Last visit was: 28 Apr 2024, 07:31 It is currently 28 Apr 2024, 07:31

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 55 [0]
Given Kudos: 12
Schools:Duke
GPA: 3.8
Send PM
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 427 [0]
Given Kudos: 52
Concentration: Strategy, Finance
Schools: UNC (Kenan-Flagler) - Class of 2013
GMAT 1: 720 Q49 V39
WE:Programming (Computer Software)
Send PM
VP
VP
Own Kudos [?]: 765 [0]
Given Kudos: 20
Concentration: General Management, Strategy
Schools: Duke (Fuqua) - Class of 2012
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: [0]
Given Kudos: 0
Send PM
Re: Calling All Duke (Fuqua) 2011 Applicants [#permalink]
Count me in for R1.

Do candidates who opt-in for the open interview stand a better chance at getting admitted than candidates who don't and wait for an interview call? Can someone shed some light here?

I've been so busy prepping to meet R1 deadlines of other schools that I've hardly got any time to prepare for the Fuqua interview or research the school.
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 111 [0]
Given Kudos: 8
Concentration: Strategy Consulting
Schools:HEC Paris, , Tepper
Send PM
asimov wrote:
shaselai wrote:
do people who did the open interview get much earlier consideration since there's no "waiting time" for interview invite/accept/take etc.?
Decisions will be sent out all at once (at least that's how it went in years past).
almostfamous wrote:
I know that the school sends the interview invites by October 25th (I did not sigh up for the self-initiated interview). But do they notify everyone, even you are NOT invited for an interview (and thus, the application will not be further considered)?

Has anyone from the Early Round already heard back from Duke regarding the interview?
You will get an invite if Fuqua wants to interview you, much like every other school that do not have the open interview policy. If you don't get an invite by 25th, you will not get an invite. People will generally report whether or not they were invited, since there isn't any word, I'm assuming invitations haven't gone out yet. But there's still 2 weeks until the deadline, I wouldn't stress about it. I think last year, I got mine right around the deadline.

Hi,

Thanks for the info. I've just checked my online application status, and it says "Completed". I am guessing that this means the adcom has received and confirmed all the application materials.

So, we are likely to hear from Fuqua about the interview invite on the same date. Few more weeks to go...waiting is never easy!
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 106 [0]
Given Kudos: 66
Send PM
I just got the completion email as well!
Less than two weeks for interviews.
Manager
Manager
Send PM
Just rushed into checking my application status, in a moment of application-frenzy. I knew that we won't be hearing anything from the adcom by 24th-25thish, but could not help it!

If anyone has any positive distracting facts in their pockets to help with this waiting, will greatly appreciate if you could share them with us!

I'm actually curious to know, if you don't get invited for the interview, does it change the status of your online application? I'd very much like to avoid the situation, where the status remains the same ("Completed" as of today for me), and I'm not receiving the interview invite. This will surely make me a fanatic checker of the "Spam" folder every 3 seconds, during inhumane hours (as I live +12 h time zone from Durham)!
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 11 [0]
Given Kudos: 27
Concentration: Healthcare, Strategy, Entrepreneurship
Schools:Darden (R1), Duke (R1), Kellogg 1Y (R1), Berkeley MBA/MPH (R2), Wharton (R2)
Send PM
Hi Everyone,

I had a quick question on the application under the employment section. There is a field for "Total number of months of management experience." Is this for direct reports only or can I include project management and indirect management experience here also.

Thanks in advance for your help.
Director
Director
Own Kudos [?]: 303 [1]
Given Kudos: 86
Concentration: Entrepreneurship, Strategy
Schools: Michigan (Ross) - Class of 2013
GMAT 1: 770 Q50 V44
GPA: 3.3
WE:Project Management (Aerospace and Defense)
Send PM
Kudos
mba4me2010 wrote:
Hi Everyone,

I had a quick question on the application under the employment section. There is a field for "Total number of months of management experience." Is this for direct reports only or can I include project management and indirect management experience here also.

Thanks in advance for your help.

