GMAT Question of the Day - Daily to your Mailbox; hard ones only

It is currently 18 Aug 2018, 16:52

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Close

Request Expert Reply

Confirm Cancel

Calling all [[Michigan (Ross)]] 2008 applicants...

new topic post reply Update application status  
TAGS:

Hide Tags

Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Re: Calling all Michigan 2008 applicants...  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 14 Jan 2008, 07:27
helg wrote:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OJ1JJcCr6i0&feature=related

And here's a CG movie of the new building - impressive!

Amazing building! Should be very comfortable and convenient.
VP
VP
Schools: Chicago Booth

Show Tags

New post 14 Jan 2008, 07:47
R.E.D. wrote:
branson wrote:
Does anyone know if you need a car in Ann Arbor?

We didn't feel any great need for car except the time when we did some shopping and got about 15-20 kilos (35-40 pounds) per each person and a 200 meters run from bus to home :)

A bag like this might come in handy under the circumstances. Design tested and approved by thousands of babushkas in the Moscow Metro :lol:
Senior Manager
Senior Manager

Show Tags

New post 14 Jan 2008, 07:53
helg wrote:
R.E.D. wrote:
branson wrote:

We didn't feel any great need for car except the time when we did some shopping and got about 15-20 kilos (35-40 pounds) per each person and a 200 meters run from bus to home :)

A bag like this might come in handy under the circumstances. Design tested and approved by thousands of babushkas in the Moscow Metro :lol:

I wish I had one that day... But the bag on the photo is already a branded bag :) I recall as last year big handbags in black and white squares (were used a lot by "shuttles"/chelnoki, entrepreneurs who were filling up Russian market with Western goods from Poland and Turkey) became very fashionable. Designers from time to time find inspiration in some odd things :)
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Schools: Darden '15
GMAT Date: 12-07-2011

Show Tags

New post 14 Jan 2008, 07:54
hey guys do you know anything the parking situation in Ann Arbor? How difficult it is to find free space for parking and how close is the parking lot from the business school building? :?:

GO BLUE !!!

Current Student

Show Tags

New post 14 Jan 2008, 08:02
helg wrote:
R.E.D. wrote:
branson wrote:

Now if that doesn't prove German design competence (Leifheit ist German brand I believe) I don't know what will!

:P
Current Student

Show Tags

New post 14 Jan 2008, 08:03
On a different note:

It looks like Ross is trying to increase its enrollment (might not be pertinent to the MBA program but still):

http://www.bus.umich.edu/RossB-SchoolGift/gift/

This is what the new building is going to be for.

Seriously, it looks fantastic. I especially like the glass terrace overlooking the campus... sweet.
SVP
SVP
Schools: Ross '10

Show Tags

New post 14 Jan 2008, 08:36
Actually, the parking situation is not bad at all. You have street parking available free all over the city. And around the crowded downtown area(where U&M is), you have huge parking structures where it costs may be $1 for 2 hours. There is also free street parking. Also, for students, there is special parking areas which is not open to public. My suggestion is to bike or occasionally drive to school, but have the car to roam the rest of the city.

Darden2010 wrote:
hey guys do you know anything the parking situation in Ann Arbor? How difficult it is to find free space for parking and how close is the parking lot from the business school building? :?:
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Schools: Ross 2010

Show Tags

New post 14 Jan 2008, 09:10
The students I've talked with have said that parking close to the school is not really an option. So you would generally take a bus or walk. I guess if you live further away maybe you would drive to a garage somewhere or something, but in general I got the feeling not very many people drove to school. The advice I got was to live as close to the school as possible. One of the students I talked with has a 20 minute walk in freezing cold weather! Not my idea of fun.....
Director
Director

Show Tags

New post 14 Jan 2008, 09:13
Most of the students I spoke to rode the bus. They seemed to find it pretty convenient.

Personally, I like cold and I like walking, so it wouldn't bother me. My wife, on the other hand.... well that's why we have a car :-D
Current Student

Show Tags

New post 14 Jan 2008, 09:22
I am soo glad that a lot of us Ross admits are married :) I see that ncp, bheronp, helg, saurabh + 1 and I are all married. We are adding to the % students married stats as well :)
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Schools: Darden '15
GMAT Date: 12-07-2011

Show Tags

New post Updated on: 16 Jan 2008, 14:40
Hello all,

Did anyone have to call a number ending with when they called for an iternview?!?!? (you can see the phone number you called in your interview confirmation email) please PM me if you have :)

GO BLUE !!!

