Last visit was: 23 Apr 2024, 16:10 It is currently 23 Apr 2024, 16:10

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 2 [1]
Given Kudos: 1
Schools:Booth (R1), Wharton (R2), Kellogg (R2), Columbia
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 1 [1]
Given Kudos: 0
Concentration: Finance
Schools:Wharton(R1),Booth(R1),Stern(R1)
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 55 [1]
Given Kudos: 23
Schools:Booth class of 2013
 Q51  V44
GPA: 3.8
WE 1: 6 yrs product development (tech)
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 1 [1]
Given Kudos: 2
Send PM
Re: Calling All 2011 Booth Applicants!! [#permalink]
Kudos
please add me in for round 1. Thanks and good luck all!
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 22 [1]
Given Kudos: 104
Concentration: Finance; Entrepreneurship
Schools:MIT Sloan Class of 2013
 Q49  V36
Send PM
Kudos
I am a reapplicant at Booth. Since I have to redo the PPT, it is fairly hard for me to come up with new themes and concepts to use in my new presentation. Should I use the same ideas and try to convey them differently? Is a certain degree of repetition acceptable?
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 60 [0]
Given Kudos: 295
Send PM
BruceLee wrote:
I am a reapplicant at Booth. Since I have to redo the PPT, it is fairly hard for me to come up with new themes and concepts to use in my new presentation. Should I use the same ideas and try to convey them differently? Is a certain degree of repetition acceptable?

Good q. I too am unsure on how to deal with the PPT as a reapplicant. Also the four pages are no longer just PPT, but doc, pdf, etc. I would appreciate any feedback on this as well.
Retired Moderator
Own Kudos [?]: 1227 [1]
Given Kudos: 37
Schools:University of Virginia
Send PM
Kudos
hi all, all I've been reading about the third essay has been ppt presentation. However, I was wondering how kosher is it to do some other form of presenting? I may have 1 or 2 slides, but I'd like to incorporate something quirky and fun using some sort of writing in microsoft word (then convert it to PDF file since Booth only wants Powerpoint or PDF files). In looking at the essay prompt, it doesn't say that it has to be a ppt presentation, so I just have to think it's fine. But from an adcom's point of view (perhaps rhyme can chime in), is it better to do ppt? Or it really doesn't matter?

Thanks.
Tuck School Moderator
Own Kudos [?]: 330 [1]
Given Kudos: 69
Schools:Stanford (in), Tuck (WL), Wharton (ding), Cornell (in)
 Q50  V47
Send PM
Kudos
bakfed

Well, they explicitly state, that the main thing in 3rd essay is to show creativity... They're going to print out everything you send so the medium IMO doesn't matter.
Retired Moderator
Own Kudos [?]: 1227 [0]
Send PM
shalva wrote:
bakfed

Well, they explicitly state, that the main thing in 3rd essay is to show creativity... They're going to print out everything you send so the medium IMO doesn't matter.

hmm, I agree with you wholeheartedly. I guess the mere fact that everyone's talking about a ppt presentation makes me feel like I should be part of the crowd...I think I got something creative going, but it involves less of a ppt presentation.
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 373 [0]
Given Kudos: 38
Concentration: Finance & Strategic Management
Schools:Wharton/Lauder Class of 2013
 Q50  V41
GPA: 3.6
WE 1: Big Four Advisory
Send PM
shalva wrote:
bakfed

Where did you get this information?

Here is a direct quote from ad com:

"Also, please remember that it is the content – not the design – that should be the focus of the presentation."
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Affiliations: CFA
Own Kudos [?]: 142 [0]
Given Kudos: 64
Schools: Columbia - Class of 2013
GMAT 1: 710 Q45 V43
GMAT 2: 760 Q49 V45
Send PM
I think I have to push back Booth to R2 :P
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 38 [1]
Given Kudos: 19
Concentration: Strategic Management, Finance, Managerial and Organizational Behavior
Schools:Chicago Booth Class of 2012
Send PM
Kudos
chostein wrote:
Essay #3 is still the mystery box that just keeps on throwing curveball @.@ No flash, no moving object yet too many words will not be good. Thus, I need to show my uniqueness with a picture that screams out the subtlety of my candidacy. I still have no idea on that. Maybe I'm not a good fit for Booth?!!

