GMAT Question of the Day - Daily to your Mailbox; hard ones only

It is currently 22 Jan 2019, 13:06

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Close

Request Expert Reply

Confirm Cancel
Events & Promotions in January
PrevNext
SuMoTuWeThFrSa
303112345
6789101112
13141516171819
20212223242526
272829303112
Open Detailed Calendar
  • Leadership in Admissions

     January 23, 2019

     January 23, 2019

     10:00 PM PST

     11:00 PM PST

    Learn how to portray yourself as a leader in your MBA applications when you download this free guide!
  • No Stone Unturned: Your 2019/2020 MBA Application Starts Now!

     January 24, 2019

     January 24, 2019

     09:00 PM EST

     10:00 PM EST

    Planning to apply to business school in 2019 or 2020? It is not too early to start planning! By taking action now, you can dramatically improve your chances of gaining admission to a top MBA program.

Calling all AGSM UNSW Applicants: January 2019 Intake (Class of 2021)!

  new topic post reply Update application status  
Author Message
Intern
Intern
avatar
Joined: 07 Aug 2018
Posts: 5
Location: Canada
Schools: AGSM '21 (A)
GMAT 1: 620 Q47 V28
Re: Calling all AGSM UNSW Applicants: January 2019 Intake (Class of 2021)!  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 14 Aug 2018, 05:19
Hey guys, for anyone who has received an acceptance send me a personal message and I will start a Whatsapp group!
Intern
Intern
avatar
Joined: 07 Aug 2018
Posts: 5
Location: Canada
Schools: AGSM '21 (A)
GMAT 1: 620 Q47 V28
Re: Calling all AGSM UNSW Applicants: January 2019 Intake (Class of 2021)!  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 15 Aug 2018, 12:06
1
Hey guys! I also made a facebook group for anyone admitted :) AGSM MBA Class of 2021!
Manager
Manager
avatar
B
Joined: 12 Oct 2016
Posts: 138
Location: Pakistan
GMAT 1: 650 Q47 V32
GPA: 3.04
WE: Operations (Energy and Utilities)
Re: Calling all AGSM UNSW Applicants: January 2019 Intake (Class of 2021)!  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 20 Aug 2018, 14:27
Hey guys,
Is it worth applying as an international in R3?
Intern
Intern
avatar
Joined: 20 Aug 2018
Posts: 5
Schools: AGSM '21 (A$)
Re: Calling all AGSM UNSW Applicants: January 2019 Intake (Class of 2021)!  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 21 Aug 2018, 00:37
1
Hi Guys,

I got the admit with 25% scholarship. Text me for any clarifications on application process.
MBA Section Director
User avatar
V
Affiliations: GMAT Club
Joined: 21 Feb 2012
Posts: 6002
City: Pune
GMAT ToolKit User Premium Member
Re: Calling all AGSM UNSW Applicants: January 2019 Intake (Class of 2021)!  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 21 Aug 2018, 00:53
piccotenks wrote:
Hi Guys,

I got the admit with 25% scholarship. Text me for any clarifications on application process.


Many Congratulation and good luck for IE too! Any Dos and Don'ts you want to tell to new applicants?
_________________

Chances of Getting Admitted After an Interview [Data Crunch]


Must Read Forum Topics Before You Kick Off Your MBA Application

New GMAT Club Decision Tracker - Real Time Decision Updates

Intern
Intern
avatar
Joined: 19 Aug 2018
Posts: 2
Location: United States (CA)
Schools: AGSM '21 (A)
GMAT 1: 770 Q50 V46
GPA: 3.2
Re: Calling all AGSM UNSW Applicants: January 2019 Intake (Class of 2021)!  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 21 Aug 2018, 12:12
TA89 wrote:
Hey guys,
Is it worth applying as an international in R3?


Might as well, if you’re really interested in going it’s not worth the extra year to wait to apply again. You should have plenty of time to get your visa before the start once accepted. Good luck!

Posted from my mobile device
Intern
Intern
avatar
Joined: 19 Aug 2018
Posts: 2
Location: United States (CA)
Schools: AGSM '21 (A)
GMAT 1: 770 Q50 V46
GPA: 3.2
Re: Calling all AGSM UNSW Applicants: January 2019 Intake (Class of 2021)!  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 21 Aug 2018, 12:32
1
piccotenks wrote:
Hi Guys,

I got the admit with 25% scholarship. Text me for any clarifications on application process.


Can you share a bit about your profile?

