Last visit was: 15 Jun 2024, 11:19 It is currently 15 Jun 2024, 11:19
Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 12 [0]
Given Kudos: 0
Schools: Yale - Class of 2014
GMAT 1: 710 Q49 V38
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 19 [0]
Given Kudos: 28
Concentration: Finance, Economics
Schools: CBS '14 (A)
GMAT 1: 720 Q46 V44
GPA: 3.74
WE:Accounting (Investment Banking)
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 12 [0]
Schools: Yale - Class of 2014
GMAT 1: 710 Q49 V38
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 8 [0]
Given Kudos: 6
Concentration: Marketing, General Management
GMAT 1: 730 Q47 V44
GPA: 3.69
WE:Marketing (Hospitality and Tourism)
Send PM
Re: Columbia 2012 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink]
can the people who have interviewed so far share their experience and the questions that have been asked of them? sorry if this was already posted, or is even in its own separate thread, i'm pretty new to gmatclub and usually lurk.

i submitted my ed application 9/29 and was invited to interview 10/03 but haven't scheduled anything yet.
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 23 [0]
Given Kudos: 16
Concentration: Real Estate, Entrepreneurship
GPA: 3.6
Send PM
chynaxdawl wrote:
can the people who have interviewed so far share their experience and the questions that have been asked of them? sorry if this was already posted, or is even in its own separate thread, i'm pretty new to gmatclub and usually lurk.

i submitted my ed application 9/29 and was invited to interview 10/03 but haven't scheduled anything yet.

Here's a good summary (there's also many members who posted around p 12 of this thread)

https://www.clearadmit.com/wiki/index.ph ... aInterview
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 9 [0]
GPA: 3.8
Send PM
MCE7 wrote:
chynaxdawl wrote:

Here's a good summary (there's also many members who posted around p 12 of this thread)

https://www.clearadmit.com/wiki/index.ph ... aInterview

I would rec that you schedule it sooner rather than later. I had trouble getting in touch with an alum who was free to interview. I even got a reminder email from CBS. They rec that you interview within 2 weeks of the invite.
Manager
Manager
Send PM
MCE7 wrote:
chynaxdawl wrote:

thanks! i found the clear admit wiki but i'll check out page 12 too.

jaxny wrote:
MCE7 wrote:
chynaxdawl wrote:

I would rec that you schedule it sooner rather than later. I had trouble getting in touch with an alum who was free to interview. I even got a reminder email from CBS. They rec that you interview within 2 weeks of the invite.

yea, i'm going to contact the alums this week...i've been in the process of buying a new suit and getting it fit.
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 9 [0]
Send PM
I showed up in a suit and my interviewer was in a collared shirt and jeans. lol. But better safe than sorry. If you had a choice, I'd pick someone closer to your age and not in your industry.
Manager
Manager
Send PM
jaxny wrote:
I showed up in a suit and my interviewer was in a collared shirt and jeans. lol. But better safe than sorry. If you had a choice, I'd pick someone closer to your age and not in your industry.

yea, i figured that might happen and definitely better to over dress than under dress. i logged in to get the first 3 alums and their emails and names but didn't take note of their industry. i was planning on going with someone closer to my age anyways but didn't think about industry. i know they only show 9 alums total, does that mean i can only login and search 3 times? because now i want to go back in and see what their industries were...

i feel so nervous now.
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 42 [0]
Concentration: Strategy, Finance
GMAT 1: 710 Q49 V37
GPA: 3
WE:Consulting (Consulting)
Send PM
chynaxdawl wrote:

yea, i figured that might happen and definitely better to over dress than under dress. i logged in to get the first 3 alums and their emails and names but didn't take note of their industry. i was planning on going with someone closer to my age anyways but didn't think about industry. i know they only show 9 alums total, does that mean i can only login and search 3 times? because now i want to go back in and see what their industries were...

i feel so nervous now.

The search is saved so you can go back and check it anytime. You can search 2 more times to get 9 total names (or as many more times until you have 9 names). It does not provide the industry, you need to search for them on Linked in of Facebook to try to identify them.
Manager
Manager
Send PM
rgupta83 wrote:
chynaxdawl wrote:

i feel so nervous now.

