Last visit was: 24 Apr 2024, 14:29 It is currently 24 Apr 2024, 14:29

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: [0]
Given Kudos: 0
Concentration: Entrepreneurship, Management Consulting
Schools:Kenan Flagler (R2-Interviewed - Ding), Tuck (R3 - Ding), UCLA (R2 - Ding), Haas (R3), Tepper (R2-Ding), McCombs (R2 - Ding w/o Interview), Simon (R2-Admit)
 Q48  V27 GMAT 2: 700  Q50  V35
GPA: 3.86
WE 1: 6
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 4 [0]
Given Kudos: 1
Send PM
Manager
Manager
 Q49  V40
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 5 [0]
Given Kudos: 2
Schools:Anderson (In-Declined), GSB (Ding), Haas (In!- matriculating), Marshall (In w/ $$$ - Declined)
GPA: 3.6 Chem Eng
WE 1: 2 yr Management consulting
WE 2: 2 yr Product Management - tech
Send PM
Re: Calling all Berkeley-Haas Fall 2011 Applicants [#permalink]
Pediasure wrote:
Guys,

My on campus interview is coming up on friday. I plan to fly to SFO and then take a rental car (I need to go somewhere else after the interview, so prefer a rental car to a cab). I have heard that parking is tough near Haas. Which is the closest place to park ?

Thanks.

When I was there for a campus visit, parking was a nightmare. My friend ended up dropping me off cause we couldn't find parking near haas. Good luck!
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 61 [0]
Given Kudos: 16
Concentration: Consulting, Entrepreneurship
Send PM
Pediasure wrote:
Guys,

My on campus interview is coming up on friday. I plan to fly to SFO and then take a rental car (I need to go somewhere else after the interview, so prefer a rental car to a cab). I have heard that parking is tough near Haas. Which is the closest place to park ?

Thanks.

There is a huge parking structure (I think it is 2400 telegraph)....Park there and walk up hill for about three fourths of a mile...its not bad...
Director
Director
Affiliations: HBS Class of 2013
Own Kudos [?]: 163 [0]
Given Kudos: 6
Schools: HBS '13 (A)
Send PM
Pediasure wrote:
Guys,

Thanks.

Depending on how far you have to go after the interview, the BART may be a decent option. When I did my visit I took it from SFO to the Berkeley stop then walked about 15 minutes to Haas. Pretty simple.
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 4 [1]
Send PM
Kudos
For street parking, there should be plenty of free 2 hour parking if you go south of Dwight. About .5-1 mile walk to Haas. You can also try northside starting with Hearst and going up on Euclid. Worst case scenario, just take the $35 ticket if you're running late.
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Pediasure wrote:
Guys,

Thanks.

Its actually not that bad. I ended up finding a public parking place (covered). You just drive in to Durant (between Dana and Telegraph ). The rate is also cheap. I think I ended up paying 5 bucks for a few hours or so.
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Anybody knows when the interview invites get out for R3? or somebody has already got one?
Intern
Intern
Send PM
for the financial aids, do they usually check income or tax forms?
Intern
Intern
Schools:Stanford (Dinged w/Interview), Haas (Admitted!), Anderson (Admitted!)
Send PM
Just accepted my R1 admission at Haas today! Berkeley here I come!
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 2 [0]
Given Kudos: 8
Send PM
Foss7198 wrote:
Just accepted my R1 admission at Haas today! Berkeley here I come!

Congrats Foss!
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 2 [1]
Send PM
Kudos
srivinodh wrote:
Pediasure wrote:
Guys,

Thanks.

Its actually not that bad. I ended up finding a public parking place (covered). You just drive in to Durant (between Dana and Telegraph ). The rate is also cheap. I think I ended up paying 5 bucks for a few hours or so.

Definitely echo and recommend this option as well. There's a big red frame on the facade of this structure - you can't miss it. I think they also take credit cards. Street parking in Berkeley is too hit or miss for me if I have something important to do on campus. I think an interview would qualify!

Plus, you can get yourself some candy or a sandwich from the nearby shops to get your ticket validated, making it pretty affordable. A snack is also great for decompressing after the interview, no?

Other reminders: It's still a bit of a hike up (yes, up) to Haas, so give yourself plenty of time so you don't show up huffing and puffing. Make sure to give yourself time to get from SFO to Berkeley too. It's not super close, and depending on the time of day, traffic may be a factor.

Good luck!
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 3 [1]
Send PM
Kudos
I live pretty close to berkeley. Take the bart to downtown berkeley station, walk a few yards to the UCB bus stop and take the R line. Walking to Haas building can be difficult esp. with a suit and tie on. Link for bus schedule:

<5 posts so can't post link; pls. google 'uc berkeley bus schedule' and click on the pt.berkeley... link.

Have $1 ready for the ride. And yes, parking is a pain in the behind in berkeley. Also, driving through bay bridge and I-80 ain't cool either (look at gmaps traffic info during your interview times).

Hope this helps.
Manager
Manager
 Q49  V40
Send PM
Thank You guys.
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Just got my Haas interview invite!
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 17 [0]
Given Kudos: 6
Schools:Duke!! (CBS-in, Texas-in, Yale-WL, Haas-R)
Send PM
Were you R2 or R3 and what is your profile?
Intern
Intern
GPA: 3.78
Send PM
One of the Haas emails mentioned that interview notifications are made in random order. Does anyone have a sense of whether there is actually some pattern to interview invites? For instance, time of application completion, if not applicant strength. Also, if the last few posters who just got interview invites could let me know when their application became complete, I would really appreciate it.

I want to apply to the part-time program if I am not accepted to full-time. Does anyone know if it is worth applying to the part-time program as soon as possible or whether round 3 applications are not even reviewed until the March 14th deadline.

Thanks in advance for your help.
Intern
Intern
Send PM
jorytime wrote:
One of the Haas emails mentioned that interview notifications are made in random order. Does anyone have a sense of whether there is actually some pattern to interview invites? For instance, time of application completion, if not applicant strength. Also, if the last few posters who just got interview invites could let me know when their application became complete, I would really appreciate it.

I want to apply to the part-time program if I am not accepted to full-time. Does anyone know if it is worth applying to the part-time program as soon as possible or whether round 3 applications are not even reviewed until the March 14th deadline.

Thanks in advance for your help.

mbagirl7568 wrote:
Were you R2 or R3 and what is your profile?

I did R2. My application became complete on Jan 25th.

Also, my profile - 23yrs (graduated young from UG) / Ivy League - 3.2 gpa (double econ and gov't major) / GMAT 700 / 2 yrs working as an economic policy analyst in the US Senate. I did a lot of ECs in UG and do a lot now. Also, in a certificate program at American's Institute of Politics.
Manager
Manager
Given Kudos: 3
Send PM
Does Haas send out interview invites all the way till the decision date, for any given round?
GMAT Club Bot
   1  ...  48   49   50   51   52   53   54  ...  92   
Moderators:
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
6920 posts
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
238 posts