Last visit was: 25 Apr 2024, 04:25 It is currently 25 Apr 2024, 04:25

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 41 [0]
Given Kudos: 3
GMAT 2: 710
Send PM
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 222 [0]
Given Kudos: 31
Concentration: Healthcare, Strategy, MC
Schools:Kellogg '11
Send PM
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 215 [0]
Given Kudos: 4
Concentration: Investment Management
Schools:CBS, Cornell, Duke, Ross, Darden
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Send PM
Re: Calling all Darden Fall 2009 applicants! [#permalink]
I was losing hope, but I just got my interview invite at 2:10 PM (EST).

Cheers! Here's to keeping the hope alive.
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 14 [0]
Given Kudos: 7
Concentration: Finance
Schools:Yale SOM 2011
 Q44  V42
Send PM
liubhs02 wrote:

Congrats when are you going?
Manager
Manager
Send PM
smokedpotatoes2 wrote:
liubhs02 wrote:

Congrats when are you going?

Thanks, I'm interviewing on 2/19.
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 16 [0]
Given Kudos: 2
 Q49  V42
Send PM
liubhs02 wrote:

Congrats! Out of curiosity, how long ago did you go pending? Mine has been pending for just over a week.
Manager
Manager
Send PM
atlmba2009 wrote:
liubhs02 wrote:

Congrats! Out of curiosity, how long ago did you go pending? Mine has been pending for just over a week.

If I recall correctly, my was "pending" on 1/7/09 (I submitted on 1/5/09). My status now says "Pending Committee Review" (I'm not sure if that was different than my previous pending message, I think it might be different).

I called Darden earlier this week, they told me not to worry, that interview goes out all the way until the decision deadline on March 25. I don't quite understand how that works since their interview period is Feb 16 - Mar 2, but I didn't press the issue.

Good luck!
--------------------------------------
Status Code - Pending Committee Review
Message - Your application is now with the Admissions Committee for evaluation. You will be notified of your decision by email on the decision date assigned to the application round in which you applied.

Originally posted by liubhs02 on 13 Feb 2009, 14:54.
Last edited by liubhs02 on 13 Feb 2009, 14:59, edited 1 time in total.
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 156 [0]
Given Kudos: 29
Concentration: Brand
Schools:Cornell '11
 Q47  V40
Send PM
Cancelled interview and withdrew my app today. Good luck everyone!
Manager
Manager
 Q44  V42
Send PM
Raabend wrote:
Cancelled interview and withdrew my app today. Good luck everyone!

Raabend,
Congrats on your decision :)
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 13 [0]
Given Kudos: 1
 Q42  V49
Send PM
so interviewing has started at UVA. any field reports. Just made it in to Darden today for my interview tomorrow.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 13 [1]
Given Kudos: 0
Concentration: General Management/Strategy
Schools:Darden Class of 2011, Tuck, Duke, McCombs, HBS
 Q49  V44
Send PM
Kudos
I just did my darden interview, here are some comments:

- i felt that the day was really well organized. the admissions office has a nice welcome area and there was almost always a 1st or 2nd year student to talk to in case you were waiting around.

- the class visit was really interesting and the students seemed to talk more than at tuck and fuqua (where i also visited and also really liked but in different ways). at the beginning of the class i introduced myself and had to tell an embarrassing story.

- the interview was really laid back. as most people have said before, it really was "tell me your story". my interviewer was a 2nd year student and she asked some questions along the way, but it was mostly me talking the whole time and telling about my life and experiences. of the course the why MBA and why darden questions were there. and at the end i got to ask her some questions. i was surprised that she didn't even take notes during the interview. some people get adcom interviewers and some 2nd year. i heard it is random and makes no difference (hopefully that's true!)

- after the interview, we had a nice lunch with a member of the faculty. the prof we met with was really friendly and nice. i was surprised to find that you call all the profs by their first names (which is pretty cool).

- after lunch, we got a tour and then my day was done!

all in all, it was a great day and definitely reaffirmed how much i want to get into darden.

good luck to all (but not if you take my spot :) ).
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 3 [0]
Schools:Tuck
 Q45  V40
Send PM
Is there any international candidate who has received interview invitations? (Just to know whether I can still receive mine)
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 13 [1]
 Q42  V49
Send PM
Kudos
what Matt said.

Had my interview today. Extremely informal though a bit of a monologue by me I thought. Maybe I should have allowed more conversational pauses or something. But I guess they really allow you to speak so giving your life story in 20 odd mins is pretty hard. I think I was closer to 30-35 mins just straight of the bat. Followed by the standard why darden, why now questions.. all in all I was closer to 1 hr than 30 mins. the only other question he asked me was what is your leadership style - with a 1 min answer. guess i am long winded.. oh well.