The search is saved so you can go back and check it anytime. You can search 2 more times to get 9 total names (or as many more times until you have 9 names). It does not provide the industry, you need to search for them on Linked in of Facebook to try to identify them.

ah i see, thanks for clarifying. time to linkedin-stalk...kind of embarrassing since they may be able to see who viewed their profiles recently.
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 17 [0]
Given Kudos: 12
Concentration: General Management, Entrepreneurship
Send PM
This is a question regarding RD round. Since CBS will review RD applicants only in december, is there any advantage to applying in october or november? Will they review the applications in the order they are submitted or just take them on at one go once they have finished with ED applicants?
VP
VP
Own Kudos [?]: 2135 [0]
Given Kudos: 622
GPA: 3.77
Send PM
Hi all,

Regarding the GMAT report and whether to include first or all pages. see my question here ask-columbia-gsb-admissions-121805-20.html#p986708 - let us see what Matthew will say.

Quote:
PLEASE LET US INDICATE THE TOPIC OF YOUR REPLY/POST, because when someone asks about X and you are not interested about X, you may skip reading the post about X. IT SAVES TIME!!! SO PLEASE INDICATE THE TOPIC AS I DID.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 11 [0]
Given Kudos: 5
Concentration: Finance, Entrepreneurship
GMAT 1: 750 Q49 V44
GPA: 3.14
Send PM
MCE7 wrote:
@osonipse: did they give you any feedback last year that you could use for this year?

not really, the classical "strengthen your profile etc...", maybe I should have asked for more specific feedback. By the way I retook the GMAT, visited campus and attended events and tried to strengthen my extracurriculars. Let's see what happens this time....
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 83 [0]
Given Kudos: 27
Concentration: Strategy, Economics
Schools: Chicago (Booth) - Class of 2014
Send PM
shekmba wrote:
This is a question regarding RD round. Since CBS will review RD applicants only in december, is there any advantage to applying in october or november? Will they review the applications in the order they are submitted or just take them on at one go once they have finished with ED applicants?

Yes, they will be queued and reviewed in order of submission.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: [0]
Send PM
Hi,

I am new to this forum. I submitted my CBS ED application on 20th sept. and it has been under review since 21st sept., given that I haven't heard back from them, it is most probably a reject. Still wondering, how long does it take them to send the rejection mail/notification?
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 11 [0]
Given Kudos: 204
Send PM
mansijoshi wrote:
Hi,

I am new to this forum. I submitted my CBS ED application on 20th sept. and it has been under review since 21st sept., given that I haven't heard back from them, it is most probably a reject. Still wondering, how long does it take them to send the rejection mail/notification?

Hi mansijoshi! And welcome!

It depends. In other posts you can see some people who get an interview invitation after a couple of days, but that doesn't mean you need to get the invitation that soon. Other people wait for weeks for the same invitation! If your were to be rejected 100% sure, adCom would have already done it. So, just be positive and think they are still comparing your application with those from other applicants.

Hope it helps!

Etreus
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Affiliations: CBS Class of 2014
Own Kudos [?]: 21 [0]
Given Kudos: 8
Concentration: Finance
Schools: CBS '14 (M)
Send PM
I'd echo the earlier post... I think it's better to pick someone not in your industry... gives you something to talk about and create interest.... easier to "win" people over... as far as dress... again, depending where you're meeting dress accordingly... if you want to wear a suit, go for it... but b-casual probably suffice in most situations... mine was actually casual
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 9 [1]
Send PM
Kudos
chynaxdawl wrote:
rgupta83 wrote:
chynaxdawl wrote:

i feel so nervous now.

ah i see, thanks for clarifying. time to linkedin-stalk...kind of embarrassing since they may be able to see who viewed their profiles recently.

I didn't even know that was possible. I've never really use linkedin unless I get a message or request. lol. Nonetheless, I don't think its necessarily a bad thing, you're just doing your research. But apparently you can change that setting.
https://www.linkedin.com/secure/settings?wvmp
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 42 [3]
Concentration: Strategy, Finance
GMAT 1: 710 Q49 V37
GPA: 3
WE:Consulting (Consulting)
Send PM
Kudos
Had my interview last night and I think it went well. I would have posted earlier, but went straight from their to the airport to get on a flight to vegas :-D .

So the interesting thing is that I was only asked 4 questions during the interview. The interesting thing I found out is that there are actually only 2 mandatory questions that he had to ask. He started with the typical walk me to your resume and then why an MBA and why now. Then I asked him a bunch of questions about himself. At the end he asked the 2 mandatory questions, which he was not a fan of. One was talking about a situation where you are in an ethical/moral dilemma. The other was what was your biggest adversity. Hope that little nugget of information helps people who are yet to interview.

Good luck to everyone who is waiting to get an interview invite or for their final decision!
GMAT Club Bot
   1  ...  70   71   72   73   74  ...  171   
Moderators:
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
6953 posts
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
238 posts