PM
congrats bherronp!
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 4 [0]
 Q49  V44
Send PM
congrats to all of you who got admits...hopefully teh rest will get in too ....
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 4 [0]
Send PM
bherronp wrote:

Hey! Good stuff bherronp! Nice work :bouncer :bouncer :beer
GMAT Club Legend
GMAT Club Legend
Own Kudos [?]: 806 [0]
Given Kudos: 5
Concentration: General/Operations Management
Schools:Kellogg Alum: Class of 2010
 Q49  V42
Send PM
I like the creativity everyone is showing with their avatars...and no one is copying anyone too. Helps eliminate confusion.
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 23 [0]
Send PM
Okay, after having partied it up Friday and sobered up yesterday, I'd like to take the time to analyze the admits a little.

As to the scholarships:

All people that have received scholarships on gmatclub are from either Eastern or Western Europe, I think all of them have GMATs of >=700.

Looking at Ross' international students in the class of 2009 it stands out that Europe is not really strongly represented. Maybe Ross wants to do something about their brand name in Europe while at the same time raise their average GMAT scores (700 in 2007 is relatively low for an Elite school). I'd say those are some reasons for the scholarships.

Other admits:

As far as I can tell (not everyone has made their profile public in the wiki) all of you have GMAT scores of at least 700 or way beyond. So although it feels that everyone here got in with ease, I guess the average gmatclubber is not really the average applicant.

Personally, I find the 20k/year very tempting but unfortunately Ross is not a really well-known school where I am from. I will check with HR people from the top 5 consulting firms around here, whether they consider Ross a top school and whether an MBA from there will get me where I want to be.

To all the people that applied to Ross and also at Kellogg and or Haas: If you get into those other schools as well, how will you decide?
GMAT Club Legend
GMAT Club Legend
Own Kudos [?]: 806 [1]
 Q49  V42
Send PM
Kudos
Branson are you planning on working in the US post grad or going back to your home. I think post grad work experience will be more important if you work here for 3-5 years and then go back to europe. Ross definitely will give you a shot at the top tier consulting companies. If you manage to get a job at BCG/McK/Bain then chances are you could easily get a job at almost any consulting firm in the world. Ross has a ton of upward momentum lately, they are building a new facility, are very actively trying to improve their student body...just look at the money they are throwing at all you europeans to try to strengthen a weaker segment of their student body.

That said, I think without a scholarship most people would choose Kellogg. Kellogg is a more highly regarded school and also I think a lot of people would prefer the city of Chicago and what that provides...especially if you are married or bringing a significant other (job opportunities in Chi vs Ann Arbor are 1000x better). However, 20k a year might sway plenty of folks. You definitely cant go wrong with either school.
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 32 [0]
Send PM
WOW-congrats bherronp...I was talking to avi the other day and told him that I am absolutely positive that both nc and you would get in and the soothsayer that I am, it did turn out to be right :)

These are some amazing stats. At this rate, we might have 20+ admits at Ross this from both R1 and R2. Just mind boggling... :shock:
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 23 [0]
Send PM
river,

thanks a ton for your view on things. (kudos are coming your way)

Concerning post-MBA work: yes, I could imagine working in the US after getting the degree. (although not in Detroit)

However, putting that goal into practice seems to be quite difficult with the scarcity of work visas lately. I will definitely give it a shot, though.

I will see if I get into Kellogg. I think I have a good chance, but I seriously doubt they will give me any support. Kellogg is well known in Germany and Europe and carries a lot of prestige - there will be more European competition at that school. Argh...that will not be an easy decision if I get in...we will see what happens.

cheers.
GMAT Club Legend
GMAT Club Legend
Own Kudos [?]: 806 [0]
 Q49  V42
Send PM
The Ross name is very strong in the US so you definitely wont be working in Detroit post grad. Look at their employment stats, they must have them on their site or you can find brief stats on the BW site. That will give you a much better picture.
CEO
CEO
Own Kudos [?]: 1649 [0]
Given Kudos: 781
Send PM
I have a feeling Michigan will move up in the GMAT Club rankings in 2009.
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 308 [0]
Given Kudos: 1
Concentration: Health Care Marketing
Schools:Ross '10
Send PM
branson wrote:
So although it feels that everyone here got in with ease, I guess the average gmatclubber is not really the average applicant.

That's so true. Looking at just the admit stats so far, any one new here would probably think hey, here's a nice and easy top 10 school into which I can get into. All I need to do is get a 700+ GMAT. IMO, I think one of the reasons for this success is that GMAT clubbers tend to do more school research before applying(by participating and learning from posts here). Therefore, they have a heightened sense of where they stand in terms of competitiveness with respect to a school. And because they choose their portfolio wisely, they are more successful than the typical applicant who looks at the ranking and goes "my pop always wanted me to go to the top schools. So, I will apply to H/S/W".

Comparing stats with admissions411 seems to validate this line of thinking. On admissions411, which is closer to actual overall admit rates, there were 74 R1 applicants and 27 admits(35%). We are at 11/17 ~ 70%.

Conclusion - If you want to double your admit chances, join GMAT club :-D

Praetorian wrote:
I have a feeling Michigan will move up in the GMAT Club rankings in 2009.

Now, why would you say that. :wink:
GMAT Club Bot
   1  ...  40   41   42   43   44  ...  104