Last visit was: 24 Apr 2024, 20:57 It is currently 24 Apr 2024, 20:57

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
SORT BY:
Date
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 7 [0]
Given Kudos: 1
Schools:HBS - Class of 2013
Send PM
Director
Director
Own Kudos [?]: 27 [0]
Given Kudos: 13
Schools:Tuck, Yale (ding), NYU, Columbia, Duke (int)
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: [0]
Given Kudos: 0
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 1 [0]
Given Kudos: 4
Schools:CBS, Kellogg, Ross (w/$$), Wharton , HBS
Send PM
Re: Calling All CBS 2011 Applicants!! [#permalink]
Unless the typos significantly changed the meaning of your essays, don't worry about it -- AdCom probably wouldn't even notice the mistakes but if you call it just brings extra attention to them.
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 6 [0]
Given Kudos: 3
Send PM
How long after acceptance to CBS do you have to pay a deposit to confirm your enrollment?? 1 month? is it flexible?

I am directing this to the regular decision folks.
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 197 [0]
Send PM
I submitted my regular decision applicaton last night. I did not submit a photo of myself. Hopefully that won't hurt my chances.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 9 [0]
Concentration: Real Estate, International Business
Send PM
Anyone have any input, information, or advice on deferrals?

To those deferred, what is your next plan of attack? Have you heard anything from CBS?
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Curious about timing - CBS [#permalink]
Hi. Im shooting to get my app in by end of this week (12/31) for Columbia and dont think I will have a problem meeting that deadline.
HOwever, Im curious if anyone has any insight into how much WORSE my chances are for not ahving submitted earlier (Nov or Dec 1st, for example). I really have no clue if the answer is :

a. my chances are basically the same
b. my chances are slightly worse
c. my chances are significantly (greater than 20%) worse

any idea?? Thanks

Charlie
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Hi. Im shooting to get my app in by end of this week (12/31) for Columbia and dont think I will have a problem meeting that deadline.
HOwever, Im curious if anyone has any insight into how much WORSE my chances are for not ahving submitted earlier (Nov or Dec 1st, for example). I really have no clue if the answer is :

any idea?? Thanks

Charlie
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 224 [0]
Given Kudos: 26
Send PM
Re: Curious about timing - CBS [#permalink]
charliedudd wrote:

any idea?? Thanks

Charlie

I'm planning on submitting my Columbia app by the Merit deadline (Jan 4th?)... to answer your question, i think either a) or b). i think definitely b) if you submit your apps anytime AFTER jan 4th (or 5th?)... and definitely c) if you're submitting during march
Stanford School Moderator
Own Kudos [?]: 38 [0]
Given Kudos: 68
Schools:Booth
 Q48  V45
GPA: 3.39
Send PM
Does it really matter? You can't turn back time. Focus on what you can control- submitting by the end of the week. The impression that I've gotten from Columbia adcom is that you are significantly better off submitting 12/31 than you are submitting on 1/4. Good luck.
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Send PM
charliedudd wrote:

any idea?? Thanks

Charlie

Earlier is always better, but in my opinion, submitting before new year's should be fine. If you submit before january 5th your application gets placed in a queue, but after that date, it's totally random. So submitting before january 5th is definitely advantageous. The way I see it, I think there will be tons of applications that will be submitted between January 2nd and the 5th, as people come back from winter break to wrap up their applications. So before new year's, in my opinion, will place you in a reasonable queue order.
Intern
Intern
Send PM
great - thanks
Intern
Intern
Send PM
thank you both
Intern
Intern
Send PM
one more - for the job duties/responsibilities section, are you guys & gals just copying resume bullets in or are you writing a mroe detailed narrative on accomplishments for each one? I was leaning towards copying in the 4 or 5 bullets and handling acheivements in the essays but was curious if everyone else was taking a different approach. thanks
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Send PM
charliedudd wrote:
one more - for the job duties/responsibilities section, are you guys & gals just copying resume bullets in or are you writing a mroe detailed narrative on accomplishments for each one? I was leaning towards copying in the 4 or 5 bullets and handling acheivements in the essays but was curious if everyone else was taking a different approach. thanks

I already submitted my application. I just wrote like 1-2 basic sentences describing my job in a nutshell. Maybe this was the wrong approach, but the resume already has the detailed bullet points, so I didn't think I needed to go into such detail.
Intern
Intern
Affiliations: CFA
Own Kudos [?]: 6 [0]
Concentration: Finance
Schools:Columbia (enrolling), Booth (admitted), Kellogg (admitted), NYU (withdrawn)
 Q50  V45
GPA: 3.8
WE 1: 3 yrs IM
Send PM
thirderivativemerf wrote:
Any thoughts as to what to do if you notice some (2) minor errors/typos in your app after submitting? Is it best to call the ad com or not call attention to it? Thanks in advance.

I know it's a terrible feeling, but I would let it slide if it's something small. I had typos on two applications. I mispelt Silfen (Leadership Series) as Silgen and did not bother to correct it. For Kellogg, I misreported my major GPA as my cumulative GPA and notified the adcom of my error. Use your best judgement.
Intern
Intern
Affiliations: CFA
Own Kudos [?]: 6 [1]
Concentration: Finance
Schools:Columbia (enrolling), Booth (admitted), Kellogg (admitted), NYU (withdrawn)
 Q50  V45
GPA: 3.8
WE 1: 3 yrs IM
Send PM
Kudos
charliedudd wrote:

This section gives you the opportunity to describe your responsibilities/duties, whereas your resume bullets should skip the description of your job responsibilities and strictly detail your performance highlights/achievements.

Contrast the following:
Duties paragraph: I am responsible for analyzing xyz.
On Resume: - Saved company $xx by streamlining xyz process.

I hope that helps.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 3 [0]
Given Kudos: 11
Schools:NYU Stern 2013
Send PM
cg86 wrote:
charliedudd wrote:

This section gives you the opportunity to describe your responsibilities/duties, whereas your resume bullets should skip the description of your job responsibilities and strictly detail your performance highlights/achievements.

Contrast the following:
Duties paragraph: I am responsible for analyzing xyz.
On Resume: - Saved company $xx by streamlining xyz process.

I hope that helps.

Your comments are very helpful. Thanks for sharing your idea.
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 14 [0]
Send PM
I already completed my interview with an alum but received an invitation to meet with an adcom member again.
Anyone had similar experience?
GMAT Club Bot
   1  ...  123   124   125   126   127  ...  198