Last visit was: 10 Jun 2024, 15:32 It is currently 10 Jun 2024, 15:32
Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
Manager
Manager
Affiliations: Phi Beta Kappa
Own Kudos [?]: 34 [0]
Given Kudos: 9
Concentration: International Business, Other
Schools: Columbia - Class of 2014
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 19 [0]
Given Kudos: 28
Concentration: Finance, Economics
Schools: CBS '14 (A)
GMAT 1: 720 Q46 V44
GPA: 3.74
WE:Accounting (Investment Banking)
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Affiliations: Phi Beta Kappa
Own Kudos [?]: 34 [0]
Given Kudos: 9
Concentration: International Business, Other
Schools: Columbia - Class of 2014
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Send PM
Re: Columbia 2012 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink]
NoggieViking wrote:
mbaer2012 wrote:
NoggieViking wrote:
Let's go folks, FRIDAY is here - now how about some admits?

If i don't hear back today I will start freaking out over the weekend!!!!! :shock:

Here's what I'm going to do.. Today i'm having dinner at a nice lebanese place in nyc, tomorrow going to see book of mormon and then dinner at babo, cigars and wine at Macanudo. I plan on doing all these things without sacrificing a SINGLE thought to CBS - as should you.

I also plan on treating my current state of hangoverness with some much needed coffee. I kinda hope they don't call me today! :oops:

Book of Mormon is overrated!!!!!!!! :P
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 1 [0]
Given Kudos: 0
Send PM
For those of you that interviewed... how long did you wait before sending your interviewers a reminder to submit their feedback?

Also just wondering about their response format... just a checklist or do they have to write a lot.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 13 [0]
Given Kudos: 3
Concentration: Economics, Finance
GMAT 1: 660 Q41 V40
GPA: 3.8
WE:Asset Management (Non-Profit and Government)
Send PM
Hi - similar situation to a few people here; not great GMAT at 660 but other credentials quite strong. However, I'm trying to get into J-term, which from other posts I've seen in this thread, may be problematic. I wonder if they expedite J-term applicants given the proximity of the term?

Fyi - submitted 10/4. No progress yet (aside from review designation).

MK
Manager
Manager
Send PM
ksk80 wrote:
For those of you that interviewed... how long did you wait before sending your interviewers a reminder to submit their feedback?

Also just wondering about their response format... just a checklist or do they have to write a lot.

The school will contact them after two weeks.
Manager
Manager
Send PM
I just got off the phone with a current student who got my name off of one of the events and wanted to answer any questions I had. I thought that was super nice, he answered a couple of questions I had and asked a couple of questions too just to get a feel for why I wanted to go to Columbia etc. I hung up thinking: WOW! a current student takes time out of their schedule to call me up and ask me how im doing, that is awesome!!! So thoughtful.

Then I start thinking....

Was that a test? No, couldn't be. He did ask if I had any questions first, and he was so nice, it was too informal. So I moved on.

Then I start to think some more....

My interviewer forgot to ask me the 'Why Columbia?' question, and that is EXACTLY what the current student asked me....

Am I losing my mind???? :shock:
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 23 [0]
Given Kudos: 16
Concentration: Real Estate, Entrepreneurship
GPA: 3.6
Send PM
mbaer2012 wrote:
I just got off the phone with a current student who got my name off of one of the events and wanted to answer any questions I had. I thought that was super nice, he answered a couple of questions I had and asked a couple of questions too just to get a feel for why I wanted to go to Columbia etc. I hung up thinking: WOW! a current student takes time out of their schedule to call me up and ask me how im doing, that is awesome!!! So thoughtful.

Was that a test? No, couldn't be. He did ask if I had any questions first, and he was so nice, it was too informal. So I moved on.

My interviewer forgot to ask me the 'Why Columbia?' question, and that is EXACTLY what the current student asked me....

How in depth did you go about answering "Why Columbia?" in your Essay 1?
Manager
Manager
Send PM
MCE7 wrote:
mbaer2012 wrote:

A whole paragraph!
Manager
Manager
Send PM
mbaer2012 wrote:
MCE7 wrote:
mbaer2012 wrote:

A whole paragraph!

