Last visit was: 25 Apr 2024, 15:23 It is currently 25 Apr 2024, 15:23

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
MBA Section Director
Affiliations: GMAT Club
Own Kudos [?]: 10013 [0]
Given Kudos: 4542
Test: Test
Send PM
MBA Section Director
Send PM
MBA Section Director
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: [0]
Given Kudos: 0
Send PM
Re: Calling all AIM Manila MBA Applicants (2016 Intake) Class of 2017!! [#permalink]
FROM AIM Manila MBA Blog: Get Ready for the ASEAN Economic Community
Haven’t had the chance to attend the International CEO Conference of the Management Association of the Philippines (MAP) on Business Beyond Borders: Global Perspectives, Domestic Dynamics? Then don’t miss this video excerpt from the event. GET READY FOR THE AEC … Continue reading →
This Blog post was imported into the forum automatically. We hope you found it helpful. Please use the Kudos button if you did, or please PM/DM me if you found it disruptive and I will take care of it. -BB
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Re: Calling all AIM Manila MBA Applicants (2016 Intake) Class of 2017!! [#permalink]
FROM AIM Manila MBA Blog: 4th United Nations Principles for Responsible Management Education (PRME) Asia Forum
The Asian Institute of Management, the De La Salle University-Ramon V. del Rosario College of Business, and the Ateneo Graduate School of Business are inviting members of the academe, business community, and other interested parties to the 4th United Nations … Continue reading →
This Blog post was imported into the forum automatically. We hope you found it helpful. Please use the Kudos button if you did, or please PM/DM me if you found it disruptive and I will take care of it. -BB
MBA Section Director
Send PM
Expert Reply

Hello GMAT Club,

It gives us immense pleasure to announce live chat sessions for prospective applicants of Asian School of Management, Manila. Executive Managing director of Admissions at AIM Manila will dialogue with prospective applicants through these chats, provide valuable insights of AIM's MBA programs and will answer applicants' questions. So save the event dates in your Google calendar and participate in the chats to gain knowledge of AIM MBA.

Date: December 22, 2015
Time: 9:30 PM Philippine Time (1:30 PM GMT and 7 PM IST)
Presenters:
1. Mr. Andrew Chen, Executive Managing Director of Admissions and Marketing, AIM Manila
2. Mr. Akash Garg, AIM Alumnus, Class of 2015
Place: GMAT Club Chat Room https://gmatclub.com/chat/

Date: February 02, 2016
Presenter: Mr. Andrew Chen, Executive Managing Director of Admissions and Marketing, AIM Manila
MBA Section Director
Send PM
Expert Reply
First chat session with AIM Manila is happening today at 7 PM India Time in which Andrew Chen, Admission Director of AIM Manila, and Akash Garg, AIM Class of 2015 Student, will be answering questions of prospective applicants. We hope to see all prospective applicants in the chat today.

Presenters:
1. Mr. Andrew Chen, Executive Managing Director of Admissions and Marketing, AIM Manila

MBA Section Director
Send PM
Expert Reply
Guys, We are starting the chat in 2 minutes. If you are around, join us in the chat room https://gmatclub.com/gchat/

Narenn wrote:
First chat session with AIM Manila is happening today at 7 PM India Time in which Andrew Chen, Admission Director of AIM Manila, and Akash Garg, AIM Class of 2015 Student, will be answering questions of prospective applicants. We hope to see all prospective applicants in the chat today.

Presenters:

MBA Section Director
Send PM
Expert Reply
Hi Everyone,

Second (and final) chat session of this season with AIM Manila admissions team is on February 2nd. So save the event dates in your Google calendar and participate in the chats to gain knowledge of AIM MBA.

Presenters:
Mr. Andrew Chen, Executive Managing Director of Admissions and Marketing, AIM Manila
Mr. Sandeep Waghmare, Current AIM MBA student
MBA Section Director
Send PM
Expert Reply
We are starting the chat in few minutes. If you are around, join the chat room to participate https://gmatclub.com/gchat/

Narenn wrote:
Hi Everyone,

Second (and final) chat session of this season with AIM Manila admissions team is on February 2nd. So save the event dates in your Google calendar and participate in the chats to gain knowledge of AIM MBA.