Posted from my mobile device
Manager
Manager
avatar
B
Joined: 12 Oct 2016
Posts: 138
Location: Pakistan
GMAT 1: 650 Q47 V32
GPA: 3.04
WE: Operations (Energy and Utilities)
Re: Calling all AGSM UNSW Applicants: January 2019 Intake (Class of 2021)!  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 22 Aug 2018, 10:25
KevKev3 wrote:
TA89 wrote:
Hey guys,
Is it worth applying as an international in R3?


Might as well, if you’re really interested in going it’s not worth the extra year to wait to apply again. You should have plenty of time to get your visa before the start once accepted. Good luck!

Posted from my mobile device


Thanks. Will submit the app. Preference is getting in this year over the scholarship.
Intern
Intern
avatar
B
Joined: 25 May 2015
Posts: 1
Location: India
Schools: AGSM '21 (A$)
GMAT 1: 710 Q49 V39
GPA: 3.25
Re: Calling all AGSM UNSW Applicants: January 2019 Intake (Class of 2021)!  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 25 Aug 2018, 22:10
Hey Guys,
I recently got accepted with 50% scholarship at AGSM. Is there any group on Facebook / Whatsapp for the accepted students for 2019 at AGSM ?
If there is, please ping me with it's details.
Cheers.

Posted from my mobile device
Intern
Intern
avatar
Joined: 20 Aug 2018
Posts: 5
Schools: AGSM '21 (A$)
Re: Calling all AGSM UNSW Applicants: January 2019 Intake (Class of 2021)!  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 29 Aug 2018, 08:51
KevKev3 wrote:
piccotenks wrote:
Hi Guys,

I got the admit with 25% scholarship. Text me for any clarifications on application process.


Can you share a bit about your profile?

Posted from my mobile device


Gmat score 700, 6 years work experience. 3 years in APAC financial reporting. But I do participate in quite a number of social activities and organise expat networking events in Singapore. I think more than academic profile they are looking at social aspects as well in their selection process. Maybe that’s why I got lucky with scholarship even though my gmat score is not too great.
Intern
Intern
avatar
Joined: 20 Aug 2018
Posts: 5
Schools: AGSM '21 (A$)
Re: Calling all AGSM UNSW Applicants: January 2019 Intake (Class of 2021)!  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 29 Aug 2018, 08:52
1
sharangbh wrote:
Hey Guys,
I recently got accepted with 50% scholarship at AGSM. Is there any group on Facebook / Whatsapp for the accepted students for 2019 at AGSM ?
If there is, please ping me with it's details.
Cheers.

Posted from my mobile device


Congrats mate..once you accept your scholarship, the school will add you to their Facebook group themselves.
Intern
Intern
avatar
Joined: 07 Aug 2018
Posts: 5
Location: Canada
Schools: AGSM '21 (A)
GMAT 1: 620 Q47 V28
Re: Calling all AGSM UNSW Applicants: January 2019 Intake (Class of 2021)!  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 29 Aug 2018, 08:55
Just a reminder I have started a Whatsapp group for people who have been accepted for the FT MBA January 2019 intake! If you are accepting an offer, send me a PM and I will add you!
MBA Section Director
User avatar
V
Affiliations: GMAT Club
Joined: 21 Feb 2012
Posts: 6002
City: Pune
GMAT ToolKit User Premium Member
Re: Calling all AGSM UNSW Applicants: January 2019 Intake (Class of 2021)!  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 23 Sep 2018, 22:08
Congrats to all admits! If needed, you guys can start a separate thread for admits. Pasting the following code will display the roll call of admits.

Code:
[app_tracker status="admitted" id="99" year="2019" program_id="155" width="400" height="500"][/app_tracker]

_________________

Chances of Getting Admitted After an Interview [Data Crunch]


Must Read Forum Topics Before You Kick Off Your MBA Application

New GMAT Club Decision Tracker - Real Time Decision Updates

Manager
Manager
avatar
B
Joined: 12 Oct 2016
Posts: 138
Location: Pakistan
GMAT 1: 650 Q47 V32
GPA: 3.04
WE: Operations (Energy and Utilities)
Re: Calling all AGSM UNSW Applicants: January 2019 Intake (Class of 2021)!  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 30 Oct 2018, 02:04
Extremely gutted and shocked.
My application got rejected today - 5+ years in upstream oil gas sector, 650 GMAT (Q48 V32). Very strange, perhaps it was due to applying in r3
MBA Section Director
User avatar
V
Affiliations: GMAT Club
Joined: 21 Feb 2012
Posts: 6002
City: Pune
GMAT ToolKit User Premium Member
Re: Calling all AGSM UNSW Applicants: January 2019 Intake (Class of 2021)!  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 30 Oct 2018, 02:30
TA89 wrote:
Extremely gutted and shocked.
My application got rejected today - 5+ years in upstream oil gas sector, 650 GMAT (Q48 V32). Very strange, perhaps it was due to applying in r3