I will say that a lot of it was around one experience I had with Columbia a very long time ago. And now, remembering my essay, it didn't go into as much detail as maybe I whould have....
Manager
Manager
Send PM
Then that call is a great sign. You may not have addressed this as much as you wanted, and your interviewer forgot to ask, so adcom is just making sure CBS is your first chose (ED) and following up.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: [0]
Send PM
Hi I'm knew to the forum, but since some of you (mbaer2012 in particular) have had the same experience i have... thought I would share. I also got a call out of the blue last week, but from an adcomm member... basically re-interviewing me. They hit on questions fully covered in my application but not during my interview. Good news is I got the acceptance call today... i guess they were just covering their bases and making sure they had all the answers they wanted! totally nerve racking, but all in all a positive ! best of luck mbaer2012 - hope your cold call turns out as well as mine did!
Manager
Manager
Send PM
ja3 wrote:
Hi I'm knew to the forum, but since some of you (mbaer2012 in particular) have had the same experience i have... thought I would share. I also got a call out of the blue last week, but from an adcomm member... basically re-interviewing me. They hit on questions fully covered in my application but not during my interview. Good news is I got the acceptance call today... i guess they were just covering their bases and making sure they had all the answers they wanted! totally nerve racking, but all in all a positive ! best of luck mbaer2012 - hope your cold call turns out as well as mine did!

Congrats on the acceptance call!!!!

I was a little worried after because I was very informal during the call and my questions were not the type I would ask an adcom.

Also, what was your time line by the way? Just out of curiosity... :wink:
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: [0]
Send PM
My timing was:

Submit: 9/3
Printed and under review:9/6
Interview invite:9/9
Interview:9/24
Cold call from adcom:9/30
Acceptance ED :10/7

To be honest, I was really not confident after the cold call - it was late at night my time (currently live in europe) and I was definitely not at my best. Fortunately, it all worked out so hopefully yours does too! I think it's definitely a good sign that they called!
Manager
Manager
Send PM
Freaked out (dumb) question:

So basically if we get an interview invite, we should get 2 emails from CBS, right? one with status change, and the other with interviewer options. So let's say I don't check my e-mail for 5 hours, and I only have one status change emails, odds are no interview?
Manager
Manager
Send PM
MCE7 wrote:
Freaked out (dumb) question:

So basically if we get an interview invite, we should get 2 emails from CBS, right? one with status change, and the other with interviewer options. So let's say I don't check my e-mail for 5 hours, and I only have one status change emails, odds are no interview?

For me personnaly, I got the second email a couple of hours after the initial status change email. Technically though, when you get the interview it says they will contact you 'within 24 hours.'
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 42 [0]
Given Kudos: 6
Concentration: Strategy, Finance
GMAT 1: 710 Q49 V37
GPA: 3
WE:Consulting (Consulting)
Send PM
ja3 wrote:
My timing was:

Submit: 9/3
Printed and under review:9/6
Interview invite:9/9
Interview:9/24
Cold call from adcom:9/30
Acceptance ED :10/7

To be honest, I was really not confident after the cold call - it was late at night my time (currently live in europe) and I was definitely not at my best. Fortunately, it all worked out so hopefully yours does too! I think it's definitely a good sign that they called!

Congrats!!
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 6 [0]
GMAT 1: 680 Q45 V38
GMAT 2: 720 Q50 V38
GPA: 3
WE:Supply Chain Management (Transportation)
Send PM
I've been following this thread for a while so thought I'd start contributing now that I've got my ED application submitted (Got it in 2 hrs before the deadline). Thanks to everybody for sharing their experiences. I've read all the posts in this thread and it's been very helpful.

Congrats to all those who've been accepted and good luck to those who are waiting.

Cheers!
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 1 [0]
Send PM
mbaer2012 wrote:
ksk80 wrote:

The school will contact them after two weeks.

Thanks mbaer!

Any idea how long it takes for the status to go 'complete' after the interviewer submits feedback?

ja3- Congrats on the acceptance!
GMAT Club Bot
   1  ...  58   59   60   61   62  ...  171   
Moderators:
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
6954 posts
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
238 posts