It is currently 16 Dec 2017, 10:59

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Close

Request Expert Reply

Confirm Cancel

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

Calling All Accepted Yale SOM (Class of 2018) Applicants

new topic post reply Update application status  
Current Student

Kudos [?]: 7 [0], given: 9

GMAT 1: 740 Q47 V44
Re: Calling All Accepted Yale SOM (Class of 2018) Applicants [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 25 Mar 2016, 09:10
scripto wrote:
How are people thinking about how to finance their MBA? I didn't get any money from Yale, so I want to get the best option. Are there any threads on this forum where people discuss this stuff?

Also - did anyone else get some money offered for attending welcome weekend? How do you get reimbursed for that?

The told me on the phone that I will get a travel stipend to attend the admission weekend. It should cover part of my travel and accomodation expenses.

Regarding the financing options, you are basically scre*wed if you are an international student. YOu will be only eligible to a student loan from Prodigy Finance or the local Credit Union for 7,00% APR (talk about a rip-off compared to European students loans rates...). You will not be eligible to US fellowships or federal loans, and you already missed the deadline for the Fullbright scholarship. If you are a US citizen/permanent resident, then sky is the limit!

Cheers,

Current Student

Kudos [?]: 1 [0], given: 2

Show Tags

New post 25 Mar 2016, 11:37
Thanks! I'm a US citizen. Where should I start my search? I'm lost!

Midnight_express wrote:
scripto wrote:
How are people thinking about how to finance their MBA? I didn't get any money from Yale, so I want to get the best option. Are there any threads on this forum where people discuss this stuff?

Also - did anyone else get some money offered for attending welcome weekend? How do you get reimbursed for that?

The told me on the phone that I will get a travel stipend to attend the admission weekend. It should cover part of my travel and accomodation expenses.

Regarding the financing options, you are basically scre*wed if you are an international student. YOu will be only eligible to a student loan from Prodigy Finance or the local Credit Union for 7,00% APR (talk about a rip-off compared to European students loans rates...). You will not be eligible to US fellowships or federal loans, and you already missed the deadline for the Fullbright scholarship. If you are a US citizen/permanent resident, then sky is the limit!

Cheers,

Current Student

GMAT 1: 740 Q47 V44

Show Tags

New post 25 Mar 2016, 12:20
scripto wrote:
Thanks! I'm a US citizen. Where should I start my search? I'm lost!

Midnight_express wrote:
scripto wrote:

Cheers,

Few info to get you going:

http://som.yale.edu/programs/mba/admiss ... -resources

http://admitted.som.yale.edu/next-steps ... -residents

Current Student

Show Tags

New post 31 Mar 2016, 19:32
Can any current student talk about the Yale SOM Welcome weekend, and what their experiences were like?

1 KUDOS received
Current Student
B

Kudos [?]: 15 [1], given: 14

Concentration: International Business, Social Entrepreneurship
GMAT 1: 710 Q47 V40
Reviews Badge

Show Tags

New post 03 Apr 2016, 16:06
This post received
KUDOS
scripto wrote:
Can any current student talk about the Yale SOM Welcome weekend, and what their experiences were like?

scripto: Welcome Weekend sealed the deal for me - if you are looking for "test of fit", definitely try to go as being there makes it more real than phones and mails!

My WW was campus visit, career group discussions with current students, faculty and program presentations, other formal programs, lots of socials and partying.
I also hosted some prospectives this Jan and will do so again in April - gave them a hard time dragging them to dinners, hockey games and partys ;)

Congrats all for being SOM'18 and see you all around hopefully!

Kudos [?]: 15 [1], given: 14

Expert Post
Board of Directors
B

Kudos [?]: 575 [0], given: 345

Concentration: Marketing, Strategy
Premium Member Reviews Badge

Show Tags

New post 04 Apr 2016, 07:55
Accepted students -- especially internationals, Silver Scholars, or people with young children:
The on-campus housing application / lottery is coming out around April 8th.

Housing Options:
Dorms - Great if you're a Silver Scholar or an international who doesn't want to figure out to find an apartment on their own, pay for utilities, find furniture, etc (hey, people have different priorities when it comes to school...). I suggest Helen Hadley House, something on Prospect Street - 254/276 Prospect, or something on Mansfield Street for proximity to SOM. Basically, it's like being in college all over again (for better or for worse).

Apartment complexes - These, for the most part, have people with families and toddlers, but if you're single and want a huge apartment there are great options here too. It's a great community for the families to mix and mingle, and there's a play area for kids too. I believe some are furnished and some are not furnished.

The lottery is unofficially part first-come, first-serve and part based on diversity of schools, so if you're interested apply early to be safe.

More details on buildings and application information here: http://housing.yale.edu/news/housing-ap ... le-april-8

aerien

Why Yale | My Advice For Younger Applicants

Note: I do not complete individual profile reviews. Please use the Admissions Consultant or Peer Review forums to get feedback on your profile.

GMAT Club Premium Membership - big benefits and savings

Current Student

Kudos [?]: [0], given: 0

Show Tags

New post 07 May 2016, 08:29
Hello guys!
Is there anyone who have own NetID?
I don't have any idea about how to create my NetID for access to Yale central service website :(

Kudos [?]: [0], given: 0

Expert Post
Board of Directors
B

Concentration: Marketing, Strategy
Premium Member Reviews Badge

Show Tags

New post 11 May 2016, 18:28
dreamisrainbow wrote:
Hello guys!
Is there anyone who have own NetID?
I don't have any idea about how to create my NetID for access to Yale central service website :(

You should get an email with that information, along with your Yale email, etc. I believe the R1 admits should be all set by now; not sure about R2 folks though.
What are you trying to access?

aerien

Why Yale | My Advice For Younger Applicants

Note: I do not complete individual profile reviews. Please use the Admissions Consultant or Peer Review forums to get feedback on your profile.

GMAT Club Premium Membership - big benefits and savings

Re: Calling All Accepted Yale SOM (Class of 2018) Applicants   [#permalink] 11 May 2016, 18:28

Go to page   Previous    1   2   [ 28 posts ] 

Calling All Accepted Yale SOM (Class of 2018) Applicants

new topic post reply Update application status  

GMAT Club MBA Forum Home| About| Terms and Conditions| GMAT Club Rules| Contact| Sitemap