Booth seems to be really active in chat series. I sign up for off-campus event and I get an e-mail everyweek regarding video chat and other online events. Do the adcom actually check who logged on? If so, I better get on it :)

"A picture that screams out the subtlety of my candidacy" -- That's a paradox, sounds like you're making this too hard on yourself. Just tell your story.

I never went to one chat, I can't imagine it matters. They're all in the middle of the work day.
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 9 [1]
Given Kudos: 1
Send PM
Kudos
round 2 for the second time..

As a reapplicant, Am I at a disadvantage applying in round 2?
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 244 [1]
Given Kudos: 53
Concentration: CPG Marketing
Schools:Chicago Booth 2013, Ross, Duke , Kellogg , Stanford, Haas
 Q41  V42
GPA: 3.8
Send PM
Kudos
I sent an email to admissions asking if I was ok to apply in R1 and self report my score even though I am not re-taking the GMAT until Oct. 2 and GMAC says allow 20 days for the report to reach the school. They wrote back saying go ahead and apply for R1. However I just started filling out the online application and there is a note by the GMAT field that says the official report must arrive prior to the round deadline or your application could be delayed.

So what do I do? I don't want to work on the application in time for R1 only to have it be pushed to R2 anyways, I'd rather spend that time working on the other school I was planning to submit in R1. Or will most likely my official report arrive before the 13th anyway?
Retired Moderator
Own Kudos [?]: 1227 [0]
Send PM
Michmax3 wrote:
I sent an email to admissions asking if I was ok to apply in R1 and self report my score even though I am not re-taking the GMAT until Oct. 2 and GMAC says allow 20 days for the report to reach the school. They wrote back saying go ahead and apply for R1. However I just started filling out the online application and there is a note by the GMAT field that says the official report must arrive prior to the round deadline or your application could be delayed.

So what do I do? I don't want to work on the application in time for R1 only to have it be pushed to R2 anyways, I'd rather spend that time working on the other school I was planning to submit in R1. Or will most likely my official report arrive before the 13th anyway?

I don't think anyone's in place to say that your score report will be sent to Booth before the 13th. From my past two experiences, the scores were sent to my designated schools within a week of taking the test. If you'd like to be reassured, I'd send another email to the admission staff at Booth and tell them about your situation and what the online application says. In addition, I would ask if there's any possibility that my application will be push to Round 2 because of the GMAT. Then I'd take whatever the staff says and do it accordingly.
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 373 [0]
Given Kudos: 38
Concentration: Finance & Strategic Management
Schools:Wharton/Lauder Class of 2013
 Q50  V41
GPA: 3.6
WE 1: Big Four Advisory
Send PM
Rollcall updated. 33 GClubber's and counting!
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 75 [1]
Given Kudos: 288
Concentration: Strategy, Healthcare
Schools: Michigan (Ross) - Class of 2013
GMAT 1: 760 Q50 V42
Send PM
Kudos
In for Round 1!
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 2 [1]
Given Kudos: 30
Send PM
Kudos
applying in Round1
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 22 [0]
Given Kudos: 104
Concentration: Finance; Entrepreneurship
Schools:MIT Sloan Class of 2013
 Q49  V36
Send PM
Any tips on how to handle the extracurricular section of the online application? For instance, in the "Hobbies" section, how detailed should my I answer be? I have a list of hobbies on my resume as well, so should I go into details on why like certain activities?
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 5 [1]
Given Kudos: 2
Schools:Sloanie 2013
GPA: 3.9
Send PM
Kudos
Hi guys, I need your honest opinion... Do you need that with a 520 in the Gmat it would be a waste applying to Both? (even if I have a good application).

Please be blunt, everyone says "Just try" but you guys know how painful it is to go through the application process and then get rejected. Help is appreciated... Thanks!
GMAT Club Bot
   1  ...  4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11  ...  185   
Moderators:
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
6917 posts
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
238 posts