Your GMAT score is equivalent to the avg GMAT of current AGSM class, while it is generally expected for internationals to have a higher GMAT than the school's average. Do you think that could have also hurt your chances?
_________________

Chances of Getting Admitted After an Interview [Data Crunch]


Must Read Forum Topics Before You Kick Off Your MBA Application

New GMAT Club Decision Tracker - Real Time Decision Updates

Manager
Manager
avatar
B
Joined: 12 Oct 2016
Posts: 138
Location: Pakistan
GMAT 1: 650 Q47 V32
GPA: 3.04
WE: Operations (Energy and Utilities)
Re: Calling all AGSM UNSW Applicants: January 2019 Intake (Class of 2021)!  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 30 Oct 2018, 02:32
Narenn wrote:
TA89 wrote:
Extremely gutted and shocked.
My application got rejected today - 5+ years in upstream oil gas sector, 650 GMAT (Q48 V32). Very strange, perhaps it was due to applying in r3


Your GMAT score is equivalent to the avg GMAT of current AGSM class, while it is generally expected for internationals to have a higher GMAT than the school's average. Do you think that could have also hurt your chances?



Possibly but I was shortlisted for an interview just days after app submission. The interview went pretty well also. Hard to say it was the GMAT but can never be sure.
MBA Section Director
User avatar
V
Affiliations: GMAT Club
Joined: 21 Feb 2012
Posts: 6002
City: Pune
GMAT ToolKit User Premium Member
Re: Calling all AGSM UNSW Applicants: January 2019 Intake (Class of 2021)!  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 24 Nov 2018, 07:28
TA89 wrote:
Narenn wrote:
Your GMAT score is equivalent to the avg GMAT of current AGSM class, while it is generally expected for internationals to have a higher GMAT than the school's average. Do you think that could have also hurt your chances?


Possibly but I was shortlisted for an interview just days after app submission. The interview went pretty well also. Hard to say it was the GMAT but can never be sure.


I see. Getting interview is a good sign but as you said one can never say for sure what contributed in a rejection. BTW, it seems like you have couple other offers from some good US schools so I believe you may not be thinking much about the AGSM ding. All the best for your future journey.
_________________

Chances of Getting Admitted After an Interview [Data Crunch]


Must Read Forum Topics Before You Kick Off Your MBA Application

New GMAT Club Decision Tracker - Real Time Decision Updates

Manager
Manager
avatar
B
Joined: 12 Oct 2016
Posts: 138
Location: Pakistan
GMAT 1: 650 Q47 V32
GPA: 3.04
WE: Operations (Energy and Utilities)
Re: Calling all AGSM UNSW Applicants: January 2019 Intake (Class of 2021)!  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 24 Nov 2018, 13:21
Narenn wrote:
TA89 wrote:
Narenn wrote:
Your GMAT score is equivalent to the avg GMAT of current AGSM class, while it is generally expected for internationals to have a higher GMAT than the school's average. Do you think that could have also hurt your chances?


Possibly but I was shortlisted for an interview just days after app submission. The interview went pretty well also. Hard to say it was the GMAT but can never be sure.


I see. Getting interview is a good sign but as you said one can never say for sure what contributed in a rejection. BTW, it seems like you have couple other offers from some good US schools so I believe you may not be thinking much about the AGSM ding. All the best for your future journey.



Which "good" schools are you referring to, Cox and Purdue? I wouldn't qualify them as too good. I think going to either Schulich or HEC might be a better option and a better brand.
Intern
Intern
avatar
Joined: 19 Aug 2018
Posts: 1
Re: Calling all AGSM UNSW Applicants: January 2019 Intake (Class of 2021)!  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 23 Dec 2018, 01:16
LaurB wrote:
Hey guys! I also made a facebook group for anyone admitted :) AGSM MBA Class of 2021!


Posted from my mobile device
GMAT Club Bot
Re: Calling all AGSM UNSW Applicants: January 2019 Intake (Class of 2021)! &nbs [#permalink] 23 Dec 2018, 01:16

Go to page   Previous    1   2   [ 39 posts ] 

Display posts from previous: Sort by

Calling all AGSM UNSW Applicants: January 2019 Intake (Class of 2021)!

  new topic post reply Update application status  


Copyright

GMAT Club MBA Forum Home| About| Terms and Conditions and Privacy Policy| GMAT Club Rules| Contact| Sitemap

Powered by phpBB © phpBB Group | Emoji artwork provided by EmojiOne

Kindly note that the GMAT® test is a registered trademark of the Graduate Management Admission Council®, and this site has neither been reviewed nor endorsed by GMAC®.