Presenters:
Mr. Andrew Chen, Executive Managing Director of Admissions and Marketing, AIM Manila
Mr. Sandeep Waghmare, Current AIM MBA student
MBA Section Director
Send PM
Expert Reply
Guys, Here is transcript of the recentlive chat AIM Admission Director, Andy Chen, and Current student, Sandeep Waghmare.

How AIM’s MBA program is supportive for career changers especially from IT to Finance?

AIM_Andy: Many MBA students are pursuing career transitions. We have a very strong Finance program at AIM. Students work with our Career Services team, program staff, and faculty, to facilitate these transitions.

I would like to transition in to Investment banking. Can you name a few top I banking firms that recruit at AIM?

AIM_Andy: Manila isn't really a hub for investment banking. In the region, that would be Hong Kong, Singapore, and Shanghai. That being said, we have a close relationship with Citi, with a number of our students joining their management associate program each year.

AIM_Sandeep: To add on to Andy's answer on IBanks, Philippines and especially Manila, is growing rapidly in its startup culture. We, as students, work very closely with startups helping them in designing their BPlans, and pitches. Plus, we ourselves pitch in a lot of competitions. I myself am part of a team that will participate in a VC competition in Singapore due in March. This said, the culture in Philippines is more of Angel Funding, mostly done by rich families here. The sector is bit unorganized. But then, we have a lot of people who are from IBanking, and looking for the career post MBA; So that transition shouldn't be much of hassle.

Objective information such as GPA and GMAT scores provide easy comparative material from one applicant to another. What are some concrete elements that separate applicants in the more subjective essay, letters of recommendation, interviews, etc?

AIM_Andy: It's hard to provide a direct answer to your question. We look at an entire candidate's profile. Each component helps us assess different areas. For example, the CV and rec letters help me assess employability. The GMAT and transcripts help assess academic readiness.

What percentage of student body is International? and how diversity influence on candidate choice? Does the nationality have advantage of others?

AIM_Andy: We look at diversity in many ways - cultural background, professional background, educational background, etc. We're trying to form the best class, given our applicant pool.

What financial aid is available to students who can’t pay the full tuition? Do you have collaboration with banks or education loan providers such as Prodigy Finance for those who want to take education loan?

AIM_Andy: A number of partial to full scholarships are available, with around 40-50% of students receiving scholarship awards. In my opinion, tuition is actually quite reasonable, when compared to other top schools worldwide, and within the region.

What is the average total expenditure of a typical MBA student during the entire course (including tuition, accommodations, study material, study tours, other travelling etc.)

AIM_Andy: Total program cost is just under USD$40,000.

Thanks Andy! So is it safe to assume that average MBA expenditure of an MBA student will be in the range of $50K - $70K

AIM_Andy: I think it'll be around $50k.

Sandeep, How you managed your MBA funding. Solely from your savings or you took loan from any banks?

AIM_Sandeep: I received some scholarship, and rest I took loan from Credila. AIM has partnership with Credila in place. My personal experience on AIM is here - https://www.linkedin.com/pulse/how-i-fi ... =prof-post

Andy, Tell us 3 important characteristics that you want to see in your applicants.

AIM_Andy: Most importantly, I'm looking for good mutual fit, between the school and applicant. As the program is doing it's due diligence on a student, via the admissions process, the applicant should also be researching the program to ensure good fit. I like to break down an applicant’s profile into three main components: 1. academic readiness; 2. employability; 3. fit.

Chat Transcript
Attachment:
AIM Manila Admissions Chat 2nd Feb 16.pdf [624.09 KiB]
Downloaded 41 times
MBA Section Director
Send PM
Expert Reply
Brief History of AIM Manila in the words of Mr. Andrew Chen, Executive Managing Director of Admissions and Marketing

"The school was founded in 1968, as a partnership between Harvard Business School, local business leaders, and the Ford Foundation. In addition, two prominent schools in the Philippines were also part of this group. The school's teaching model and early curriculum was modeled after HBS.