On the whole a pretty good day. I am glad I made the trip - the place is really nice and attending a class was interesting - the students def talked more than the students at Tuck, Kellogg and Booth (yes i know not saying much).

Now I guess I keep my fingers crossed and hope I get in.
Manager
Manager
 Q44  V42
Send PM
My interview went very much the same way as Matt's interview. (actually I belive we met - Sirius?)

Everyone was very friendly and the whole day was very well planned, yet at the same time felt very relaxed and welcoming.

I think Matt and I had the same class a global econ focusing on India. The students were very active in their participation, and the class was very engaging. I also had to do the intro and embarrassing story.

Lunch was great, the dining room felt like a country club (actually the whole campus did). Lunch was with a profesor who was very friendly and engaging.

My interview went very well. He basically asked me to tell him my story and why Darden. The interview basically flowed like a normal conversation. Again no note taking. At the end he asked if I had any questions (which I did) We ended up getting in a rather long, but great duscussion.

Overall my experience was great! :-D

SP

BklynMatt wrote:
I just did my darden interview, here are some comments:

- i felt that the day was really well organized. the admissions office has a nice welcome area and there was almost always a 1st or 2nd year student to talk to in case you were waiting around.

- the class visit was really interesting and the students seemed to talk more than at tuck and fuqua (where i also visited and also really liked but in different ways). at the beginning of the class i introduced myself and had to tell an embarrassing story.

- the interview was really laid back. as most people have said before, it really was "tell me your story". my interviewer was a 2nd year student and she asked some questions along the way, but it was mostly me talking the whole time and telling about my life and experiences. of the course the why MBA and why darden questions were there. and at the end i got to ask her some questions. i was surprised that she didn't even take notes during the interview. some people get adcom interviewers and some 2nd year. i heard it is random and makes no difference (hopefully that's true!)

- after the interview, we had a nice lunch with a member of the faculty. the prof we met with was really friendly and nice. i was surprised to find that you call all the profs by their first names (which is pretty cool).

- after lunch, we got a tour and then my day was done!

all in all, it was a great day and definitely reaffirmed how much i want to get into darden.

good luck to all (but not if you take my spot :) ).

Originally posted by smokedpotatoes2 on 19 Feb 2009, 09:33.
Last edited by smokedpotatoes2 on 19 Feb 2009, 10:36, edited 1 time in total.
Intern
Intern
Concentration: General Management/Strategy
Schools:Darden Class of 2011, Tuck, Duke, McCombs, HBS
 Q49  V44
Send PM
Haha, yep, that's me. I had a feeling there would be someone else that would post from our day. glad the interview went well. Good luck!
Current Student
 Q42  V49
Send PM
I will second that comment - the day is really well organized and there is quite a bit to do. If you are going to Darden to interview, I suggest planning on staying the day or arriving early for your interview.

The tour and the class were pretty good. Just hanging out in the admissions area for a couple of hours you get to meet a few current students so if you don't know any current students that works out well. I think one of the best parts was meeting with the head of the career office and discussing future careers. It's def the first school that I visited that did this. He was candid and pretty good about answering our questions. I know they have a session on fin aid.. but i didnt attend that due to the other activities that had been going on - i figure i need to get in first then worry about that.
Manager
Manager
 Q44  V42
Send PM
BklynMatt wrote:
Haha, yep, that's me. I had a feeling there would be someone else that would post from our day. glad the interview went well. Good luck!

I was the guy in the pin stripe suit... I always wonder if any of the other candidates are gmatclubers :panel
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 41 [1]
Send PM
Kudos
I had my interview today with a member of the Darden admissions. Like everyone said the interview was very relaxed and friendly. The questions are the same: life story, why MBA, why Darden? Thanks to everyone’s previous experiences, I was prepared for the question. Maybe it’s because I interviewed with a member of the admissions team, but I felt a bit rush toward the end. I rushed through the end of my life story and did a quick take on why MBA and why Darden. In the beginning of the interview, she said that the interview should last 45 minutes, and my interview took 48 minutes total. Overall, I felt good about the interview. I want to wish everyone good luck on gaining admissions to Darden.
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 3 [0]
Schools:Tuck
 Q45  V40
Send PM
I have been invited to interview. Anyone has done an Alumni interview?
GMAT Club Bot
   1  ...  24   25   26   27   28   29   30   31   32  ...  35