I would think that any managerial experience would apply: project management, financial (budgetary) management, supervisory, etc.
Current Student
Send PM
almostfamous wrote:
Just rushed into checking my application status, in a moment of application-frenzy. I knew that we won't be hearing anything from the adcom by 24th-25thish, but could not help it!

If anyone has any positive distracting facts in their pockets to help with this waiting, will greatly appreciate if you could share them with us!

I'm actually curious to know, if you don't get invited for the interview, does it change the status of your online application? I'd very much like to avoid the situation, where the status remains the same ("Completed" as of today for me), and I'm not receiving the interview invite. This will surely make me a fanatic checker of the "Spam" folder every 3 seconds, during inhumane hours (as I live +12 h time zone from Durham)!

Calm down, lol. I can sense the frenzy in your post! I bet you have no problem conveying your feelings in your essays. :)

They will email you if you get the interview, if not you have to wait till dec 3 to see of you are WL'ed or Dinged.

If you've gotten an email from them before you will get one again.
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 8 [0]
Given Kudos: 5
Schools:Tuck(WL), Cornell, Ross(Dinged), UCLA(Dinged), UNC(Accepted w/$$$), Tulane(Accepted w/$$$)
 Q48  V39
Send PM
Anyone knows the % of applicants that were invited for the interview in the last year?
Current Student
Send PM
they unfortunately do not release that statistic

Posted from my mobile device
Intern
Intern
Given Kudos: 1
 Q50  V42
GPA: 4.26
WE 1: 4 years - Oil and Gas
Send PM
Hello guys n gals,
Have anyone received interview invite for Fuqua EA?

I did not take the on campus interview.

Cheers,
D
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 427 [0]
Given Kudos: 52
Concentration: Strategy, Finance
Schools: UNC (Kenan-Flagler) - Class of 2013
GMAT 1: 720 Q49 V39
WE:Programming (Computer Software)
Send PM
if you wanted interview you shouldve done the open instead of waiting....
Manager
Manager
Send PM
jordanhendrix wrote:
almostfamous wrote:

Calm down, lol. I can sense the frenzy in your post! I bet you have no problem conveying your feelings in your essays. :)

They will email you if you get the interview, if not you have to wait till dec 3 to see of you are WL'ed or Dinged.

If you've gotten an email from them before you will get one again.

Happy to entertain others with my lunatic frenzy :)

Ohhh, now, this is what I was afraid of! So basically, if I am not lucky enough to get an interview invite, then, It's going to be a long wait until Dec 5th!

Thanks for the info in any case. Being in the know feels better than not knowing.
Intern
Intern
Given Kudos: 0
Send PM
I'll apply for R1
Director
Director
Own Kudos [?]: 303 [0]
Given Kudos: 86
Concentration: Entrepreneurship, Strategy
Schools: Michigan (Ross) - Class of 2013
GMAT 1: 770 Q50 V44
GPA: 3.3
WE:Project Management (Aerospace and Defense)
Send PM
Hey everyone,

We've been working on new ways to better assist everyone in their business school research and school selection. As part of that effort, we've created school guides for a handful of schools and we'd like your feedback. For now, think of these school guides as a beta. If there's anything that you'd like to see added to the guide, please let us know! If you find these guides to be helpful, we'll build similar guides for all of the other top schools.

Duke (Fuqua) Business School Guide

Other Business School Guides
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 5 [0]
Given Kudos: 3
Concentration: General
Schools:Anderson, Darden
 Q49  V44
Send PM
Please count me in for R1
Current Student
Send PM
shaselai wrote:

I chose to wait to see if I earned it, I hope it doesnt come back to bite me, but I dont see anything wrong with ether choice. Liz Riley Hargrove said most admits are invited..obviously
Intern
Intern
Given Kudos: 1
 Q50  V42
GPA: 4.26
WE 1: 4 years - Oil and Gas
Send PM
jordanhendrix wrote:
shaselai wrote:

I chose to wait to see if I earned it, I hope it doesnt come back to bite me, but I dont see anything wrong with ether choice. Liz Riley Hargrove said most admits are invited..obviously

I didn't have a choice; I live on the other side of the planet.
GMAT Club Bot
   1  ...  9   10   11   12   13  ...  133   
Moderators:
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
6923 posts
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
238 posts