Although we are no longer associated w/ HBS, this legacy definitely carries on in many ways. One of those being our strong use of the case method throughout the curriculum. AIM was actually recognized by AACSB International for our strength in case method usage.

We are a small, private, non-profit, stand alone management school. Teaching quality at AIM is extremely strong. I've had a chance to sit in on classes at many of the top programs around the world, and AIM professors are right in-line, if not better than many. Teaching quality is reflected in our students. We've had many students participate in global case competitions, and they have done very well."
Intern
Intern
Send PM
FROM AIM Manila MBA Blog: Reunion of Host Classes for Homecoming 2017
[img]{{%20url:site%20}}files/thumb/1942/200[/img]
The Alumni Relations Office (ARO) hosted a dinner reunion on 1 July for the host classes of next year’s Homecoming. In attendance were MBM ’97 alums Teddy Sumulong, RJ Ermita, RJ Tabuena, Jude Aguilar, Arup Maity, Srini Polishetty, Welly Tuha, Mabelle de Jesus, Timi Yu, Randy Pingol, and Richard Cruz. Gina Lomotan, Danny Ocampo, Norio Alumno, and Fr. Anton CT Pascual represented MDM ’97, along with Ace Esmeralda and Ed Huet of MM ’97.  
Intern
Intern
Send PM
FROM AIM Manila MBA Blog: Ernesto Abella (ME 2004) appointed as the Presidential Spokesman
A Silliman University alumnus makes it to the Duterte Cabinet with the appointment of Ernesto Abella as the Presidential Spokesman recently.
Intern
Intern
Send PM
FROM AIM Manila MBA Blog: Bishop José Colin Mendoza Bagaporo (SPEL 2003), appointed as the new Bishop for Kidapawan diocese.
(Vatican Radio) The Holy Father on Monday appointed Bishop José Colin Mendoza Bagaforo, until now titular Bishop of Vazari Didda and Auxiliary of Cotabato, in the Philippines, as the new Bishop for Kidapawan diocese.
Intern
Intern
Send PM
FROM AIM Manila MBA Blog: AIM’s Star Shines Bright at the 2016 Asia HRD Awards
[img]{{%20url:site%20}}files/thumb/1959/200[/img]
We announce with pride that our very own Prof. Horacio “Junbo” Borromeo, Jr. has been conferred the “Movers and Shakers Award” at the 2016 Asia HRD Awards by an independent awards committee composed of a high profile international panel of judges chaired by the former Minister of Works of the Kingdom of Bahrain.
Intern
Intern
Send PM
FROM AIM Manila MBA Blog: Change via innovation and entrepreneurship
"INCLUSIVE GROWTH” has been one of the latest buzzwords in various circles of Philippine society. This is mentioned specifically in the context of acknowledging both the economic gains made in the past few years and the work that remains to be done for a larger percentage of the population to feel the impacts of such growth.
Intern
Intern
Send PM
FROM AIM Manila MBA Blog: The Beer Pub Zumba
[img]{{%20url:site%20}}files/thumb/1971/200[/img]
The latest edition of  Beer Pub took a surprising turn when a group of MBA and MDM students, upon the coaxing of AIM President and Dean Jikyeong Kang, took to the stage to dance to Zumba music. 
Intern
Intern
Send PM
FROM AIM Manila MBA Blog: UK alumni gathering at Hayes Galleria
[img]{{%20url:site%20}}files/thumb/1973/200[/img]
Our UK alumni chapter recently held an informal get-together at the Hayes Galleria on 27 July 2016.  This gathering came shortly after AIM President and Dean Jikyeong Kang’s visit on 5 July 2016.  

Intern
Intern
Send PM
FROM AIM Manila MBA Blog: AIM Scores at the 2016 IXL Innovation Olympics!
[img]{{%20url:site%20}}files/thumb/1981/200[/img]
AIM MBA 2016 students Akanksha Sinha, Celine Yap, Christel Rivera, and Cristia Ticzon bagged Silver and USD 2000 in prize money at the IXL Innovation Olympics, besting teams from Stanford University and Erasmus University. 
GMAT Club Bot
 1   2   3   
Moderators:
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
6921 posts
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
238 posts