Originally posted by Darden2010 on 14 Jan 2008, 09:31.
Last edited by Darden2010 on 16 Jan 2008, 14:40, edited 1 time in total.
Senior Manager
Senior Manager

Show Tags

New post 14 Jan 2008, 11:21
No R2 interview invites on Friday or today?
GMAT Club Legend
GMAT Club Legend
Schools: Kellogg Alum: Class of 2010

Show Tags

New post 14 Jan 2008, 11:28
They are probably busy notifying R1 applicants. Dont worry about getting an interview this early in the game. The R1 guys will tell you that not getting one in the first week or two is not gonna mean a ding.

Kellogg Class of 2010...still active and willing to help. However, I do not do profile reviews, don't offer predictions on chances and am far to busy to review essays, so save the energy of writing me a PM seeking help for these. If I don't respond to a PM that is not one of the previously mentioned trash can destined messages, please don't take it personally I get so many messages I have a hard to responding to most. The more interesting, compelling, or humorous you message the more likely I am to respond.
GMAT Club Premium Membership - big benefits and savings

Senior Manager
Senior Manager

Show Tags

New post 14 Jan 2008, 11:41
riverripper wrote:
They are probably busy notifying R1 applicants. Dont worry about getting an interview this early in the game. The R1 guys will tell you that not getting one in the first week or two is not gonna mean a ding.

Now is really a very anxious time because of the wait. I am wondering if i should apply to another school just to keep me occupied.
Director
Director
Concentration: Finance, Economics
Schools: HKUST MBA - Class of 2014
GMAT 1: 740 Q48 V44
GPA: 3.2
WE: Consulting (Consulting)

Show Tags

New post 14 Jan 2008, 11:45
Ok some of u lucky bast@@ds need to change your avatars.. there are too many U mich floating about.. I am confused as to who is what....

Time to put pics of naked ladies...that will get my attention..
Senior Manager
Senior Manager

Show Tags

New post 14 Jan 2008, 11:48
pandeyrav, I got my interview invites pretty early and had similar thoughts of applying to some other schools. To be honest, I don't think you should unless there are schools that you are really interested in. If not, sit back and wait or you might just end up spending some money needlessly. nc and dosa got their interview invites pretty late and both got in, so I wouldn't worry.
Current Student

Show Tags

New post 14 Jan 2008, 11:53
As both ncp and I have said repeatedly, Ross seems to invite Indians (when I mean Indians- I am referring to Indian Citizens) pretty late in the review period. Both Nc and I were one of the last to receive invites (and if I am not wrong, Saurabh received his towards the fag end to). I would not worry till about 2-3 weeks before the decision date.

Also, I think there is no point in applying to schools now as almost all the R2 deadlines are done or are in the next couple of days. So instead of stressing out now, just go out and enjoy the weather- cold or warm :D I know it is easier said than done...

clobo wrote:
pandeyrav, I got my interview invites pretty early and had similar thoughts of applying to some other schools. To be honest, I don't think you should unless there are schools that you are really interested in. If not, sit back and wait or you might just end up spending some money needlessly. nc and dosa got their interview invites pretty late and both got in, so I wouldn't worry.
Senior Manager
Senior Manager

Show Tags

New post 14 Jan 2008, 11:56
yeah now i am reassured :))

thanks though. i know you guys are right
VP
VP
Schools: Chicago Booth

Show Tags

New post 14 Jan 2008, 12:20
pandeyrav wrote:
riverripper wrote:

Now is really a very anxious time because of the wait. I am wondering if i should apply to another school just to keep me occupied.

Well, that's a funny thing to say, but I applied to Ross in R1 just to keep me occupied :-D :-D :-D
Not that I wasn't interested in Ross, clobo :wink:
I was, since last year, but I thought all the time that I had to take care of UE apps first.
Manager
Manager

Show Tags

New post 14 Jan 2008, 13:30
riverripper wrote:
dosa_don wrote:
Talking about b10, assuming I do matriculate at Ross, we should all get together for a UM-NW football game sometime! :)

Northwestern at Michigan Football
Saturday, November 15, 2008 at 1:00 PM at Michigan Stadium in Ann Arbor, MI

Oh man, even if I end up at Kellogg, there is no question where my allegiance lies...

GO BLUE!
Re: Calling all Michigan 2008 applicants... &nbs [#permalink] 14 Jan 2008, 13:30

Go to page   Previous    1  ...  42   43   44   45   46  ...  104    Next  [ 2061 posts ] 

Calling all [[Michigan (Ross)]] 2008 applicants...

new topic post reply Update application status  

Events & Promotions

PREV
NEXT

GMAT Club MBA Forum Home| About| Terms and Conditions and Privacy Policy| GMAT Club Rules| Contact| Sitemap